Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 2:22pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Creotology - Grand Master Brady Cameron

I came across this recently and thought it might be interesting to those on here who enjoy calling these sort of people out. I did a search of the BS forums for both the name of the style and the person running it and didn't get any hits. Mods, if there is already a thread on this or if you don't feel this is the proper place or worthy of investigation please feel free to remove this thread. I haven't been on in a while and don't want to upset the apple cart.

Now, on to the style/school/soke at hand. At first glance when you look at the videos and read the descriptions of the style it appears to be nothing much more than your typical jutsu of questionable lineage which, since they are a dime a dozen, doesn't really get my panties in a bunch these days. However, once you read further and check out the "Soke's" bio it begins to be apparent that this is actually some sort of cult-like situation and rather more than your typical mcdojo. I don't want to overstate the situation here but when you read a few of the links and start looking into the "programs of study" and courses offered things start to look more than a little scary, at least from the outside.

Here is a link to the homepage: http://www.bradycameron.com/aboutus.html

A quick search on youtube also shows some demo videos that may be worth a look for anyone that is interested. I decided against posting them here to make the thread easer to read in the short term. If it is worth adding them later, that would be fine with me as well.

I have no link to these people, no personal vendetta against them, and in fact had not heard of them until a couple of days ago. I guess the real concerning part from my view is the very real possibility of people being suckered into a martial arts cult and taken advantage of.

I look forward to the discussion.

Cheers,

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 2:46pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Psoke
    Soke Cameronís Current Rank:
    Seventh degree black belt in Yawara Jutsu.
    Seventh degree black belt in Kempo Jutsu.
    Fifth degree black belt in Daiyoshin Ryu JuJutsu.
    Fifth degree black belt in Nihon Ryu Jujutsu
    Fifth degree black belt in Okinawan Goju Kempo

I am curious how much he paid on ebay for all of these fine black belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 3:20pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - Creotology Traditional Ju Jitsu and Battle Ki 1 of 5

Speaking as a judoka, if I ever tried most of the ukemi in this video, I would fear for the wellbeing of my neck.

You can view one "breakfall" where they jump, tuck everything in and withstand the blow. If I'm not mistaken, ukemi works by maximising the area of impact so the shock is "spread out" in your body. This does the exact opposite. Note the comment : "its 4 da streetz bro".

If you go farther in the series, you'll notice amusing internal energy parlor tricks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 6:58pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I am not a Judoka or grappler, we do practice some Ukemi and some of this stuff is flat out scary. The first rolls are similar to one that we use, but I have to admit the flip and smash of the spine to the ground made my back hurt.

Are these guys truly serious or is this a Youtube joke? I am hoping for joke. If he is serious, he needs to be outed.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 8:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The spiritual laws links on the website sounds cultish. The falls off the chair look painful. Plus if that guy has so many blackbelts why is he still a fatass.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 8:25pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a ton of bad technique and ukemi going around, myself included ;). That isn't really what bothers me. I am far more concerned about whether innocent people are being suckered in by a made up system that is also a front for what appears to be a cult.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 8:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Download the mini course, it's funny

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holyshit you are not kidding. I think this guy wants to be the next L.Ron Hubbard.:emo: I think I just lost IQ points trying to read through that Bullcrap.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2009 3:07am

Style: bagua

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Magus Course

This level has it all. It teaches you the ability to align your will as the manifestation of your universe. It is the acceptance of all responsibility. You will break down the resistance of all your creations and liberate the energy into the structures you want to experience. It is the ability to expand consciousness and create whatever you chose. It is the empowering feeling to know that you are in control of your intention and that consciousness is created from your beliefs. We will show you that although you may never prove that a belief is true or not, you can prove it to be effective or non effective. It is the creational aspect of your spiritual journey. It is how you create the spirit world, the relations of entities, and how to formulate them. All lessons will be amalgamated and integrated by way of personal experience and will effect you neurology and spiritually. You will be given the ability through direct experience to realign yourself out of parallel realities. You will learn how to recognize when you are in them, so your consciousness is free to do what it is meant to do in this dimension.

Apologies for pointing out the bleedin obvious but the above is a form of mind control/coercive manipulation disguised as a personal development workshop. Typically cults invite people to question their reality and accept new (and usually completely irrational) "realities" as a way of controlling and exploiting people.

I completely agree with those who say that this is a cult.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2009 8:10am

Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a list of his corporations in Nevada. You can search this here:
    https://esos.state.nv.us/SOSServices...orpSearch.aspx

Officer Name Officer Type Entity Name
    BRADY CAMERON Managing Member SEDUCTIVE SPIRIT, L.L.C., A
    BRADY CAMERON Managing Member LAS VEGAS VALLEY HOMEBUYERS, LLC
    BRADY CAMERON Manager ANCIENT MARTIAL SCIENCE WARRIOR FEDERATION, LLC
    BRADY CAMERON President THE GREAT AWAKENING, INC.
    BRADY CAMERON President AMERICAN KEMPO JU JITSU ACADEMY, INC.
    BRADY CAMERON President ALCHEMY AUTO, LTD.
    BRADY CAMERON Secretary ALCHEMY AUTO, LTD.
    BRADY CAMERON Treasurer ALCHEMY AUTO, LTD.
    BRADY CAMERON Subscriber THE GREAT AWAKENING INSTITUTE, BRADY CAMERON, PRESIDENT, AND HIS SUCCESSORS, A CORPORATION SOLE
    BRADY CAMERON Director CREOTOLOGY PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, CORP.
    BRADY CAMERON President CREOTOLOGY PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, CORP.
    BRADY CAMERON Secretary CREOTOLOGY PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, CORP.
    BRADY CAMERON Treasurer CREOTOLOGY PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT, CORP.
    BRADY CAMERON President CREOTOLOGY MARTIAL & MENTAL ARTS FEDERATION, INC.
    BRADY M CAMERON President THE GREAT AWAKENING INSTITUTE, INC.
    BRADY M CAMERON Secretary THE GREAT AWAKENING INSTITUTE, INC.
    BRADY M CAMERON Treasurer THE GREAT AWAKENING INSTITUTE, INC.
    BRADY M CAMERON JR Subscriber OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT, BRADY CAMERON, AND HIS SUCCESSORS, A CORPORATION SOLE
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast