Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:05am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tswitzerd View Post
    As to the topic of Shaolin-Do's authenticity, I will refer you to this link in which Granddmaster Sin Kwang The is awarded with a memorial that stands in the current Shaolin Temple by the current leader of the Temple.
    I guess nobody ever mentioned this to you: the memorials at the Shaolin Temple are paid for by the people who are mentioned in the memorial. You make a large enough donation to the temple, you get a plaque. In no way is it an endorsement of one's martial prowess or supposed connection to the temple.

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm wondering where IIF is, and whether or not he'll open a can of reality whup ass on the OP, being a former Shaolin Do guy and all.

Getting to the bottom of Shaolin-do - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

What do you think of Shaolin-Do? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=29895&page=3

And why hasn't anyoe brought up the fact that Sin The melts babies and climbs telephone poles using only his chest???
    Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 8/10/2009 10:20am at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:16am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    I might have the Kung Fu magazine that covered this story. If I remember right, Shaolin Do placed the marker there. Placing your own marker at the Shaolin Temple does not authenticate your martial farce.
    It also led to the falling out of east and west.

By all accounts Shaolin DO folks do train hard, but come on, you gotta know your lineage is a complete fabrication.
    No, not by all. Some do. It is hit or miss.

It's funny how someone who's supposedly a martial artist who is learning how to fight in real life can't muster the balls to actually defend his art online.
    When all but one link refer back to your own websites, it is kind of hard to defend yourself.

I'm wondering where IIF is, and whether or not he'll open a can of reality whup ass on the OP, being a former Shaolin Do guy and all.

I'm the one that moved this post from an old long dead thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like the OP isn't as hospitable once I provided my first name and a willingness to roll? My google fu is pretty good though, seems Tim Switzer uses the same screen name everywhere:

tswitzerd - Google Search=

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:50am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't trust the MULLET!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 12:00pm

Style: Shaolin/Judo/JuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh ****!

Well, wiz, look what you got going. Like a previous poster stated, this site deals with more realistic arts and applications. There are quite a few former SD types here, but they are former for a reason. Nothing to do with skill as several of them are quite effective. Mostly they are former due to the drama in SD. When you say you train realistically, the vast majority here expect you to mean you not only learn techniques/forms, but use them in actual matches with resistance. No pattycake tag sparring, but more closely resembling actual fighting. Anything less is just exercise.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Didn't Hedge, as a BJJ white belt, tap out several SD black belts?
    Just the two.

I wonder if their guys in DC/MD/VA are any better?

(they aren't)

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 10:01pm

Style: BJJ / MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a black belt in Shaolin-Do. I stopped doing that about 6 years ago.

The reason I trained in Shaolin-Do was because I had a choice: Wing Chun, Tae Kwon Do, a George Dillman school, or Shaolin-Do. So I believe I made the obvious choice, there. At my Shaolin-Do class we did some pretty hard sparring once we hit brown belt. No hard shots to the head but as hard as you wanted to the body. Light contact to the head was permitted.

Form memorization was worthless, though. If the whole class would have been dedicated to learning techniques and sparring, Shaolin would actually be a pretty decent system. Equivalent to Kyokushin or something in that nature. Although, learning how to use a lot of exotic weaponry was a lot of fun.

I'd say if you are just interested in losing some weight and getting healthy, Shaolin Do is a good idea. However, if you are interested in actually learning to fight, you'd be better served going to a Muay Thai / Judo / BJJ / Wrestling school.

For the record: I trained about 4 or 5 years at a school in Indiana under a 7th (At the time. He's currently 8th) degree black belt. Also, I've been training BJJ in Louisville, KY for awhile now and currently hold a blue belt.

PS. As far as Sin The's lineage stuff, I never believed it and thought it was all bullshit. I went to a seminar he hosted once, Dual Kung Fu Fighting Fans or something. For a man who is at his age, he is still in incredible shape.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW I figured since an invite was offered to come to the "main" Shaolin-Don't school, I wasn't about to go in there fists a blazing, maybe writing the head instructor of that branch was in order? Sent this email two days ago with no response:

Quote Originally Posted by "Mantis Fist (via email)
    subj: Gong Sau?

Dear Master Collins-

Recently an open "challenge" was issued on bullshido.net by Tim Switzer. The "invite" went something like this:

"Obviously I have stumbled upon the wrong site, I thought this place would be a pretty cool place to discuss martial arts. But instead its a place full of self righteous assholes who probably masterbate to Japanimation and all they have time to do is put others martial arts down.
    Oh, and if you think Shaolin-Do is fake I would love to invite you to Lexington, KY and we can see how fake it is. But I am guessing that you would rather stay behind your comfortable computer screen."

Anyway, just keeping you in the loop. If I or someone else does take him up on this, all parties involved want to make sure any touching of hands is sanctioned by the school and in a safe environment. I for one have no interest in walking into someone's gym severely outnumbered without some advance notice.

Thanks for listening and God bless.

J

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 10:15am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    BTW I figured since an invite was offered to come to the "main" Shaolin-Don't school, I wasn't about to go in there fists a blazing, maybe writing the head instructor of that branch was in order? Sent this email two days ago with no response:
    i predict three outcomes

1. The head is an honest reasonable fellow

2. theres gonna be a shitstorm

3. theres gonna be a shitstorm
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast