Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2009 8:08pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get me wrong, Steve, I am open to any "proof" of something like that. I started training under BL in 1970 at EKU in Model High School Gym. I stayed with him and ST until I turned my clubs over to my senior student in 1996. I severed all ties with that organization in 2002 and renewed my contact with ST brother, Hiang. I have been independent since 2005. Now, over that time I am aware of many of the SD skeletons. However, I have never heard any of the Shotokan, Four Seasons or Grandmaster stuff about BL. I am pretty sure BL has no love at all for Four Seasons and David.

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 9:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well,, you have already said you are aware of his past involvement in one of the largest and most violent cocaine smuggling rings in the country, so for me to prove he taught Shotokan in 1982 seems kind of irrelevant. I didn't know David at Four Seasons, at that time I was studying TKD under Jeff Clark and was teaching Shito-Ryu at the Richmond Rec Center

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/03/2009 9:46am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by steve8k View Post
    Well,, you have already said you are aware of his past involvement in one of the largest and most violent cocaine smuggling rings in the country, so for me to prove he taught Shotokan in 1982 seems kind of irrelevant. I didn't know David at Four Seasons, at that time I was studying TKD under Jeff Clark and was teaching Shito-Ryu at the Richmond Rec Center
    How about you just say it is what you heard or I have no proof.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 6:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shaolin Do/Ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

BL

I've known Bill Leonard for over 35 years, and no...he has NEVER taught at Four Seasons. I am also very familiar with Richmond, KY, and EKU, having attended the university there, as well as belonging to EM Bob Green's Richmond club.

I have personally witnessed EML stand directly in front of a Four Seasons Black Belt who was easily 6 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier, and decades younger...and who was, (for some obscure reason), challenging SD students to a throw down. However, when confronted by a clearly taut EML who actually touched his chest against the much bigger guy, the young man turned several shades of pale, and couldn't get out quick enough.

EML has never, to my knowledge, been overly tolerant of horseshit.

As far as SD fighters...I have stated before that since the advent of the Sportscenter, where SD became more of a business, out of necessity...the fighting ability levels dropped overall. This happens in any MA when it becomes so large. Don't be mistaken, or make stereotypical judgements. There are many, many serious SD practitioners, who could easily hold their own anywhere.

IIF said it best...most of the loud mouths on this forum have been 1st Blacks or thereabouts, although I admit to getting riled up a bit myself when I first got on here and read some of the nonsense.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 3:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This may be a belated response, BUT.....

I cannot attest to the value of Shaolin Do as an art-

But as for lineage...its actually laughable for ANYONE who has studies Chan (Chinese Zen) history or the history of Chinese martial arts.

First, in response to the monuments at the temples:

The Shaolin Temples today are not occupied by traditional shaolin monks, they are occupied by Wushu practitioners. There is little if any authentic Shaolin Gong Fu taught at the temples...so getting a monument in your honor for being a grandmaster is like getting a PhD in physics from McDonalds

second point on the monuments-Sin Kwang The made a sizeable donation to the temples...thats why those monuments exist...kind of like having a library named after you at a university...its not because you have mastered all the knowledge in the books, but because you are a philanthropist

Another point: No such thing as a "grandmaster" in traditional Shaolin Gong Fu. The modeled this from Japanese MA and the popular David Carradine movies which were quite popular when he first came to the US.

(I am not going to touch on the intricacies of the obvious lies The has told, these have already been discussed in plenty of places)

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 6:00am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tswitzerd View Post
    First learn to spell, then form a complete argument , then we can talk. Obviously I have stumbled upon the wrong site, I thought this place would be a pretty cool place to discuss martial arts. But instead its a place full of self righteous assholes who probably masterbate to Japanimation and all they have time to do is put others martial arts down.
    Oh, and if you think Shaolin-Do is fake I would love to invite you to Lexington, KY and we can see how fake it is. But I am guessing that you would rather stay behind your comfortable computer screen.
    Goodbye Bullshido.
    YouTube- Shaolin Do Lexington Tournament 2008 Brown Belt Sparring

oh god no i bet i wouldn't get out of ky alive
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Deep inside the intestine of a sperm whale

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 8:47am

Style: Judo, ITF, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @the above video. Ahhhhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

uhmmm hahahahaha

that was awesome. and I thought the art of being a clown was dead.

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 6:52pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those two "fighters" in the video can't be any younger than 55?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2010 10:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White belts at the Gold's Gym up the road spar harder than that, and they only spar ~1 a month.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/23/2010 2:51am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is with the weird emphasis on veganism?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast