222316 Bullies, 4054 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/13/2009 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jol View Post
    Dunno whether you've seen an MMA fight, Ben, but the clocks tick down...:icon_surp
    Haha, crash and burn! Next time I make a dick of myself, do me a favour and PM me.
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 9:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WARminowaman View Post
    Hang on, did you just start a thread called "The Worst Refereeing I Have Ever Seen" and NOT mention Dan Mirgliotta!?
    exactly what i was thinking. p4p worst ref is the best description of him i've read. i actually got scared when i saw he was the ref for penn/stiller, er, florian.

Lol, can't believe I'd forgotten that fight! I guess Lavigne decided to consolidate all of his Miragliottisms into just one fight. Sell must have lost a ton of brain cells that night; he got rocked. Love the way Brown checks up on him and apologizes at the end. Well worth watching again for the lulz:

http://www.mmatko.com/matt-brown-vs-...-video-ufc-96/

Only a prime asshat like Goldberg would say "Good job by Yves Lavigne!". Damn, I hate his commentary.

BTW - ever seen a ref take himself to the mat? Thought not:

lmao at lavigne taking himself down.
    lol, i forgot how terrible that brown/sell fight was. lavigne didn't even stop the fight when sell lost his battle with balance and fell down almost by himself. bright side of the story? the crowd booed very loudly when lavigne was introduced as the ref for the main event (rampage/jardine).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2009 12:31pm

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jol View Post
    I actually just remembered the ref who stood Rothwell up while he was in side control on Arlovski. Or was it Nelson? I always get them confused.
    The first time I saw that, I thought he still had the Kimura grip and was still kneeing him in the side when it was stood up. On closer inspection (about 2:30 into the first round) Andrei Arlovski vs. Roy Nelson Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://embed.break.com/586042@@AMEPARAM@@586042

He was locking him down in side control for 2-3 seconds (no kimura grips or knees) before the standup.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/17/2009 8:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Veach vs Matt Grice Ulitimate Fight Night 17

Matt Veach took far more punishment from Matt Grice and the fight was not stopped.Matt Grice takes a minimal amount of punishment from Matt Veach but the referee stops it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2009 3:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Rugby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hang on, did you just start a thread called "The Worst Refereeing I Have Ever Seen" and NOT mention Dan Mirgliotta!?

:laughing8
    I........I don't even have words. It looked like he was gonna try and get to side control for god sakes. unreal
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123