221356 Bullies, 3909 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since this is Bullshido, I request a Video of said roll!

VIDEO OR DIDN'T HAPPEN!

And Mr. Porton, can you still provide the certs? Just so we can give this all a clean end?
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    Since this is Bullshido, I request a Video of said roll!

VIDEO OR DIDN'T HAPPEN!

And Mr. Porton, can you still provide the certs? Just so we can give this all a clean end?
    I will scan them and post them onto our website as soon as I get a chance, no problem.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Foster View Post
    Apology excepted. I'll take care of you next time we roll and let you know what it feels like to be squished by "One massive MAN", lol.

Coach
    Hey James, this is Euphrates. Hope all is well with you, school, and the wife. Tell her I'm still trying to work my way down there for a rematch. I appreciate you coming on here and clearing the air. It helps to have all the facts instead of rumor, conjecture, and the like.

This website is somewhat harsh but it does serve an admirable purpose. With MMA/BJJ being as popular as it is and continuing to explode, unfortunately, you are going to see more and more people coming out who have not put in the time and training the way you guys, my instructor, and those currently coming up in the BJJ ranks have been. They will feed of the popularity of the sport just to make a buck. Most people take a "wait and see" or "they will get whats coming to them" approach to the situation. I'm not one of them as many others on this board are not.

I've seen some of the injuries you've endured in your training to get where you are. My current instructor has had to have disks in his spine fused because of his training. When guys come around claiming rank and accomplishments, it degrades and disrespects all the hard work you and many others have put into their Jiu-Jitsu. Its for that very reason that this site is not only important, but needed.

Just my opinion, others may vary.

I would hope that you continue to review the site as it has a lot to offer and I'm sure you would be able to contribute a great deal as well.

Mr. Proctor, thank you as well for coming on here. I understand your apprehension and defensiveness. Someone actually inquired about my instructor on a Bullshido thread. It was settled in about 5 posts I believe.

Also, will someone get James a black belt tag.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 6:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Hey James, this is Euphrates. Hope all is well with you, school, and the wife. Tell her I'm still trying to work my way down there for a rematch. I appreciate you coming on here and clearing the air. It helps to have all the facts instead of rumor, conjecture, and the like.

This website is somewhat harsh but it does serve an admirable purpose. With MMA/BJJ being as popular as it is and continuing to explode, unfortunately, you are going to see more and more people coming out who have not put in the time and training the way you guys, my instructor, and those currently coming up in the BJJ ranks have been. They will feed of the popularity of the sport just to make a buck. Most people take a "wait and see" or "they will get whats coming to them" approach to the situation. I'm not one of them as many others on this board are not.

I've seen some of the injuries you've endured in your training to get where you are. My current instructor has had to have disks in his spine fused because of his training. When guys come around claiming rank and accomplishments, it degrades and disrespects all the hard work you and many others have put into their Jiu-Jitsu. Its for that very reason that this site is not only important, but needed.

I would hope that you continue to review the site as it has a lot to offer and I'm sure you would be able to contribute a great deal as well.

Mr. Proctor, thank you as well for coming on here. I understand your apprehension and defensiveness. Someone actually inquired about my instructor on a Bullshido thread. It was settled in about 5 posts I believe.

Hey Euphrates,

It's great to hear from you!!! Rank and promotions are very subjective issues that are full of opinions about the "right" and "wrong" way to promote/rank someone. I have my opinions on the issue and have many reasons for ranking the way that I do. Does that mean my way is the "right" way, or the only way? No, it's just the way that I feel in my heart is correct, and it's the way that every school I've trained at over the past 13 plus years has done things.

If your instructor says you're ready, whether that be through a test or not, you have no choice but to take your instructor's word for it even if you don't feel worthy. I understand where the people on this forum are coming from. Unfortunately there are many schools that charge for belts, or tests, etc and then give the belts out without following a set of standards.

Sadly Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu everywhere is becoming very Americanized, with money becoming the main focus, instead of a focus on quality instruction. I hope that issue disappears with time.

Take care!

Coach Foster

www.fosterbjj.com
    www.fbjjkids.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 6:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post

Thank you. The site is a bit harsh but understandably needed. It's VERY important to have facts before coming onto a site like this. I don't have a problem being questioned, I only have a problem with being questioned on a site like this out of rumor and heresay.

I won't get too deep into things but there's no secret that a handful of my former team members don't like me. Reasoning is more heresay, however; this has caused many hardships for me which include leaving Fosters in the first place. I never wanted to leave. It was my life. I left to avoid personal conflict. I traveled and I trained. I gave up my job and sold my business. To this day I still receive defaming information about myself nearly every few weeks. I ignore it. I keep training and I keep my mind focused. I've built an academy of over 50 students in 6 months. They're my family and my best friends. I would never turn my back or try to deceive them in any way.

With that being said, I am glad that this thread is ending on a positive note. I pray that those who think they know, make sure that they do before anymore deragatory rumors are passed around. I've said countless times, my phone is on and my door is open.

Respectfully, Gamebred Jiu-Jitsu recently dethrowned Marcelo Alonso for the title of "Best in the NW" last Saturday night. We are proud and honored to be the only Marcello Monteiro BJJ Association in Washington State. We are not an "online academy". We're the real thing and so is our BJJ. It cannot be confused with Professor Monteiro's DVD collections that he sells in his shop or website. Professor Monteiro travels to his academies and will be visiting us next in October.

Michael Proctor

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 6:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Foster View Post
    Hey Euphrates,

It's great to hear from you!!! Rank and promotions are very subjective issues that are full of opinions about the "right" and "wrong" way to promote/rank someone. I have my opinions on the issue and have many reasons for ranking the way that I do. Does that mean my way is the "right" way, or the only way? No, it's just the way that I feel in my heart is correct, and it's the way that every school I've trained at over the past 13 plus years has done things.

If your instructor says you're ready, whether that be through a test or not, you have no choice but to take your instructor's word for it even if you don't feel worthy. I understand where the people on this forum are coming from. Unfortunately there are many schools that charge for belts, or tests, etc and then give the belts out without following a set of standards.

Sadly Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu everywhere is becoming very Americanized, with money becoming the main focus, instead of a focus on quality instruction. I hope that issue disappears with time.

Take care!

Coach Foster

www.fosterbjj.com
    www.fbjjkids.com
    I fully understand. I share similar opinions on that as well, I'm sure.

My frustration has been that, it seems quite recently (although it has been happening for quite a while), people seem to be taking the "fast food" approach to BJJ. They want it "their way, right away". It just seems to get rampant and rampant and sometimes I wonder if it can truly be stopped. I'm not saying this is that situation, but I'm sure you have seen others attempt to prosper from the hard work you and others have put in.

Although I would like to hope this issue would disappear in time, it is doubtful. Just as in the 70's and 80's with Karate and Kung Fu, if those who can, don't stand up, we will probably be sitting hear talking about the good old days of BJJ as well as who has "the real Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu".

As for Mr. Proctor, I harbor no ill will towards him in any way. I became interested due to a friend of mine training with him being burned by his previous instructor. That particular gentleman threw some red flags up for me and I decided to let it slide. That was a big mistake on my part. I'm sure you are familiar with that situation as I'm sure Mr. Proctor is.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 7:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    Thank you. The site is a bit harsh but understandably needed. It's VERY important to have facts before coming onto a site like this. I don't have a problem being questioned, I only have a problem with being questioned on a site like this out of rumor and heresay.

I won't get too deep into things but there's no secret that a handful of my former team members don't like me. Reasoning is more heresay, however; this has caused many hardships for me which include leaving Fosters in the first place. I never wanted to leave. It was my life. I left to avoid personal conflict. I traveled and I trained. I gave up my job and sold my business. To this day I still receive defaming information about myself nearly every few weeks. I ignore it. I keep training and I keep my mind focused. I've built an academy of over 50 students in 6 months. They're my family and my best friends. I would never turn my back or try to deceive them in any way.

With that being said, I am glad that this thread is ending on a positive note. I pray that those who think they know, make sure that they do before anymore deragatory rumors are passed around. I've said countless times, my phone is on and my door is open.

Respectfully, Gamebred Jiu-Jitsu recently dethrowned Marcelo Alonso for the title of "Best in the NW" last Saturday night. We are proud and honored to be the only Marcello Monteiro BJJ Association in Washington State. We are not an "online academy". We're the real thing and so is our BJJ. It cannot be confused with Professor Monteiro's DVD collections that he sells in his shop or website. Professor Monteiro travels to his academies and will be visiting us next in October.

Michael Proctor
    Trust me, I understand. I myself just took some backlash for my involvement in this thread. Hell, I take backlash for being on this website in general. It sucks, but I believe in its purpose even if others do not.

I know what it is like leaving James Foster's school. I enjoyed it quite a bit. A personal tragedy occurred in my which pretty much took my will to train away from me. It was because of the training that I received there that it get me back on the horse and I was able to find the places(s) [that's if I'm still welcomed at one particular place after this thread...:(...] that I train at currently.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 7:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, i'm glad this thread didn't go morton style on us.

i'll be very happy to see the last bits tie up and bullshido can be happy that we exposed a good guy for a change!
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry guys, Coach Foster cleared up some things I got wrong, but the issue of going from a two-stripe blue belt to a three-stripe purple in 10 months through online training still remains. I don't doubt Micheal's hardwork or commitment to BJJ, but I'm naturally skeptical about such fantastic results.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    please correct me if i'm wrong. but aren't BJJ stripes pretty arbitrary?

i have seen people get a stripe for working extra hard for a month and breaking a plateu. i have also seen people get a stripe or two for winning a tourny.

so, is it possible to complete a blue belt curriculum and move into purple and then get some attaboys on your belt if the stripes mean something different to that instructor?
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast