Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 12:47am

Style: Hung Ga Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you really can't just walk in on their sparring class and watch, then I suggest you find someone that's training to compete and talk to them about the system. Get them to show you some stuff that they find useful in the system and all of that.

The form in the video is ok to me. The techniques? Ask the sifu you are currently training under what they think of them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 1:27am

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    If you really can't just walk in on their sparring class and watch, then I suggest you find someone that's training to compete and talk to them about the system. Get them to show you some stuff that they find useful in the system and all of that.

The form in the video is ok to me. The techniques? Ask the sifu you are currently training under what they think of them.
    I'm pretty sure I only enjoy the form because of the sound effects and music. Also its the same guy from Kung Fu Hustle and it's hilarious to think that the same serious guy in the demo eventually played a gay tailor hung gar master.

As for the sparring like I said. I've been told that it's open from day one but I am seriously out of shape and I would rather pay for the month, see if I dig the classes that I would spend the majority of my time in and then if so check out the sparring classes that I would probably end up at once every week/other week. I'm looking for a decent mix of practical and classical training. There are also tons of places to get open sparring in if I want to I am sure. But I am a nerd to the core and as such I require a bit of the old school style along with the real life practicality. And besides. If it doesn't work out at this place there is no shortage of other options.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 6:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if you happen to not like that form, I'm pretty sorry to say that all the other hand forms are about the same. Maybe time will change your mind.

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 7:51am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    honestly the prices at 3 harmonies seem way too high. $80 a month plus $25 per class matt fee?
    The fee schedule looks to be $80/month for enrolled students *or* $25/class for drop-ins, with the option to buy a ten class card for $180 ($18/class) for those who are infrequent but dedicated. Hell, private lessons are only $55/hour. I don't know Seattle prices, but $80/month looks quite affordable to me.
    Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 8:43am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    80 bucks a month is a great bargain. You really can't beat that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 8:57am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nomamao View Post
    80 bucks a month is a great bargain. You really can't beat that.
    agreed.

"Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 11:52am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd eat my own **** for good CMA at $80 buck a month.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 12:53pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    I'd eat my own **** for good CMA at $80 buck a month.
    Damn. I'd pay $80 a month for good cma at $80 a month. I'm hard pressed to think of anything I'd eat **** for. You sir are dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Rusher View Post
    The fee schedule looks to be $80/month for enrolled students *or* $25/class for drop-ins, with the option to buy a ten class card for $180 ($18/class) for those who are infrequent but dedicated. Hell, private lessons are only $55/hour. I don't know Seattle prices, but $80/month looks quite affordable to me.
    Gotcha. I'll call and get clarification but that seems more reasonable. I've never dealt with matt fee's before so I apparently assumed the worst. Funny enough that place just a bit closer than the one I'm currently at.

Thanks for the Link IIF.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12