Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shaolin Do

I have been studying Martial Arts all my life, my father was an Army Ranger, he trained first in judo before the army and then went all over the world and trained with different special forces from different countries. When i was growing up we would "play spar" he would show me moves such as chokes, strikes etc. I had such an open mind about anything martial arts, then when i became i teenager i ran the streets getting into to fights and tried those things dad taught me, did good most of the time. I took Tae Kwoon Do at U of L that was good for awhile, then i started taking Shaolin Do it was something so different to me. I was lucky to have one of the best teachers in Shaolin Do, been under his teaching for over 20 years now. I have seen really bad students and really good students come through our school. All you people say Shaolin Do is fake, we have been getting that since Sin The' came over here to go to school at UK. We still get challenged but nobody seems to come to our school to follow thru on it. You know grandmaster Sin used to compete with people like Bill "superfoot" and they questioned him back then after he would win. Please be open minded, every Martial Art is a good thing.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by moto rowe View Post
    You know grandmaster Sin used to compete with people like Bill "superfoot" and they questioned him back then after he would win. Please be open minded, every Martial Art is a good thing.
    Please clarify your above statement because BSW was known for ONE THING, but also engaged in another. You do understand that not only can your comment be taken multiple ways, it pretty much means he beat Superfoot Wallace.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:39pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido moto rowe.
    All you people say Shaolin Do is fake
    First of all, who is you people? If you mean forum members, you cannot lump everyone into a 'you people' category.
    Please be open minded, every Martial Art is a good thing.
    I am as open-minded as they come; except for open carry, ninjas and a few other things that I am closed-minded about. Every martial art isn't necessarily a good thing. You may get a nugget or two even from the lamest, saddest YouTube video, but that doesn't make the art good.

I do not have a working knowledge of Shaolin Do, and cannot criticize it. I have never trained with any highly skilled Shaolin Do artists. There are many on this forum who can break it down for you, because they know the subject matter. At any rate, good luck with your training.

I went to a three hour seminar at The Kelley Karate Center in Lake Worth Forida in 1993. I sat next to Bill Wallace, while Speakman led the class; I did not spar with or kick either of their asses. I also do not misrepresent what happened, and it is very possible that Sin The did misrepresent what happened. It is also possible that you did not understand what Sin The meant when he told these tales. Did you see Sin The compete with Bill Wallace? Is there a video of Sin The competing with Bill Wallace?

Last edited by slamdunc; 6/27/2012 3:51pm at .

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know if he actually compteted against superfoot, but i do know we have a picture from a tournament that Sin was in, he is in a group photo sitting on the ground with winning trophy. There in the picture was superfoot with second or third trophy, standing right in the middle. I love this picture because i always loved superfoot "big and bold" outstanding foot speed, then look down to corner and Sin The' looking like he is a teenager.

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry about "you people" i mean the guys that post negative things about Shaolin Do, every art has some bad points.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 3:53pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love this picture because i always loved superfoot "big and bold" outstanding foot speed, then look down to corner and Sin The' looking like he is a teenager.
    Their age difference is two years, Sin is the eldest of the two.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    6/27/2012 4:31pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We still get challenged but nobody seems to come to our school to follow thru on it.
    To be fair, the matter of history and lineage would not be answered one way or the other if someone went to a Shaolin Do school to challenge someone. 2 totally separate issues.

You know grandmaster Sin used to compete with people like Bill "superfoot" and they questioned him back then after he would win.
    Do you have any evidence of Wallace being connected to, or learning, or saying good things about Shaolin Do?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 10:49am

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That photo may have been from the 1971 (maybe 1972?) Mid-East Regional Tournament that GMT hosted. Bill Wallace, Steve Sanders and others came to those tourneys because they were fairly big, point fighting, tournaments. GMT did not compete in any of them, he and Hiang hosted them. I had started SD in 1970 and left in 2002. During that time, I do not recall either of the The' brothers competing in any tournament.

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 11:34am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^I think I've seen the photo and that's where I was angling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/29/2012 1:55pm

Style: Traditional Mix

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still have a copy of the tournament program. The 1971 tournament was my first tournament to participate in as SD.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789