Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is there so much hate on this thread. I knew I was gonna have to defend my discipline but you guys are just downright disrespectful. I feel sorry for your teachers, Im sure they taught you respect. Unless you guys are the "couch potato" martial artists who can talk a big game but when it comes down to it you would rather hide behind your laptops.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tswitzerd View Post
    Were always sparring, we even have a seperate class that works just on sparring.
    Would you agree with this definition of sparring and "aliveness"?

YouTube - Matt Thornton on Training - Aliveness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a memorial that stands in the current Shaolin Temple by the current leader of the Temple.
    I might have the Kung Fu magazine that covered this story. If I remember right, Shaolin Do placed the marker there. Placing your own marker at the Shaolin Temple does not authenticate your martial farce.

By all accounts Shaolin DO folks do train hard, but come on, you gotta know your lineage is a complete fabrication.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:14pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im sure they taught you respect.

Not at all, that was my parents. My teacher teaches me budo.

I can't help if you art has a linguistically silly name, it speaks volumes.

Respect in martial arts, like in life, is earned, it isnt assumed beyond a basic level.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Excellent, that is good. Now what kind of sparring do you do? Light contact? Full contact? Striking restrictions (i.e. no head shots)?

This is why video would be nice to see.
    We have striking restrictions in class, no head shots but full contact elsewhere. You can do full contact if your brown belt or above (for safety reasons). I havent done light contact since white belt.

And to the guy that went to the Austin, TX school, I have never been there and never met anyone from there but I can attest to the fact that the "kidding" around is left to our kids class, not mine. If a person is "kidding" around in our class he pays for it when its time to spar.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    I might have the Kung Fu magazine that covered this story. If I remember right, Shaolin Do placed the marker there. Placing your own marker at the Shaolin Temple does not authenticate your martial farce.

By all accounts Shaolin DO folks do train hard, but come on, you gotta know your lineage is a complete fabrication.
    To be completely honest, I dont care how "fabricated" any arts lineage is, including Shaolin. All I care about is what I am taught and how i train. I dont train because this form or that form came directly from the Shaolin temple.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 5:23pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is there so much hate on this thread. I knew I was gonna have to defend my discipline but you guys are just downright disrespectful. I feel sorry for your teachers, Im sure they taught you respect. Unless you guys are the "couch potato" martial artists who can talk a big game but when it comes down to it you would rather hide behind your laptops.
    Have you read anything about the site and its mission? If so you would not make such ignorant statements.

Bwong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 6:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be completely honest, I dont care how "fabricated" any arts lineage is, including Shaolin. All I care about is what I am taught and how i train. I dont train because this form or that form came directly from the Shaolin temple.
    You do care, because you used the Shaolin plaque as an example of your authenticity.

I would also note that any student of traditional kung fu could really care less about the "current head of the shaolin temple" since it is a circus outfit anyway. These guys are gymnasts and wuhu stylists and do not practice "teh real shaolin" anyway. By your grandmaster's own history you would know that the Chinese masters were killed and the temple destroyed. The currrent temple is a great tourist attraction.

Oh, and shaolin-do is still fake.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 6:08pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    You do care, because you used the Shaolin plaque as an example of your authenticity.

I would also note that any student of traditional kung fu could really care less about the "current head of the shaolin temple" since it is a circus outfit anyway. These guys are gymnasts and wuhu stylists and do not practice "teh real shaolin" anyway. By your grandmaster's own history you would know that the Chinese masters were killed and the temple destroyed. The currrent temple is a great tourist attraction.

Oh, and shaolin-do is still fake.
    First learn to spell, then form a complete argument , then we can talk. Obviously I have stumbled upon the wrong site, I thought this place would be a pretty cool place to discuss martial arts. But instead its a place full of self righteous assholes who probably masterbate to Japanimation and all they have time to do is put others martial arts down.
    Oh, and if you think Shaolin-Do is fake I would love to invite you to Lexington, KY and we can see how fake it is. But I am guessing that you would rather stay behind your comfortable computer screen.
    Goodbye Bullshido.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 6:11pm

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm over it.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast