218358 Bullies, 6935 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 207
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:25pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    What I don't understand is how anyone can get that good that fast? You went from two-stripe blut belt to three-stripe purple belt in under six months? How is that possible?
    You are incorrect. I left Fosters in late 2008. After I left Fosters I received two more stripes on my blue belt and shortly after received my purple belt. From then it took me 10 months (to this date) to receive three stripes. I tested for everything I have ever received. I do not "buy" my belts and to assume that is pretty sad if you claim to know me. I also do not pay for my stripes. I work for them. I do not know when I'm getting promoted. I'm honored when I do but I never expect it, I just work hard.

    Being a full time instructor and running an academy is not an easy job. Until you walk in those shoes you will never understand what it takes and how fast you learn. Your game changes very quickly and you will either be successful or not, there is no in between. I chose successful and I traveled, trained and worked very hard to get to where I am. It isn't just my job, it's my life.

    I have spoken to many people in the BJJ community about this thread. I've received countless phone calls and emails in support. People that where there when I received my purple belt and people that know me very well. I have also spoken to James Foster. These people should and will be posting on here to help clear things up. Posting a thread like this is very damaging to someone whether its meant to be or not. I have to take time and energy away just to respond to this post when it's a lot more personable to ask me yourself. I do not have anything to prove to anyone. If I'm questioned then there is an open invitation to stop by my academy. I sent out a mass email to the BJJ community to share this thread because I do not wish this kind of trouble or accusations upon anyone and don't want it to happen again. Facts need to be straight before accusations are made and that's why it's more personable to ask someone yourself.
  2. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:35pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ask you again, can you give an exact time line of your promotions (including the names of the promoting teacher and name of the schools) please? And since you brought up your certificates and people have asked for them, those as well?

    Thank you in advance.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

    At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

    Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo
  3. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:39pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Since this is phrased as a question... no. BJJ belts are not just awarded based on how long you've been training. If those guys consistently kicked your ass that means they're better than you and deserve to be ranked higher than you. Did you train as frequently as them? Was your conditioning from outside of training at the same level? Were they maybe just more gifted?

    Time in means crap. There are guys that started close to two years after I did at my school that are brown belts, while I sit here as a pretty shitty purple. That's just the way of the world and at some point you have to suck it up and deal. What you don't do is start your own school and find someone to buy a higher rank from, that's bs and pretty chicken ****.

    Awarding belts based just on time makes the belts worth very little. Belts are based on the sweat you lose training and your skills. Sounds like you did fine on the first but weren't quite there on the second.
    I'm going to leave this one alone with regard to saying that I "buy my rank". I have never paid for a rank in my life. Assuming so is very disrespectful. You sound like a very angry person, kind of like one of the guys who caused me to leave Fosters in the first place. It's sad that the BJJ community has people like this. I wish I never had to leave James Foster, unfortunately it was only a handful of his students that caused me to depart. It seems as though they are taking full advantage of this thread.

    Get your facts straight. There's no need to hide behind a keyboard.
  4. Cowardly Lurker is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Covington, WA
    Posts
    126

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:40pm


     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike, just so it's clear, while there's no doubt you did burn a lot of bridges, no one on here is hostile toward you (that I'm aware of). If anything, I'm sympathetic and hope this clears everything up once and for all.

    That said, there are a lot of questions, and this is your chance to put them all to rest. One way or another, there's going to be a public record of this thread and people who are interested will find it.

    Couple of timeline issues to bring out to keep things in perspective. Josh was mentioned. He's been training a month or so less than I (I started 11/2006), and is about as close to a prodigy as I've ever met. He's just a talented guy, and received his purple belt in just under 3 years. Mike was a 2 stripe white belt when I started. I don't know how long he'd been training before I got there, but I don't think it was more than 6 months. While time flies, I don't think Mike's been training over 4 years and I'd put it closer to 3 1/2. If I'm wrong, Mike, let us know.
  5. datdamnmachine is offline
    datdamnmachine's Avatar

    Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,721

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    First off I must start by saying that I was not suprised to see a forum about me. By saying this I mean, that I know I have a lot of people that do not particularly like me. Some of this due to my poor decisions in friends. I know that the more successful someone becomes due to their hard work and dedication is needless to say hated on by individuals or groups that may not agree with what they think they know.
    Let me get one fact out of the way about a few guys. I respect Josh Calvo. I think he's a great athlete. I also think that Bing is a great BJJ practitioner. Simple fact... I brought Josh Calvo into Fosters for his first time. I had been training with James Foster for a while prior to that. I'm not sure how long but regardless, I brought him. I knew he would be great. Bing... I also trained with James before Bing began. I remember Bing as a white belt. He kicked my ass. Very strong guy. He just got more technical over time and became better and better, however; facts are facts, I was there first. You cannot compare me to them. If you do, then does it not makes sense that I am a purple belt too?
    With all of this being said, if anyone has a question about me, ask. Come in and roll. I welcome anyone. Does a man with something to hide offer that?
    I did not "buy" my belt. That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. If you would like to see my certificates and exactly who signed them, feel free to come see me.
    Regarding Professor Marcello Monteiro. Professor Monteiro is a Carlos Gracie Black Belt. Anyone that thinks his credentials are fake needs to do some research very quickly. You cannot question a man like Monteiro. If you do, you're in the wrong sport. To say that he is selling belts is absurd and very disrespectful.
    Regarding Team Psycho and T-Town MMA. I have nothing to do with them. Yes I have four students of the former Team Psycho in my academy. Four students. They were my friends and we stuck together through something that wasn't our fault. T-Town, I'm amazed at how many things are made up. A few of their students came to my academy and now someone is basically saying that I have some sort of involvement in T-Town MMA?
    About my "poor business practices", I believe was said... the only "poor business practice" I have made are those which involved friendship. Sometimes friendship and business just shouldn't cross paths. Sometimes it does and we learn from it because this kind of stuff takes place.
    To the person that began this thread, I would hope that you are man enough to ask me things yourself before you begin posting a forum about me. It isn't justified. I have not had one member of my former Team Foster EVER ask me anything themselves. I am not alienating myself, I am living my life. I have never stopped training or competing and just because it isn't in your bubble of knowledge gives you no reason to attempt to belittle me or my accomplishments, students or girlfriend.
    I want to end this reply by saying that anyone is welcome to come to Gamebred Jiu-Jitsu and speak with me or even roll. My girlfriend ShawnDee is a two stripe blue belt. She has been training for nearly three years. If you question her, you can roll anytime and judge for yourself.
    For those that know me and are professional enough to ask me personally, I welcome it.

    God Bless

    Michael Proctor
    Hello Michael,

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I'm not sure if you heard of this thread from one of your students (my friend) or someone else. I haven't heard back from him and I hope he didn't feel offended by me writing him regarding this information. Essentially, considering his involvement in the Team Psycho incident I am just looking out for his best interests so it is in no way personal. As I mentioned before in this thread, the gentleman running Team Psycho at the time threw up a lot of BS flags for me. My friend was happy with his training so I dropped it. Then, after being away from Bullshido for quite some time I come back and read a thread about it and realized I seriously dropped the ball. I'm not letting that happen again. Now, on to this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin View Post
    What I don't understand is how anyone can get that good that fast? You went from two-stripe blut belt to three-stripe purple belt in under six months? How is that possible?
    This is a VERY serious accusation and I believe, Mr. Proctor, should be addressed first and foremost with the utmost honestly. This would be what we would call a "red flag" situation. Anyone who does BJJ, unless your name is BJ Penn (or even Demian Maia), would consider that "highly" suspect IF it is true. As such, it would be best to clear that air immediately.

    Just so there is some mutual disclosure I will provide some.

    I am currently a 2 stripe Purple belt under JT Taylor of Gracie Barra Bellingham. I've been training BJJ with JT since January 2006 (3.5+ years). I originally started training BJJ in 2004 with James Foster when he was a Purple belt and teaching under Lotus Club. This was from March 2004 until June 2004. I was at the seminar with Juliano Prado when James received his Brown belt. I actually may somewhat know you or some of the other guys here.
  6. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:58pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    I ask you again, can you give an exact time line of your promotions (including the names of the promoting teacher and name of the schools) please? And since you brought up your certificates and people have asked for them, those as well?

    Thank you in advance.
    I'm not playing defense on this thread anymore. There's an open invitation to talk to me in person and/or stop by my academy. I'm a purple belt. I've worked hard for many years now. I train and rank under Marcello Monteiro. I do not buy my ranks. I test for them in person. That's how it works. I will be seeing Professor Monteiro when he comes up in October. If you require details to ease your mind come on in. You can take photos see certificates all day long if it makes you feel better.

    It's truly amazing how many people get questioned all of the time because an individual or a group does know enough of something so they take it upon themselves to create problems. I recently saw a thread on Black Belt Kevin Smith about his legitimacy. It shocked me to see something about a man of so much accomplishment but for some reason didn't suprise me. I'm a successful purple belt, it's not a crime and doesn't need to be defended.

    Come on in!
  7. 1point2 is offline
    1point2's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,099

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:01pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You said you haven't competed as a purple belt. What does "I'm a successful purple belt" mean in this case?

    It's a serious question. Mostly it's spurred by the fact that your decision "not to play defense" is a red flag for pretty much anyone. People have been very polite and are asking totally reasonable questions.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
  8. some guy is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:08pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard about this thread, and thought I would check it out.
    I don't think I can help that much with the time-line issue because I haven't know Michael long enough to comment there.

    While trying remain as anonymous as possible I will say that I am a 2 stripe white belt who trains at a club in the area that is not Foster's or Gamebred's, but have had the opportunity to roll at few other clubs, Gamebred being one of them.

    All I can speak to is Gamebred's level of BJJ in comparison to my home club and other clubs that I have been to, and I must say their Jiu-Jitsu is good, easily on par with any other club I have been too. Every club has thier pros and cons, and so does Gamebred, but thier bjj is good overall. No gi seems o be a big strength of theirs, but that makes since they are very active in MMA, and a lot of thier guys fight and do well ( which is the main reason why I started cross training there from time to time to begin with).
    I'm not the best whitey on the block but I'm decent and train at a good club, and thier white belts can hang with me just fine, and seem to have solid fundamentals. Mikey looks like a solid purple to me. He rolled me up with ease, and is half my size, and I also learned a couple new escapes from him that I have not seen anywhere else (not that I've seen it all to begin with yet, I am a noob).

    Although it may not count for much, in my opinion Gamebred is legit, they have a good attitude, are very open, and seem to be a solid club.
  9. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:21pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    Hello Michael,

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I'm not sure if you heard of this thread from one of your students (my friend) or someone else. I haven't heard back from him and I hope he didn't feel offended by me writing him regarding this information. Essentially, considering his involvement in the Team Psycho incident I am just looking out for his best interests so it is in no way personal. As I mentioned before in this thread, the gentleman running Team Psycho at the time threw up a lot of BS flags for me. My friend was happy with his training so I dropped it. Then, after being away from Bullshido for quite some time I come back and read a thread about it and realized I seriously dropped the ball. I'm not letting that happen again. Now, on to this...



    This is a VERY serious accusation and I believe, Mr. Proctor, should be addressed first and foremost with the utmost honestly. This would be what we would call a "red flag" situation. Anyone who does BJJ, unless your name is BJ Penn (or even Demian Maia), would consider that "highly" suspect IF it is true. As such, it would be best to clear that air immediately.

    Just so there is some mutual disclosure I will provide some.

    I am currently a 2 stripe Purple belt under JT Taylor of Gracie Barra Bellingham. I've been training BJJ with JT since January 2006 (3.5+ years). I originally started training BJJ in 2004 with James Foster when he was a Purple belt and teaching under Lotus Club. This was from March 2004 until June 2004. I was at the seminar with Juliano Prado when James received his Brown belt. I actually may somewhat know you or some of the other guys here.
    Thank you for respectfully addressing me. "Under six months" is incorrect. Without having specific dates on hand I can tell you that I trained under James Foster up to my two stripe blue belt. I began training at other schools around August 2008. I left Fosters in October 2008. At this time I was also an assistant instructor and I shared basic BJJ with other schools. I received two more stripes on my blue belt the week I left Fosters. I received my Purple belt in January of 2009. It's been 10 months since I received my purple belt and I am now a three stripe purple under Marcello Montiero.
  10. 1point2 is offline
    1point2's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,099

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:23pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been 10 months since January 2009?
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.