Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
  1. #91
    Conde Koma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247
    Style
    Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, Vera's certainly not at the top of the striker's pack with Anderson and Machida, but that doesn't mean he did poorly out there. Soszynski's got heavy hands, I don't blame Vera for not wanting to jeopardize his victory when he can ride out an easy decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    not sure if i agree that situation. when you're trying to pin your opponent against the cage you might need to adopt a similar posture.
    I dunno, if you watch good wrestlers like couture work the cage, they've got good posture and drop their hips for the takedown. I guess it might be different if Sos was trying to get an ankle pick or a single, but I think it was clear he was working for the double.

  2. #92
    danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,151
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    I dunno, if you watch good wrestlers like couture work the cage, they've got good posture and drop their hips for the takedown. I guess it might be different if Sos was trying to get an ankle pick or a single, but I think it was clear he was working for the double.
    it depends what he is doing. in that photo i just see a guy pinning someone against the cage. don't know what happened before or after that point. i just think he chose the wrong moment for the screen cap.

    if there is a shot where he's bending over with his arse out, grabbing the legs and not against the cage, it might prove a point.

  3. #93

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Scotland/Philippines
    Posts
    741
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Now, everyone seems to think Marquardt vs Maia had the scene of the night...

    Not true.

    That had some force behind it.

    That's basically the kick that knocked Crocop out, except... lower.

  4. #94
    Hesperus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Plains
    Posts
    3,039
    Style
    Kano-Gracie
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And with the other leg.

    And not hopping forward.

    Basically, a different kick.

  5. #95
    danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,151
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MSphinx View Post
    That's basically the kick that knocked Crocop out, except... lower.
    ready... aim... MISFIRE

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Scotland/Philippines
    Posts
    741
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... it's a joke, you faggots.

  7. #97
    Conde Koma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247
    Style
    Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'MY [TESTICLE] IS UP INSIDE MY BODY.' - TUCHSCHERER
    http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...id=36:fighters

    That doesn't sound very comfortable. ME's got a pretty good bit from him about the fight, which got me thinking, why didn't they just call it a no contest? Injured fighter + low blow + testicle being somewhere it shouldn't, and the doc still gave him the okay?

  8. #98

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    'MY [TESTICLE] IS UP INSIDE MY BODY.' - TUCHSCHERER
    http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...id=36:fighters

    That doesn't sound very comfortable. ME's got a pretty good bit from him about the fight, which got me thinking, why didn't they just call it a no contest? Injured fighter + low blow + testicle being somewhere it shouldn't, and the doc still gave him the okay?
    Ya that was pretty rough, watching it on live tv. I still can't believe he started fighting again, and then when he was on the ground getting pummeled, I was surprised the ref didn't stop it sooner.

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO