Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:05pm

Style: Varied

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee View Post
    Please post link to where you got this info.
    The original site no longer exists. It was taken down rather quickly after the resignations were posted. So far as I have been able to ascertain, there were no pdfs or pics of the original letters, only the text as posted on the website.

The link to the information as posted on the other forum would do you no good, unless you had access to the restricted section (which I do). The original post in this forum was an e-mail from one of those that resigned to another former member/instructor who left the cult some time ago. This e-mail was sent to him from Mr. Nichols, and he posted it where the other former defendants could view it.

I sent an e-mail to Mr. Bennett this morning, but he has not replied as yet.

I would like to add that it has, IMHO, taken far too long for these people to wake up and leave the cult, but I do admire the courage it took for them to do so. It is a very difficult thing to realize that you need to make such a major change in your life. It will be a lengthy process, but I commend them for taking this first step.

If you're looking for far more information on the konigun cult than you ever wanted to know, you could check my blog. I am one of the original defendants, also.

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by imarubber View Post
    The original site no longer exists. It was taken down rather quickly after the resignations were posted. So far as I have been able to ascertain, there were no pdfs or pics of the original letters, only the text as posted on the website.

The link to the information as posted on the other forum would do you no good, unless you had access to the restricted section (which I do). The original post in this forum was an e-mail from one of those that resigned to another former member/instructor who left the cult some time ago. This e-mail was sent to him from Mr. Nichols, and he posted it where the other former defendants could view it.

I sent an e-mail to Mr. Bennett this morning, but he has not replied as yet.

I would like to add that it has, IMHO, taken far too long for these people to wake up and leave the cult, but I do admire the courage it took for them to do so. It is a very difficult thing to realize that you need to make such a major change in your life. It will be a lengthy process, but I commend them for taking this first step.

If you're looking for far more information on the konigun cult than you ever wanted to know, you could check my blog. I am one of the original defendants, also.
    Is there an archived version of the web site?
    I think Google has an archiving function.
    Or was that taken down as well?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's archived anywhere, I have not been able to find it. The google cache has the homepage, but not the testimonials or letters. Even the archive.org link is down:
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...nninjutsu.com/

Seems that, for all intents and purposes, the website is just GONE. If anyone has a screenshot of this page, I'd love to have it.

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:17pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.konigunninjutsu.com/

no longer exists, and they were smart enough it being cached on the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...nninjutsu.com/

You can get some text off of the google cache:

cache:www.konigunninjutsu.com/

by sticking that in a google search, but the links don't work you have to put the links into google cache too:

cache:www.konigunninjutsu.com/shidoshibio.php

You can see the long list of essays that were trying to refute the criticisms levelled at them:

But they've really tried to get rid of it all as best they could.

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where were the letters? You can pull them from the google cache using the method above.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At a guess, I'd say they were in the "Testimonials" section, but that link is dead.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:19am

Style: Noob-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's possible the letters were not in the public domain long enough for net archives or google's caching function to pick up on them. I've tried dissecting the konigun archives, and while I can find all the content that has been shown here already, the letters simply don't appear.

Eliminating that, I would guess either they weren't up for more than a few days, or they weren't up on a publicly accessible part of the site. The last option would be that they weren't there at all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:24am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It depends on how long ago the letter were put up. People think cache works instantly, it doesn't.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FWIW konigun had set their site so that it _wouldn't_ be cached by the wayback machine and others. They were sneaky from a long way back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:37am

Style: Noob-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It depends on how long ago the letter were put up. People think cache works instantly, it doesn't.
    My point exactly.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast