Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    3/18/2012 10:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Navita View Post
    Name of michaels school has changed again it is now Brazilian jiu jitsu academy of tacoma. In a year the name has been changed twice. It was gambred the fife Brazilian jiu jitsu now Brazilian jiu jitsu academy of tacoma. I have also heard some of his blue belts have changed schools to lotus club (very good school further north)
    Well Ms Carlucci, the reason my school has changed names is because I moved from Fife, WA to Tacoma, WA. My first team was Gamebred, however; that was my very first team, and it was a "Fight Team", not a BJJ Academy. I'm glad that you felt the need to continue posting on this thread just to spite me.
    As far as a couple Blue Belts moving academies, yes this is true. It happens everywhere, and my academy is no exception. People come and people go, it's the world we live in. The two Blue Belts that relocated to Lotus Club were former friends of mine that left for reasons that are frankly none of your business, nor mine to share publicly. That is between myself and the students. Ultimately anyone can assume or say anything as this entire website has proven since it began. It's people like you that love to get on and stick your nose into things that don't even concern you. You left my academy when it was in Fife. I didn't get on here and tell everyone how many people you slept with, or how many people are glad you left. Grow up Ms Carlucci. You make yourself look bad.

Michael Proctor

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First Class1 year registered10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    3/26/2012 1:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    Well Ms Carlucci, the reason my school has changed names is because I moved from Fife, WA to Tacoma, WA. My first team was Gamebred, however; that was my very first team, and it was a "Fight Team", not a BJJ Academy. I'm glad that you felt the need to continue posting on this thread just to spite me.
    As far as a couple Blue Belts moving academies, yes this is true. It happens everywhere, and my academy is no exception. People come and people go, it's the world we live in. The two Blue Belts that relocated to Lotus Club were former friends of mine that left for reasons that are frankly none of your business, nor mine to share publicly. That is between myself and the students. Ultimately anyone can assume or say anything as this entire website has proven since it began. It's people like you that love to get on and stick your nose into things that don't even concern you. You left my academy when it was in Fife. I didn't get on here and tell everyone how many people you slept with, or how many people are glad you left. Grow up Ms Carlucci. You make yourself look bad.

Michael Proctor
    Wow, that's kind of douchebaggy of you... Navita was one of the people supporting you throughout the thread. One of the people that provided proof of your Brown Belt. I dunno why you suddenly got the urge to **** talk her for providing people with up to date information.

Featherweight

Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to beat a dead horse or anything...

Let me start by saying that I don't know Mikey. I have no connection to him, business or otherwise. I have coached against him several times, and my guys have fought his guys several times at local BJJ tournaments. I've never rolled with him, nor do I have any opinion on his skill level. The school I'm associated with is located at least 50 miles from his, so this isn't a business grab.

That said, he posted a photo as his Facebook picture that is highly suspect. It is below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	proctor.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	13662

In the photo, you can see Mikey (in the center) wearing medals I believe he didn't earn. He didn't compete at the Seattle UGF event. I know he was there, as I coached against him in a blue belt match. I competed in the Masters brown belt gi, as well as in advanced no gi. I had one match in the gi, against a guy from Spokane. There was one other brown belt there, who was supposed to have a match in the Adult division, but due to a scheduling conflict, his opponent didn't show up. The point is, you could literally count the brown belts on one hand. Mikey was not registered, nor did he compete. He did have a guy place third at said tournament, and I believe that's what the bronze medal is. As for the gold, the UGF sent out promotional medals from a tournament in Utah that I don't believe ever happened. I would bet that the gold medal in the photo is that one. You'll notice that the guy on the left is wearing a gold medal with a picture of Washington State on it. The backs are identical. I believe that's why he's wearing it backwards.

I took the liberty of looking at all the events that the UGF has listed results for on their website, and Mikey is not listed anywhere.
    You can verify this yourself by going to www.unitedgrapplingfederation.com and looking at their results page.
    Their link for Washington is broken, so I have listed it below.

http://www.strongvon.com/Washingtons...ryWinners.html

The reason I'm doing this is because I feel that wearing medals you didn't earn shits on the hard work that people who actually bust their asses to earn them do. I'm no world beater, myself. I started BJJ at 30, and I've been slogging away at it for the last 7 years. I've won a bunch, I've lost a bunch. I know what it's like to lose bad, and question everything you're doing. I was kind of scared to compete for about a year at one point. It took a while, but I realized that it really doesn't matter if you win every time out. Your team and your students just want to know that you understand what they are going through. One thing I never did was put on a bunch of medals I didn't earn.

So, Mikey, what's the story? Am I right?

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 2:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is a photo of myself and two of my athletes taken off of our personal pages. The UGF medals are my students medals that they asked me to put on to represent the guys that weren't there. Anything you guys can come up with to try and defame someone's name you will. Good job guys!

-Michael Proctor

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am kind of a big guy, but there's only one of me. No need for "You guys", okay?:)

Thanks for clearing that up so quickly. I'm glad you weren't actually trying to represent that those were, y'know, YOUR medals or anything. You gotta admit, that's a little irregular, but like I said, it's not my show down there.

Have a great day,

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You guys" was not personal, it was referring to the entire thread as a whole. When you post personal photos of other people before asking them personally or knowing the story, that's the problem with threads like this. This is not the platform to use. There's no better platform than face to face.

Michael Proctor

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, it's your Facebook profile photo, which is public. It is a bit disingenuous to complain about someone posting THAT somewhere else, amirite?

Since we are still talking about this, why did you flip the medal around for the picture?

Titanium laced beauty

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:49pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    That is a photo of myself and two of my athletes taken off of our personal pages. The UGF medals are my students medals that they asked me to put on to represent the guys that weren't there. Anything you guys can come up with to try and defame someone's name you will. Good job guys!

-Michael Proctor
    Wearing medals around your neck that you did not win yourself is disingenuous at best.

You should know things like this if you're the leader of your club/dojo.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 3:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not still talking about this, but the medal is flipped around so you can read where it's from. If you're assuming that I intentionally flipped a medal around for ill purposes you're wrong, and I don't appreciate someone of your stature questioning my intentions on a team photo. You're basically telling me that you're questioning the integrity of my team. If you don't know me, why would you post crap like this on here? To point out how much of a liar or bad person I am? What's your goal? Are you trying to disprove someone you know nothing about? Are you saying that my team is so ignorant to believe the few UGF medals around my neck are mine even though they were there winning them? What is your purpose?

Featherweight

Achievements:

Posted On:
    9/04/2012 4:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a picture.

I thought it seemed off.

I asked.

You explained.

If your explanation is accurate, then that's the end of it, right?

You're not a victim here. Quit trying to act like one. I have no idea what your team thinks of this, and really, I don't care. I'm glad you think I'm a person of stature. I'm just a guy, same as you. However, all of that is irrelevant. You did something shady, and got called out for it. There are 18 pages before this of you doing stuff that a lot of other people seem to find sketchy, so I'm not sure why this is a giant surprise.