Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think the testing is at issue here, guys. Isn't it the timeline, and the lack of associated steamrolling at competitions?
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    By the way... this site sucks LOL

I've never imagined that so many people think they know it all in this community. For being a bunch of BJJ/MMA guys you sure hide behind a keyboard and make ill attempts to gang up on a purple belt that you don't even know. Isn't there a black belt out there that you can harass? Take care guys!
    Micheal, please don't storm off like this. It doesn't help. It's characteristic of so many bullshit artists and I don't want to believe that that's what you are.

Please just tell us more about the grading standards. The whole concept of online training, with perodic testing is so new, that many people feel uncomfortable and confused by it. Please try and educate us.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:59pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    My purple belt test involved live sparring with white belts, then blue belts, then purple belts. After which I had to face another team of guys from a different school that were at the testing.

I am not leaving questions unanswered, I am simply saying to ask me personally. Not on Bullshido. Bullshido is for those that are fake. I am not fake. Take care!
    Just read this after I made my last post. Sounds like a tough test. What were some of the techniques that you had to pull off? And out of curiosity, what was the other school the other were from?

Also, I noticed that Marcello is coming for a seminar in October. Will you be testing for your brown belt at that time?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:10pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait. I'm getting confused (not hard to do). I thought you got your purple belt from Coach K while you were affiliated with Team Psycho. It's sounding now like you got your purple belt from your current instructor.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The final word.

Hello to all,

I've been fortunate in over 21 years of Martial Arts training and nearly 14 years in BJJ to avoid politics like this. Since this has become public and there are several factual issues as far as what I "said", I believe that I need to post to clear things up. Also, I want to make sure that everyone knows I did not have any prior knowledge that one of my students was going to be making this post, nor did I provide any encouragement to do so.

Unfortunately I'm not able to control people's thoughts or feelings regarding issues like this (I think that ability comes after you receive your 5th stripe on your Black Belt). I have however told my students to stop the gossip and rumors on the few rare occasions I've heard whisperings regarding this subject. I'm going to go paragraph by paragraph on the initial post by my student and correct what's factually wrong. After that, I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions in a followup post.

"From what I understand, the level of BJJ at Team Psycho wasn't very high. I was told that one of our two-stripe white belts went up there and trashed everyone, after which they offered to promote him to blue belt for $75."

^ That's a rumor and not something that can be substantiated.

"So now, the people at Foster's (which I am not including myself in for the purposes of this thread) are accusing him of buying a belt from a new instructor and opening a school under him."

^ This didn't come out of my mouth and I don't know who these "people" are.

"After forming his own school, and taking the former students of Team Psycho with him, he emailed students at Foster's, maligning Foster and telling them to join his gym. The students then forwarded the emails to Foster, who wrote to Micheal about it. Micheal appologized, saying that Monteiro was filling his head with all kinds of bullshit. Micheal has continued this practice by maligning the other MMA school in Tacoma, T-Town MMA."

^ This is true. I have one of the emails and I forwarded it on to Mikey when all of this first came to light. He later apologized for how he handled things and I accepted his apology. However, it was not Monteiro that he was referring to in the email, it was Coach K. As for his relationship with T-Town MMA I don't know the current status.

"I realize these aren't exactly war crimes, but if this is true, it also suggest that the Monteiro is selling belts to set a network of BJJ McDojos across the country and maybe he should have his own thread. But first things first."

^ There is nothing factual to base this accusation off of. I had honestly never heard of Menteiro prior to Mikey becoming affiliated with him, and I haven't spoken a single negative word about him.

I hope that this can be the final word on this topic. I had honestly considered the whole situation "water under the bridge" until waking up to a message from Mikey this morning letting me know about the post. If you have any further questions for myself I encourage you to call 253-208-3270 or email coach@fbjjonline.com anytime.

Sincerely,
    Coach Foster

www.fosterbjj.com
    www.fbjjkids.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    Just read this after I made my last post. Sounds like a tough test. What were some of the techniques that you had to pull off? And out of curiosity, what was the other school the other were from?

Also, I noticed that Marcello is coming for a seminar in October. Will you be testing for your brown belt at that time?
    I am not storming off. I am just not interested in speaking to people I don't know about my purple belt as if I need to prove that I have it. I did that in January. Since then I have opened my own academy and been very successful in doing so. I don't lie to my students and I don't try to be something I am not.
    Once I get to my certificates I will scan them and put them up the our website. It is something that I have been thinking about doing for a while now. Until then, my students and anyone else that walks into my academy can see them.
    As much as I enjoy rolling with upper belts I will not be testing for a brown belt unless the Professor wants me to. I don't feel ready for that, and as a matter of fact I know I'm not ready for that. I hope to impress him at the level that I currently am. I am a new three stripe purple, I probably still have a year or more as a purple belt with Professor Monteiro.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Coach Foster, for clearing things and I'm sorry for misquoting you and posting rumors. I can say that Coach Foster does not promote these rumors. My appolgies to Micheal Proctor and Coach Foster for not getting my facts straight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Foster View Post
    Hello to all,

I've been fortunate in over 21 years of Martial Arts training and nearly 14 years in BJJ to avoid politics like this. Since this has become public and there are several factual issues as far as what I "said", I believe that I need to post to clear things up. Also, I want to make sure that everyone knows I did not have any prior knowledge that one of my students was going to be making this post, nor did I provide any encouragement to do so.

Unfortunately I'm not able to control people's thoughts or feelings regarding issues like this (I think that ability comes after you receive your 5th stripe on your Black Belt). I have however told my students to stop the gossip and rumors on the few rare occasions I've heard whisperings regarding this subject. I'm going to go paragraph by paragraph on the initial post by my student and correct what's factually wrong. After that, I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions in a followup post.

"From what I understand, the level of BJJ at Team Psycho wasn't very high. I was told that one of our two-stripe white belts went up there and trashed everyone, after which they offered to promote him to blue belt for $75."

^ That's a rumor and not something that can be substantiated.

"So now, the people at Foster's (which I am not including myself in for the purposes of this thread) are accusing him of buying a belt from a new instructor and opening a school under him."

^ This didn't come out of my mouth and I don't know who these "people" are.

"After forming his own school, and taking the former students of Team Psycho with him, he emailed students at Foster's, maligning Foster and telling them to join his gym. The students then forwarded the emails to Foster, who wrote to Micheal about it. Micheal appologized, saying that Monteiro was filling his head with all kinds of bullshit. Micheal has continued this practice by maligning the other MMA school in Tacoma, T-Town MMA."

^ This is true. I have one of the emails and I forwarded it on to Mikey when all of this first came to light. He later apologized for how he handled things and I accepted his apology. However, it was not Monteiro that he was referring to in the email, it was Coach K. As for his relationship with T-Town MMA I don't know the current status.

"I realize these aren't exactly war crimes, but if this is true, it also suggest that the Monteiro is selling belts to set a network of BJJ McDojos across the country and maybe he should have his own thread. But first things first."

^ There is nothing factual to base this accusation off of. I had honestly never heard of Menteiro prior to Mikey becoming affiliated with him, and I haven't spoken a single negative word about him.

I hope that this can be the final word on this topic. I had honestly considered the whole situation "water under the bridge" until waking up to a message from Mikey this morning letting me know about the post. If you have any further questions for myself I encourage you to call 253-208-3270 or email coach@fbjjonline.com anytime.

Sincerely,
    Coach Foster

www.fosterbjj.com
    www.fbjjkids.com
    Thank you sir.

Michael Proctor

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, Coach Foster, for clearing things and I'm sorry for misquoting you and posting rumors. I can say that Coach Foster does not promote these rumors. My appolgies to Micheal Proctor and Coach Foster for not getting my facts straight.

I will edit my OP to include your notations.
    Thank you. If you have any questions please give me a call or shoot me an email. If we were friends before, we are friends now. You're always welcome to stop by.

Michael Proctor

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apology accepted. I'll take care of you next time we roll and let you know what it feels like to be squished by "One massive MAN", lol.

Coach
    Last edited by Coach Foster; 8/11/2009 5:45pm at .
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast