Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 10:01pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reaver86 View Post
    YouTube- Michael Proctor (135 lbs) vs Aaron Macomber (165 lbs) if you all want to see his ability just watch his fight. i think that taking a guy 30 lbs heavier than you is a decent enough achievement. i do not doubt that Michael earned his rank and i do not doubt he is a skilled fighter. Congrats on the win Michael ill be in around July 30th and id like to roll
    my understanding is that they both weighed in at 145 lbs for that fight. This is the first time I've heard otherwise. (there certainly isn't a visible difference in weight, both fighters look lean, and about the same size)
    Also, Aaron Macomber jiu-jitsu skills are severly lacking to non existent, especially back when that fight took place. So yea, I call bullshit on the weight difference and the pulling guard 10 seconds into the fight.

I just wanted to point out his full name appears to be "Perekina Peneueta",

http://www.2008.nbcolympics.com/wres...tes/index.html
    Thank you! So Kina did compete at the 2008 olympics for American Samoa, however he did not medal. The problem is, Perekina Peneuta is not showing up anywhere on the results page which shows the top 20...Are these the full results? 20 competitors in each division?
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...ults?discId=50
    Last edited by NoTeefa; 5/05/2010 10:16pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 12:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re

This thread was brought back to my attention today. I actually appreciate this being brought to my attention. I would never intentionally mislead anyone. It was a webmaster error and has been corrected on our website.

Kina won the Bronze Medal in the 2007 South Pacific Games and the 2008 Oceania Championships which qualified him for the 2008 Bejing Olympics.

As far as myself and Aaron Macomber. Aaron has become a good friend of mine since we fought each other. No, he didn't have much Jiu-Jitsu when we fought but that is no reason to bash anyone. He has been working Jiu-Jitsu since we fought each other. He's currently a White Belt but he's also one of the hardest working guys I know. Aaron will tell you himself that he was 165lbs in that fight. I was 135lbs. Before questioning what you don't know on a thread, ask directly, it works!

I'd like to invite everyone to our seminar on May 14th! Come in, meet Marcello and myself. Roll with Kina. It's a great opportunity for any of the people who question our academy to come see first hand! We'd love to have you!

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 2:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    This thread was brought back to my attention today. I actually appreciate this being brought to my attention. I would never intentionally mislead anyone. It was a webmaster error and has been corrected on our website.

Kina won the Bronze Medal in the 2007 South Pacific Games and the 2008 Oceania Championships which qualified him for the 2008 Bejing Olympics.
    Thank you for by and large maintaining a reasonable tone in this discussion. While many of us were surprised to see the speed of the initially discussed promotion, it is not at all unreasonable that different instructors will have different criteria (e.g. compare Ralph Gracie blue belts to the rest of the world). Thank you also for promptly addressing the medal issue.

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 4:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good video. Welcome to BS MProctor, hope you stick around.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 12:21am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to end the discussion on the video, I contacted Aaron and he said he was over 160.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 11:38am

Style: KK

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lionknight View Post
    The only thing damaging on this thread so far is you avoiding questions and hiding behind the fact that this is the internet and not “in person”. Again really, what’s the difference, this is here and now, why are you being so difficult?

Maybe I've missed something here, but what hasn't been brought up is that this was posted INITIALLY on the "Martial Arts BS" forum by someone who hasn't seen Mr. Proctor in a couple years based on pure speculation without even attempting to get in touch with the man beforehand. Now, the name of his school is sitting right there on a thread title, implying to anyone who doesn't take the time to actually read the thread that the man is running a McDojo. Almost seems like an intentional move by KF Chokin to hurt his business in the Tacoma area....that's how I would perceive it.

Frankly, considering all that, I think he's actually being a hell of a lot more accomodating than I would be in the same situation. When a guy is called out sight unseen in "Martial Arts BS", then the burdon of proof is on the prosecution, IMO. He's probably just resisting on the scanning of his certs to try and maintain some semblance of autonomy from this often unfair forum. If he gives into that, what will you wolves want next time? Plus, certs can be forged anyway, and a person engaging in real Bullshido would probably just do that.

...Just saying.
    Last edited by RWaggs; 6/09/2010 11:43am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2010 1:14pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by reaver86 View Post
    YouTube- Michael Proctor (135 lbs) vs Aaron Macomber (165 lbs) if you all want to see his ability just watch his fight. i think that taking a guy 30 lbs heavier than you is a decent enough achievement. i do not doubt that Michael earned his rank and i do not doubt he is a skilled fighter. Congrats on the win Michael ill be in around July 30th and id like to roll
    Seems like a good, patient and skilled fighter to me. If I were to start taking BJJ lessons, I'd feel comfortable learning under this guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/07/2010 2:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for the kind words. There's no doubt that this thread has and continues to damage my credibility for those that don't read through it. I've also gained students that have read this thread. I find myself explaining it to someone every week. I don't deserve it, but I take the good with the bad because it's the only thing I can do. No one will delete the thread for me and I find that really disturbing because these kind of things can ruin the lives of good people.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/13/2010 3:16pm

Style: musabetsu kakuto & booj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MProctor View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. There's no doubt that this thread has and continues to damage my credibility for those that don't read through it. I've also gained students that have read this thread. I find myself explaining it to someone every week. I don't deserve it, but I take the good with the bad because it's the only thing I can do. No one will delete the thread for me and I find that really disturbing because these kind of things can ruin the lives of good people.
    i just finished reading this thread. at first there were lots of questions that begged to be answered. however, it is fortunate at this time around that you were vindicated at least to some degree. the bjj community should promote commradery and respect but also, to maintain the integrity of the sport itself, question the questionable. great fight mr. proctor, if i'm ever in the area rest assured i'll take you up on the rolling offer!
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast