Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 7:31pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alritey then conflict resolved. First of all Mr. Janik at first you seemed to me to be one of those people who just really hates mma and bashes on it because its not traditional or what have you, but from your last response to our posts I must say you seem to be a very reasonable person who is doing his best to develope a new martial art that works AND YOUR TESTING IT WITH SPARRING. thats a big plus for us :)

I respect that, and I now realise that you can't have perfect methods all at once. I'm sure, and I'm sure you also know that there are probably techniques in your system that look applicable to combat that are actually not that good and will be weeded out eventually through your sparring process. I remember reading on your site that you plan on having a competition soon. I hope you will film it and share the videos with us. Also I realise that mma is not the best combative system, but its the best so far as far as systems that are actually testable against fully resisting opponents. Most BJJ rolling bouts could be ended if someone decides that he hates his partners eyes. We all know that we will fight dirty in actual fights, but we can't practice such tactics simply because we don't want to permanently maim our partners/friends.

So all in all Mr. Janik I apologise for anything offensive I may have said to you. It is a normal response from me when someone invents a new martial art that they say is the "end all". So again I apologise. I wish you the best and hope that at your Wu Wei Do (I still dont like that name :P) competition that some mma fighters show up to spar with your students so they can have that experience as well.

Best of Luck.
    Last edited by Dak; 8/14/2009 7:45pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 7:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see a huge glaring issue here. I don't mind terribly that this guy admitted to being a nobody, that shows some grasp on reality.

As an admitted once a week martial artist, what in the holey heck qualifies this guy to create a martial art style? I've hopped from style to style in all my years in the military, never reaching higher than first dan (though I have two of them for what it's worth). One thing I've NEVER considered is creating my own "do" or "ryu". This guy could have JOE BLOW'S SUNDAY MARTIAL ARTS PATTY CAKE DAY CAMP and I would have zero issue with it. But creating a named fighting style takes friggin balls.

$.02

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 7:55pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is Joe Blow and why is he stealing my idea for a patty cake day camp? I'm getting my lawyer...

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 7:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In hindsight, sitting on your couch and typing about how great your MA skills are, is somewhat in line with the Wu Wei part. At least we have that part of the mystery figured out.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 8:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    I see a huge glaring issue here. I don't mind terribly that this guy admitted to being a nobody, that shows some grasp on reality.

As an admitted once a week martial artist, what in the holey heck qualifies this guy to create a martial art style? I've hopped from style to style in all my years in the military, never reaching higher than first dan (though I have two of them for what it's worth). One thing I've NEVER considered is creating my own "do" or "ryu". This guy could have JOE BLOW'S SUNDAY MARTIAL ARTS PATTY CAKE DAY CAMP and I would have zero issue with it. But creating a named fighting style takes friggin balls.

$.02
    [assumption]
    He could possibly see areas in mma where people could get hurt if they were to be in a real altercation and wants to develope a system that is more directly apllicable to JOE BLOW IS ANGRY AT THE BAR LETS FIGHT. I say more power to him as long as hes testing it as best he can [/assumption]

also Mr. Janik I invite you to join us here, we might be able to help you develeope your system.

btw guys... [tough] I TRAIN WITH JOE BLOW[/tough]

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 8:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha...

Well since it seems he is OK to admit shortcomings, sure we could help him develop style, especially if he attends a throwdown. A high priority for me to be honest, I talk a lot of **** and do look forward to rolling with some of you guys soon, win or lose.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 8:54pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Developing Wu Wei Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so i'm new to Bullshido.net but glad to be here! Like i said i don't have the time to be on and respond all the time so here's my idea thanks to you guys....

I would like your help in developing Wu Wei Do since like i said it will take a lifetime to achieve it. Any techniques you feel are viable for street combat because of success on the street or in sparring let me know about so i can test! Send me your videos, emails etc to wwdmai@yahoo.com or my youtube account so you can be part of this with me. The name may not be great, but the idea is there...so let's roll with it and see where it takes us!

Let's get started...remember email all info to me directly so i don't miss it..add me on myspace at www.myspace.com/warbornstreetteam and i'm sure with your knowledge and my determination we can achieve this...

Also, if i am competing in your area or if you have any recommendations for my official site www.wuweido.com come out and see me ..i will give credit to those ppl who help me from this site on my website so when you submit your material or ideas give me the name you want posted on my site for the credit..i believe this could be really fun and constructive!
    Talk to ya soon!@
    Tarryl Janik

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 9:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JANIK View Post
    Ok so i'm new to Bullshido.net but glad to be here! Like i said i don't have the time to be on and respond all the time so here's my idea thanks to you guys....

I would like your help in developing Wu Wei Do since like i said it will take a lifetime to achieve it. Any techniques you feel are viable for street combat because of success on the street or in sparring let me know about so i can test! Send me your videos, emails etc to wwdmai@yahoo.com or my youtube account so you can be part of this with me. The name may not be great, but the idea is there...so let's roll with it and see where it takes us!

Let's get started...remember email all info to me directly so i don't miss it..add me on myspace at www.myspace.com/warbornstreetteam and i'm sure with your knowledge and my determination we can achieve this...

Also, if i am competing in your area or if you have any recommendations for my official site www.wuweido.com come out and see me ..i will give credit to those ppl who help me from this site on my website so when you submit your material or ideas give me the name you want posted on my site for the credit..i believe this could be really fun and constructive!
    Talk to ya soon!@
    Tarryl Janik
    my suggestion to you would be to go to a throwdown and see what works and what doesn't. Im sure anybody there would love to spar with you on your rules or theirs.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My suggestions are largely in regards to your claims to "real street" effectiveness. You have some "show off" stuff that is not useful at all like the 540 hook kick and brick breaking.

Your knife attack arm hook takedown starts off with classic krotty BS overhead knife chop and ends with your own death. If that was a live blade, you would have been stabbed in the back by your own technique. Watch your own video, and imagine where the attacker's knife is, right below your left shoulder blade.

Your ground work involved a collar choke, with your students wearing gi's. Serious? Gis on "the street"?

Overall your commentary does not communicate to me 16 years of martial arts experience, at least as far as public speaking is concerned. You want to teach? It takes more than a hodge podge of techniques. You need to speak well in front of the camera, and communicate to us what your students are doing and how we get something out of it.

I'm being nice here, but the bottom line is by your own admission this is a hobby for you. I don't see why you are qualified to create a new fight system.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 10:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Developing Wu Wei Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    My suggestions are largely in regards to your claims to "real street" effectiveness. You have some "show off" stuff that is not useful at all like the 540 hook kick and brick breaking.

Your knife attack arm hook takedown starts off with classic krotty BS overhead knife chop and ends with your own death. If that was a live blade, you would have been stabbed in the back by your own technique. Watch your own video, and imagine where the attacker's knife is, right below your left shoulder blade.

Your ground work involved a collar choke, with your students wearing gi's. Serious? Gis on "the street"?

Overall your commentary does not communicate to me 16 years of martial arts experience, at least as far as public speaking is concerned. You want to teach? It takes more than a hodge podge of techniques. You need to speak well in front of the camera, and communicate to us what your students are doing and how we get something out of it.

I'm being nice here, but the bottom line is by your own admission this is a hobby for you. I don't see why you are qualified to create a new fight system.
    Hi Mantis,

First off teaching right now has been once a week only because i'm saving up the money to rent a building and should hopefully be in one by the end of the summer. I assure you it's not just a hobby, i just teach once a week right now because my work schedule doesn't work around what i'd like to be doing atm ya know. Ya the 540 kick and most of the videos i put up were in the idea of just showing versatility in what we do and i wasn't really thinking about it for reality stuff but that's very good input and i appreciate it.

From now on i will put videos up that are directed at the street credibility techniques only so thanks for your input. I do like the breaking alot so i put that up just so ppl can see that we do it for fun..so i can't promise i won't put up any more breaking videos but i will label them as best i can so that it's clear it's just for fun. Most of the videos were on the spot and i only did them in one take so that probably explains the shotty commentary, but you have to remember i didn't think anyone really was watching them anyway most only have like 100 hits. But from now on i will take my time with them to put out a quality product since now ppl care enough to watch them. Thanks for the constructive critique..

Dak, tell me more about "throwdown" is it something nearby my area or will i have to drive a long ways?

I'll be around the comp for a bit yet tonight, otherwise i'll be back 2morrow guys..

later
    JANIK
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast