Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If someone can goad the DC Shaolin Do guys into a gong sau for me, I can promise video this time.

Apparently their head guy is a student of the head guy from Austin too.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 11:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Please #3 Please #3 Please #3 Please #3

Mr Phrost:

you have insulted the shaolin temple

Your site has insulted the Shaolin Temple

Your choice of words, the cologne you wear and the food you eat are anathema to the shaolin temple and....

now step out to the hall of mirrors and lets settle this like men.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 8:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I heard back from my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Collins
    First of all, let me apologize for Tim's post and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will address the matter internally and resolve it.

Thanks,
    Ben Collins
    I seriously don't think this kid is going to be back to reply on this thread any time soon. There is a SD facebook group should you guys want to join:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34676270070

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 9:07am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Snicker*

I told you, they really don't like internet Bullshit unless they control the forum.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    OK, I heard back from my email.

I seriously don't think this kid is going to be back to reply on this thread any time soon. There is a SD facebook group should you guys want to join:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34676270070
    That's probably the best way they could have handled it, actually.

My guess is that tswitzer was shooting his mouth off without the permission of his Sifu. Once his Sifu read this thread, I am sure he was not amused.

As for your Gong Sau offer, I am certain you will be refused.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 10:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk View Post
    As for your Gong Sau offer, I am certain you will be refused.
    To that I have no doubt. If it didn't sound exactly like "Come to our dojo and fight" then I wouldn't have been running out and emailing somebody's master instructor. If you notice the first few pages of this thread, the OP never addressed the points that myself and a few other people addressed, he just went on the offensive and said we all masturbate to anime and hide behind our keyboards. So while I never thought a meeting would ever materialize, I wanted to make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm a real person and have no problems meeting someone face to face.

I might not have the highest post count ever, but I've been here for a few years and have been a much bigger dick in other threads (especially ones with ninjas in them) and have never been called out before.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tswitzer obviously didn't realize that on this website there are any number of members that can and will be willing to Throwdown. I am sure his Sifu will forbid him from even thinking about attending one.

Exposing him to outside influences/other MAists who are more than willing to destroy the myth of Shaolin Do is bad for business. There is no way for that to end well, even if you got your ass kicked. While it might validate his training, he'll start looking to test his skills outside of the Shaolin Do fold. Eventually, he'll find someone who will show him the holes in his game, and he'll start to ask questions. Not good for the faithful.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 11:20am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feryk View Post
    Tswitzer obviously didn't realize that on this website there are any number of members that can and will be willing to Throwdown. I am sure his Sifu will forbid him from even thinking about attending one.

Exposing him to outside influences/other MAists who are more than willing to destroy the myth of Shaolin Do is bad for business. There is no way for that to end well, even if you got your ass kicked. While it might validate his training, he'll start looking to test his skills outside of the Shaolin Do fold. Eventually, he'll find someone who will show him the holes in his game, and he'll start to ask questions. Not good for the faithful.
    Actually, you'd be surprised how many people cross train in the East and stay. This really isn't an issue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 11:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Actually, you'd be surprised how many people cross train in the East and stay. This really isn't an issue.
    Does this just mean their cult following is that strong? Reminds me of a certain wing chun guy in another thread who won't stop believin...

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 11:50am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmmm... I think there is a ton of east and west that has been mixed. I know most of the fanatcism comes form the students but, the East students I have met (Kentucky/Ohio schools) had cross trained other styles. Now, there are some fring e schools. The west is where the cult status allegation comes from IMO.

If you aren't vegan, you are looked down upon. If you cross train you can be kicked out and stripped of your rank. You can't use their name in any type of MMA or tournament. Unless you win of course, then it is okay.

Heck there were a couple of east schools that were doing BJJ at least once a week. They had a couple of students enter MMA with videos I can no longer find.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 789 LastLast