Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:24pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    Yes there is. I am not the only guy in the world that has progressed at my level. In fact, they are everywhere. Just because one guy or group of individuals wants to know something, or think they know something does not give them the right to post a thread about another person on Bullshido. This is a serious thing because Bullshido has ruined people for no good reason other than the pleasure of a few.
    I can sit here all day and respond to everything that is questioned but it will never stop. It is slander. When it goes so far as to accuse an entire association such as ours of "selling" or "buying" ranks it has gone too far.
    Monteiro or his Professors Carlos Gracie and De La Riva would take this very seriously and it would not go well.
    Things that can be questioned in person should not be on Bullshido. There is no "Bullshido" involved.
    You are really digging your own grave here.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:31pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have just noticed that Macello Montiero offers online courses. Is this something you've participated in?YouTube - BJJCOACH.com - Submissions

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post

Again, why not just post the certificates here and be done with it?

…and there is the internet. Welcome to 2009. Why not just answer the questions here and provide the proof?

Great thanks for sharing.

No it’s not, that statement is something many TMA McDojo’s have been hiding behind for many years. Let me ask it to you this way: What was your test to get to purple belt? Please provide as much details as possible.

The only thing damaging on this thread so far is you avoiding questions and hiding behind the fact that this is the internet and not “in person”. Again really, what’s the difference, this is here and now, why are you being so difficult?
    I will answer one of your questions. My purple belt test was a 2 hour seminar/test followed by a gauntlet of nearly 20 guys, some of which should be posting here soon.
    We have a set curriculum for every stripe. The curriculum involves 5 & 6 star techniques put together by Marcello Monteiro himself. They have to be demonstrated not only during testing but during live sparring.
    I am not being difficult. I am wondering who you are and why you care so much about a purple belt, myself particularly. You must be someone that knows me and just doesn't like the facts. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you can't damage what is and I have no need to answer to you. I run an academy that has an open door. Stop attempting to damage something that can't be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    I have just noticed that Macello Montiero offers online courses. Is this something you've participated in?YouTube - BJJCOACH.com - Submissions
    No. Marcello comes to see me. I do have his online curriculum, however; it is only for educational purposes, not for ranking. Knowing the entire curriculum does not get you ranked. It must be demonstrated through testing and live sparring with Marcello himself.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    You are really digging your own grave here.
    LOL ok... have a nice day guys. Come on in and roll!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    This is where we profoundly disagree. People can indeed have flawed criteria for bjj ranks. For example, both the Gracie Academy and 10th planet now will grade people to particular ranks (up to purple) based on video submissions. That is a very, very bad practice and questioning it is in the best interest of the bjj community.
    Completely agreed here, however; we do not do this.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:47pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes there is. I am not the only guy in the world that has progressed at my level. In fact, they are everywhere. Just because one guy or group of individuals wants to know something, or think they know something does not give them the right to post a thread about another person on Bullshido. This is a serious thing because Bullshido has ruined people for no good reason other than the pleasure of a few.
    I can sit here all day and respond to everything that is questioned but it will never stop. It is slander. When it goes so far as to accuse an entire association such as ours of "selling" or "buying" ranks it has gone too far.
    Monteiro or his Professors Carlos Gracie and De La Riva would take this very seriously and it would not go well.
    Things that can be questioned in person should not be on Bullshido. There is no "Bullshido" involved.
    *Yawn*

Are you going to back up these assertions or not? Who has been ruined? Specifics please.

Unless, of course, you are like the other "ruined" instructors who refused to answer and explain a few simple questions.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will answer one of your questions. My purple belt test was a 2 hour seminar/test followed by a gauntlet of nearly 20 guys, some of which should be posting here soon.
    We have a set curriculum for every stripe. The curriculum involves 5 & 6 star techniques put together by Marcello Monteiro himself. They have to be demonstrated not only during testing but during live sparring.
    So, to be clear, the test invloved live sparring against a guantlet of nearly 20 guys (purple belts?) where you have to use techniques learned from the online cirriculum?

I'm not familiar with the cirriculum. Can you give me an example of some 5 and 6 star techniques?

I am not being difficult. I am wondering who you are and why you care so much about a purple belt, myself particularly. You must be someone that knows me and just doesn't like the facts. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you can't damage what is and I have no need to answer to you. I run an academy that has an open door. Stop attempting to damage something that can't be.
    We all apprechiate your cooperation. I know it can be difficult when someone questions what you've worked for, but walking away because of it and leaving questions unanswered will only harm your cause.

This is the mission of bullshido. To question things that seem questionable. No one is trying to damage you because of some personal vendetta.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way... this site sucks LOL

I've never imagined that so many people think they know it all in this community. For being a bunch of BJJ/MMA guys you sure hide behind a keyboard and make ill attempts to gang up on a purple belt that you don't even know. Isn't there a black belt out there that you can harass? Take care guys!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    So, to be clear, the test invloved live sparring against a guantlet of nearly 20 guys (purple belts?) where you have to use techniques learned from the online cirriculum?

I'm not familiar with the cirriculum. Can you give me an example of some 5 and 6 star techniques?

We all apprechiate your cooperation. I know it can be difficult when someone questions what you've worked for, but walking away because of it and leaving questions unanswered will only harm your cause.

This is the mission of bullshido. To question things that seem questionable. No one is trying to damage you because of some personal vendetta.
    My purple belt test involved live sparring with white belts, then blue belts, then purple belts. After which I had to face another team of guys from a different school that were at the testing.

I am not leaving questions unanswered, I am simply saying to ask me personally. Not on Bullshido. Bullshido is for those that are fake. I am not fake. Take care!
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast