Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 3:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanshou sanda kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Throwdown anyone invited-surrey/london

Hi, I am looking for anyone interested in a throwdown around surrey or london area. no exact location yet but just want to see who would be interested in this first tho, cheers :)

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 3:33am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, London! I've been trying to get this going in a half arsed kinda way for years
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 3:37am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: sanshou sanda kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wicked! well all we need now is a venue a few more fighters and a date and all is sorted !

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm interested. I might even go so far as to actually show up, unlike last time.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:33am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I work in London and live in Kent so I'd say a yes to both. I'm interested.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 3:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Slidey will probably be up for it, seeing as he makes pretty much every UK Throwdown
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 4:34am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to come however I will be away for work from 25th September to the 1st of October and my first child is due to be born on the 30th of October.

So I will probably not make this one.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 5:55am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'd be up for something in London, as that's pretty easy for me to make. I'm not in the country for the first half of September, and money is a little tight at the moment, but if you can find somewhere in London, I'll almost certainly be there.

However, as Asriel mentioned, nobody has managed to get anything off the ground in London yet. Farnborough is the closest up until now, which is also where the last UK throwdown was held (at Andy Roberts' club).

BJJ clubs have been a good option recently, so that might be a useful first port of call for you to attempt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 5:22am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Been a LOOOONG time since I was last on here - glad to see my account still works!
    Anywho, so long as it's not mid-November, then I could be at this event... could probably bring a few folks who'd be up for this too!

Anyone got any ideas? Potential Gyms? Potential Dates? Like I say, I'm unavailable between 6th November and 24th November (going to be at Tiger Muay Thai and MMA in Phuket :-D )

Posted On:
    8/20/2009 5:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jawdy! Me old china, how the **** are you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast