Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 11:53am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spice up is fine, but are these contenders? Although I do want the top contenders to fight in the UFC (doesn't have to be the UFC, but all sports require a dominant promotion), I don't want to have every last quality fighter in the UFC. I think a dominant promotion is a necessary evil but a total, rigid monopoly would be problematic.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 12:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp View Post
    Against who!!!

Silva moved weight because there is no one in his division that can touch him. I want to see Silva fight tough opponents, not guys where he basically treats them like sparing partners and does things like reach down and punch them in the leg. Let him take 2 or 3 titles, hell let him fight 2 guys at once. I don't give a ****, I just want to see the man knock people out.
    agreed. why penalize the best of the best? if someone in their weight class is a valid contender, let them get first shot before you go playing in another division, but if nobody can give you a run for your money, do whatever you want.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:36pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be more competitive (from the athlete's point of view) to see cross-promotions. My understanding is there are contractual obligations which limit who can fight who. Perhaps someone who has more knowledge of the combat sports than I could provide better insight on this thought.

Wasn't the Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson match supposed to unify the PRIDE and UFC middleweight belts? It was in boxing (i.e. three belts held by undisputed champions) but seems to be more the exception than the rule for UFC.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    It would be more competitive (from the athlete's point of view) to see cross-promotions.
    Yeah cross-promotions would solve a lot of problems and really put a lot of competition out there; it's a shame the UFC doesn't want any of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 7:13am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WARminowaman View Post
    We'll keep your horrible mangling of 'glamour' between ourselves; I had an education in the UK too and appreciate how bad it is. Can't say I miss the place.
    Hilarious.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123