230546 Bullies, 3788 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Forum F-ery Friday (A Subsidiary of HOW DO ARMBAR? LLC)

Contrary to popular belief, Bullshido has always been a fan of the Chinese Martial Arts. We know it's easy to misunderstand, given how often it seems we're being critical of styles, practitioners, and techniques that fall under that category.

But the contributions the Chinese have made to the Martial Arts and fighting in general are beyond dispute, and still outweigh, for the most part, the amount of BS that we've chronicled over the years.

And with the recent emergence of a competitive MMA scene in China, CMA is set to see a new resurgence as fighters pressure test ancient techniques, and find a new "voice" within the greater Martial Arts community; one that's refined and tempered by the heat of battle into something new and unique. Who will be CMA's Lyoto Machida? Is he already here in the form of San Shou turned MMA fighter Cung Le, or will we see someone who incorporates even more traditional, but unconventional tactics within rings and cages?

So it's with a good deal of sincere affection and respect that I undertook to troll the living crap out of Kung Fu Magazine's Forum. Gene Ching is a swell bloke, and while their community seems to withering faster than an (empty)flower outside of the Mandalay Bay events center at noon on fight day, the handful of individuals on there always make for a good grammatical gong sau.

Perhaps I shouldn't use the word "troll" as it implies I'm not posting with sincerity. Once upon a time "trolling" actually meant that you were chiming in on things (on the Internets) in an insincere manner that was designed to elicit an irrational, emotional response from the marks and ruin any chance of productive discussion.

But when I ride my horse (laptop) into the sunset of the wild wild web, six shooter at my side, it's loaded with ammo coated in such deadly toxins as "common fucking sense", "facts", and "supporting evidence". So I'm not really trolling by the original definition of the word. What I do is actually more like a running gun battle in which I get to "shoot" stupid people.

However, the world "trolling" has now taken on a completely different meaning as a result of intellectually cowardly manchildren who refuse to openly spar others with their ideas (Phil Elmore, for example). Nowadays if you post anything that upsets someone or challenges their irrationally but resolutely held convictions (especially with those silly "facts" and "evidence" things) you're a "troll", which then allows the accuser to, ironically, retreat back into the safety of his cave or under his bridge.

So call it whatever you want. I'd like to call it Cowboy Posting, because I watched Tombstone over the weekend (for the 9th time) and think six-shooters are rad. Whatever you want to call it, it's fun, entertaining, and good for America.

The cast of characters

David Jamieson - Sausage King of Ontario, limited grasp of the English language.
    lkfmdc - Well adjusted human being, makes me wonder why he still posts there.
    TenTigers - I don't really know since I glossed over most of his posts.t
    taai gihk yahn - Same as above only his username makes me want to order a 3 item combo at Panda Express and then take a nap.
    goju - A hip and happening cat.

Also featuring

Scott R. Brown, Gene Ching, 1bad65, You Know Who, and Alexander the Great, among others.

You can start reading at page 16 where I come in (which makes it interesting), or if you really have a lot of time you can read from the begining (I didn't).

Linkage:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...=53175&page=16
    Attached Images  

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 1:45pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That YouKnowWho is a whiny little douche. He seems to think that becoming a member here will immediately result in getting haemorrhoids or something.

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 2:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought to myself, "Wow this is boring and lame" until this awesome:

There's no "TMA vs MMA" dichotomy.

There's only "people who train and test their techniques using full contact sparring" and "LARPers who want the glory of being a Martial Artist without having to put in the blood and sweat needed to achieve it".
    I feel like this needs to go somewhere in the TMA forums.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 2:24pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm amazed at how many times this David Jamieson chap used the term "fratboy."
    Do we actually even have any members here are affiliated with the Greek system?
    Hell, do we even have any members who are still in college? I got the impression that I was about it, and I just graduated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 2:44pm

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HOOOOLY ****
    Quote Originally Posted by [URL="http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?u=9782"
    Lokhopkuen[/URL]]

Hurting someone is easy any animal can do that.

Martial art is about Controlling your opponent's Movements.
    You really brewed up a **** typhoon there

you big meanie you

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 2:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 3:23pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the lulz! The end of that thread actually has some quality **** in it too!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 4:10pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering when another Forum F**kery Friday would occur. Thanks, Phrost, for another Friday time-killer :laughing6

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    I'm amazed at how many times this David Jamieson chap used the term "fratboy."
    Do we actually even have any members here are affiliated with the Greek system?
    Hell, do we even have any members who are still in college? I got the impression that I was about it, and I just graduated.

I just graduated myself and am a proud Zeta. Yeah, I saw that term thrown around too, but by now I've learned to ignore it. At any rate, a true frat party is never a sausagefest. Should a sausagefest occur, it gets downgraded to a "kickback." :glasses2:
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still in college and there are a some frat guys I know that are awesome, and I go to a college known for douchy frat assholes. But it's heartening to read that several of their guys espouse sparring and aliveness.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast