222495 Bullies, 4121 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 207
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 2:55am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Clearing things up...

    First off I must start by saying that I was not suprised to see a forum about me. By saying this I mean, that I know I have a lot of people that do not particularly like me. Some of this due to my poor decisions in friends. I know that the more successful someone becomes due to their hard work and dedication is needless to say hated on by individuals or groups that may not agree with what they think they know.
    Let me get one fact out of the way about a few guys. I respect Josh Calvo. I think he's a great athlete. I also think that Bing is a great BJJ practitioner. Simple fact... I brought Josh Calvo into Fosters for his first time. I had been training with James Foster for a while prior to that. I'm not sure how long but regardless, I brought him. I knew he would be great. Bing... I also trained with James before Bing began. I remember Bing as a white belt. He kicked my ass. Very strong guy. He just got more technical over time and became better and better, however; facts are facts, I was there first. You cannot compare me to them. If you do, then does it not makes sense that I am a purple belt too?
    With all of this being said, if anyone has a question about me, ask. Come in and roll. I welcome anyone. Does a man with something to hide offer that?
    I did not "buy" my belt. That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. If you would like to see my certificates and exactly who signed them, feel free to come see me.
    Regarding Professor Marcello Monteiro. Professor Monteiro is a Carlos Gracie Black Belt. Anyone that thinks his credentials are fake needs to do some research very quickly. You cannot question a man like Monteiro. If you do, you're in the wrong sport. To say that he is selling belts is absurd and very disrespectful.
    Regarding Team Psycho and T-Town MMA. I have nothing to do with them. Yes I have four students of the former Team Psycho in my academy. Four students. They were my friends and we stuck together through something that wasn't our fault. T-Town, I'm amazed at how many things are made up. A few of their students came to my academy and now someone is basically saying that I have some sort of involvement in T-Town MMA?
    About my "poor business practices", I believe was said... the only "poor business practice" I have made are those which involved friendship. Sometimes friendship and business just shouldn't cross paths. Sometimes it does and we learn from it because this kind of stuff takes place.
    To the person that began this thread, I would hope that you are man enough to ask me things yourself before you begin posting a forum about me. It isn't justified. I have not had one member of my former Team Foster EVER ask me anything themselves. I am not alienating myself, I am living my life. I have never stopped training or competing and just because it isn't in your bubble of knowledge gives you no reason to attempt to belittle me or my accomplishments, students or girlfriend.
    I want to end this reply by saying that anyone is welcome to come to Gamebred Jiu-Jitsu and speak with me or even roll. My girlfriend ShawnDee is a two stripe blue belt. She has been training for nearly three years. If you question her, you can roll anytime and judge for yourself.
    For those that know me and are professional enough to ask me personally, I welcome it.

    God Bless

    Michael Proctor
    Last edited by MProctor; 8/11/2009 3:36am at .
  2. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:23am

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of interest, do you think you were a purple belt before, who was held back or did you train up to the level you are now (purple 3rd degree) in the time frame mentioned? Did you compete recently in your "new" belt division? If so, how did you do?
    Also how many MMA fights did you have, when and under which promotion?

    Thank you for the info, have a nice day.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

    At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

    Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo
  3. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 5:06am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
    Just out of interest, do you think you were a purple belt before, who was held back or did you train up to the level you are now (purple 3rd degree) in the time frame mentioned? Did you compete recently in your "new" belt division? If so, how did you do?
    Also how many MMA fights did you have, when and under which promotion?

    Thank you for the info, have a nice day.
    No problem.

    I never thought I was held back per say, but I didn't agree with a no test system. I believe that every Instructor has their own curriculum, however; I also believe that an individual can progress properly with a testing system. In my opinion, if there is no testing system then the instructor is making decisions based on the wrong things. I prefer to test for my stripes instead of a random promotion anywhere from every month to every 6 months with no test. It's a matter of preference, not a matter of "being held back". There's a huge difference.

    One of my best friends, whom I trained with for many years now is a black belt in Judo for the last 16+ years. The guy is at the very least a brown belt in BJJ. He has had a blue belt for over 3-4 years, not one stripe. Why? Because of a no testing system.

    I believe I was a purple belt the day I received it and not one day before. I earn things. I offer an open invitation to anyone to come roll.

    I have not competed at a purple belt level besides my MMA fight. I have been instructing since I was a two stripe blue belt. My last BJJ tournament was as a blue belt. I was planning to compete at Pan Ams or one of the bigger tournaments in the near future. Besides that I am instructing 6 days per week and training 4-6 hours per day.

    I just recently fought my 1st MMA fight and won by Tapout via Omoplata. It was a great fight and my opponent is a great guy.

    I don't think people understand what is going on. This is a sad attempt to damage me and my academy by a group of individuals.
    Last edited by MProctor; 8/11/2009 5:37am at .
  4. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 8:44am

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First of all, congratulations on winning your fight.

    Could you give us a "time line" of your bjj training, so people could see your side of the story? Something like:

    2005 started BJJ at school X / with teacher X
    2005-may got first stripe (teacher x)
    2005-dec first tournament, ranked 3rd, got 2 stripes by teacher X
    2006-may got blue belt by teacher X
    2007 started teaching
    2007/may got 2nd stripe on my blue by teacher Y for ranking 2nd in tournament z
    2008 got my purple
    etc.

    You get the idea.

    This way you could tell your point of view and others could get an unbiased overview...

    Thank you.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

    At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

    Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo
  5. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:21am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    I respect Josh Calvo. I think he's a great athlete. I also think that Bing is a great BJJ practitioner. Simple fact... I brought Josh Calvo into Fosters for his first time. I had been training with James Foster for a while prior to that. I'm not sure how long but regardless, I brought him. I knew he would be great. Bing... I also trained with James before Bing began. I remember Bing as a white belt. He kicked my ass. Very strong guy. He just got more technical over time and became better and better, however; facts are facts, I was there first. You cannot compare me to them. If you do, then does it not makes sense that I am a purple belt too?
    Since this is phrased as a question... no. BJJ belts are not just awarded based on how long you've been training. If those guys consistently kicked your ass that means they're better than you and deserve to be ranked higher than you. Did you train as frequently as them? Was your conditioning from outside of training at the same level? Were they maybe just more gifted?

    Time in means crap. There are guys that started close to two years after I did at my school that are brown belts, while I sit here as a pretty shitty purple. That's just the way of the world and at some point you have to suck it up and deal. What you don't do is start your own school and find someone to buy a higher rank from, that's bs and pretty chicken ****.

    Awarding belts based just on time makes the belts worth very little. Belts are based on the sweat you lose training and your skills. Sounds like you did fine on the first but weren't quite there on the second.
    Last edited by UpaLumpa; 8/11/2009 9:32am at .
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,805

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:38am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    First off I must start by saying that I was not suprised to see a forum about me. By saying this I mean, that I know I have a lot of people that do not particularly like me. Some of this due to my poor decisions in friends. I know that the more successful someone becomes due to their hard work and dedication is needless to say hated on by individuals or groups that may not agree with what they think they know.
    Let me get one fact out of the way about a few guys. I respect Josh Calvo. I think he's a great athlete. I also think that Bing is a great BJJ practitioner. Simple fact... I brought Josh Calvo into Fosters for his first time. I had been training with James Foster for a while prior to that. I'm not sure how long but regardless, I brought him. I knew he would be great. Bing... I also trained with James before Bing began. I remember Bing as a white belt. He kicked my ass. Very strong guy. He just got more technical over time and became better and better, however; facts are facts, I was there first. You cannot compare me to them. If you do, then does it not makes sense that I am a purple belt too?
    With all of this being said, if anyone has a question about me, ask. Come in and roll. I welcome anyone. Does a man with something to hide offer that?
    I did not "buy" my belt. That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. If you would like to see my certificates and exactly who signed them, feel free to come see me.
    Regarding Professor Marcello Monteiro. Professor Monteiro is a Carlos Gracie Black Belt. Anyone that thinks his credentials are fake needs to do some research very quickly. You cannot question a man like Monteiro. If you do, you're in the wrong sport. To say that he is selling belts is absurd and very disrespectful.
    Regarding Team Psycho and T-Town MMA. I have nothing to do with them. Yes I have four students of the former Team Psycho in my academy. Four students. They were my friends and we stuck together through something that wasn't our fault. T-Town, I'm amazed at how many things are made up. A few of their students came to my academy and now someone is basically saying that I have some sort of involvement in T-Town MMA?
    About my "poor business practices", I believe was said... the only "poor business practice" I have made are those which involved friendship. Sometimes friendship and business just shouldn't cross paths. Sometimes it does and we learn from it because this kind of stuff takes place.
    To the person that began this thread, I would hope that you are man enough to ask me things yourself before you begin posting a forum about me. It isn't justified. I have not had one member of my former Team Foster EVER ask me anything themselves. I am not alienating myself, I am living my life. I have never stopped training or competing and just because it isn't in your bubble of knowledge gives you no reason to attempt to belittle me or my accomplishments, students or girlfriend.
    I want to end this reply by saying that anyone is welcome to come to Gamebred Jiu-Jitsu and speak with me or even roll. My girlfriend ShawnDee is a two stripe blue belt. She has been training for nearly three years. If you question her, you can roll anytime and judge for yourself.
    For those that know me and are professional enough to ask me personally, I welcome it.

    God Bless

    Michael Proctor
    Hello and thanks for answering questions. Please, please please stick to the questions asked.

    This is to help you, not a warning or any type of threat. When people, under scrutiny, start to meander problems arise and threads tend to get ugly.

    I'm just trying to give you a heads up because:

    With all of this being said, if anyone has a question about me, ask. Come in and roll. I welcome anyone. Does a man with something to hide offer that?
    Yes, we have three current threads were this has happened. We have many older ones where this has happened and led to ugly exchanges. Weirdly they are mainly MMA and BJJ threads like this one.

    I understand that you are mad. No one likes to be under scrutiny. Just answer the questions and try to keep your cool.

    It is a [pedant]Thread[/pedant] on a forum.
  7. omoplatypus is offline
    omoplatypus's Avatar

    Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,331

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:21am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    if anyone has a question about me, ask. Come in and roll. I welcome anyone. Does a man with something to hide offer that?
    it's a good gesture, but fakers make it also.
    I did not "buy" my belt. That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. If you would like to see my certificates and exactly who signed them, feel free to come see me.
    post them online. that can go a long way in helping you out.
    Regarding Professor Marcello Monteiro. Professor Monteiro is a Carlos Gracie Black Belt. Anyone that thinks his credentials are fake needs to do some research very quickly. You cannot question a man like Monteiro. If you do, you're in the wrong sport. To say that he is selling belts is absurd and very disrespectful.
    nobody is above being questioned if suspicious circumstances arise.

    also, mazel tov on winning your fight. hard work pays off.
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
  8. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:41am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MPorter,
    Would you dispute this general timeline:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowardly Lurker View Post
    I suck with dates, but I think he left February 2009 as a 2 stripe blue belt and by June was a 3 stripe purple.
  9. Kentucky Fried Chokin is offline
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar

    Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 11:45am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the person that began this thread, I would hope that you are man enough to ask me things yourself before you begin posting a forum about me. It isn't justified.
    I thought about that, and asked Phrost about it too, but it was decided to just lay everything out and have you come and answer the questions where everyone else can participate too. Here, there is a record of everything.
  10. Kentucky Fried Chokin is offline
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar

    Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450

    Posted On:
    8/11/2009 11:55am

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I don't understand is how anyone can get that good that fast? You went from two-stripe blut belt to three-stripe purple belt in under six months? How is that possible?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.