226159 Bullies, 3767 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 161 to 170 of 207
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71314151617 18192021 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    2/22/2011 8:27pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair to him, he is correct, a lot of that info appears to be contained in their facebook page. The Events page lists local events, their photos section has photos of their guys from various comps, etc... Seems like he's just using Facebook as his primary platform, so a lot of the stuff isn't on the website.
    That doesn't include his personal competition record, obviously.
  2. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 12:40am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stretching things, no. You're asking for my competition record. This is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I train and teach for the art, not the record. I don't know anyone that keeps track of every single grappling match throughout their career. I've grappled up to 7 or 8 people in one tournament before. As a competitor, I don't care how many matches I've had. As an instructor I never base someones competition record on their progression in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu because not everyone wants to compete. I stopped keeping track of my competition record as a White Belt.

    Here's my Brown Belt Certificate that I promised to post:
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,995

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 3:04am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll monitor to watch for trolls, but I do see how your doubletalk lead to someone starting this thread.
  4. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 3:30am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I'll monitor to watch for trolls, but I do see how your doubletalk lead to someone starting this thread.
    First off, thank you.

    There's a big difference between doubletalk and not answering questions. I don't have a responsibility to anyone on this forum to even respond at all. This thread doesn't have the power to damage me even if I don't respond. If I beat around the bush sometimes it's because I don't respond well to people I don't know that are sticking their nose in my business. The fact of the matter is, former team mates started this thread in 2008 I believe. That's about three years ago now. I've recieved my Brown Belt since then and I have a very successful academy. My former team mates have moved on, and now this thread is being ran by former students and people that don't even know me. Proof is where it's at, move on. I won't play into it.
  5. creativo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    382

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 3:47am


     Style: Judofitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread has proved that you indeed hold a brown belt, despite the initial claims; and there are people who don't know you because it's the internet, it's quite normal. It's not being "ran".

    Facebook or not, anybody who searches your name in the future will see this thread (right now it's the first hit for "michael proctor bjj" on google) and will draw his own conclusions, whether you "play into it" or not.
    If you go all "I don't need your stupid thread" you'll have much more in common with a lot of fakes that we've seen around here, than with honest instructors.

    There's a bit of an obsession with comp records, because there have been so many fakes whose lack of skills was so well disguised by their self-hype, that the only proof-able way to expose them was thru paperwork, or lack thereof. There have been people sending in photoshopped (fake) belt certificates and such.

    Be sure that nobody will be allowed to smear your name or your academy just by talking ****, without providing proof. Please respect the methods and commitments of this forum and you'll only get benefits.
  6. MProctor is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 4:20am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by creativo View Post
    This thread has proved that you indeed hold a brown belt, despite the initial claims; and there are people who don't know you because it's the internet, it's quite normal. It's not being "ran".

    Facebook or not, anybody who searches your name in the future will see this thread (right now it's the first hit for "michael proctor bjj" on google) and will draw his own conclusions, whether you "play into it" or not.
    If you go all "I don't need your stupid thread" you'll have much more in common with a lot of fakes that we've seen around here, than with honest instructors.

    There's a bit of an obsession with comp records, because there have been so many fakes whose lack of skills was so well disguised by their self-hype, that the only proof-able way to expose them was thru paperwork, or lack thereof. There have been people sending in photoshopped (fake) belt certificates and such.

    Be sure that nobody will be allowed to smear your name or your academy just by talking ****, without providing proof. Please respect the methods and commitments of this forum and you'll only get benefits.
    I can respect this and that's why I've responded to this thread for the last three years, but it gets very old after so long. There's plenty of people on this thread telling everyone that they know me and have trained with me or witnessed me, yet it continues. I won't spend the rest of my career responding to the same type of bs all the time. I could care less about popping up in Google. It brings me attention and my success speaks for itself. This thread is truly a joke at this point.
  7. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 8:31am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy has a point if it is proven that he is not full of **** and on the up and up there should be a summation and the thread locked
  8. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 8:54am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As IIF Reminded me, we pretty much never lock threads. Even Omega's old investigation thread is still open.
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,995

    Posted On:
    2/23/2011 11:35am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    First off, thank you.

    There's a big difference between doubletalk and not answering questions. I don't have a responsibility to anyone on this forum to even respond at all. This thread doesn't have the power to damage me even if I don't respond. If I beat around the bush sometimes it's because I don't respond well to people I don't know that are sticking their nose in my business. The fact of the matter is, former team mates started this thread in 2008 I believe. That's about three years ago now. I've recieved my Brown Belt since then and I have a very successful academy. My former team mates have moved on, and now this thread is being ran by former students and people that don't even know me. Proof is where it's at, move on. I won't play into it.
    No one said you have a responsibility, no one said you had to have videos for EVERY match, no one said you have to answer all questions, and no one said you have to name every competition. "All" and "every" are words you added to the questions so, you could conveniently ignore the legitimate questions that people asked you.

    That is double speak.

    A simple response is I have been competing for a decade a remember some events not all. I have some videos not all.
    No one cares that OMEGA, who has been competing since the eighties IIRC doesn't have videos for every event. He has enough videos to show he was a professional fighter and that is the end. All he has is a highlight video which includes a couple of losses IIRC. There are people who have NO videos who have been shown to be legit. There are people with less than 5 MMA events that have been proven legit. It isn't about the amount it is about the truth. You look to have a Brown in BJJ and a successful fight team and Kintanon is trying to help clear up the thread to stop the BS trolls. I culled the troll out and renamed his thread so, it has no tie to this one.

    You are so angry you can't tell the difference between help and hindrance.
    While I agree it is dragging on, unless you are talking about other forums this thread started in 2009.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/24/2011 1:49am at .
  10. Navita is offline

    Lightweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    101

    Posted On:
    1/17/2012 3:24am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Name of michaels school has changed again it is now Brazilian jiu jitsu academy of tacoma. In a year the name has been changed twice. It was gambred the fife Brazilian jiu jitsu now Brazilian jiu jitsu academy of tacoma. I have also heard some of his blue belts have changed schools to lotus club (very good school further north)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.