Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 9:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't forget the dickens inn now.

go visit buckingham palace, and play with the guards, they love that kinda stuff.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 9:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    remember, the guys who wear tracksuits are employed by the tourist council to help you out if you need anything so don't hesitate to ask them for help. if they seem unhelpful, remind them that they get "the dole" so that they will be nice to you.

ok, that was mean. i'm sorry squirrel. don't talk to the guys in track suits. really.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 9:44am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You should also watch 'Snatch' and 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' to familiarise yourself with the kind of colourful characters you're likely to meet around the city.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 10:32am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you get hungry and you don't have much money left, head down to iccos pizza joint, starts at 4 for a nicely made italian pizza:

http://www.qype.co.uk/place/75067-Icco-London

Also make sure to head down to Greenwich to catch a great view of the Canary Wharf, the Royal Naval college ... the Maritime Museum is for free and a really cool place.

If you're into food from jamaica and the windies head either down to Brixton or up to Hackney area to get your "curry goat" fix.

Loads of pubs everywhere, most concentrated party area probably Brick Lane and Shoreditch / Hoxton.

Have fun.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 10:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    make sure to call everyone gov'nor, that way they'll never suspect you're american.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 8:31pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, you jammy git! You'll have a blast. And having an accent is usually enough to get you laid. London girls are easy. And filthy.

London is very expensive, but pretty safe, even at night in the touristy areas. Good luck hooking up with London Bullies. Post photos when you get back!

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 9:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by peeowee View Post

If you're into food from jamaica and the windies head either down to Brixton or up to Hackney area to get your "curry goat" fix.
    remember, when in hackney, be sure to ask where the bad bwoy yardies are at, cause you "run tings".
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 4:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a friend of mine just opened a grillrestaurant in Hounslow.
    you should drop by.
    lovely neighbourhood.
    it reminds me of knightsbridge and notting hill.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 5:49am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How long will you be in town for mate?

I am sure that I can see my way through to buying you a beer at some point.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 7:59am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will most likely be in Coventry, but I'll keep an eye on this thread on the off-chance I go visit my parents on the 20th or something (they live just outside London).

My recommendation for London (though this rather depends on your taste) is to benefit from all the free culture. The National Gallery is one of the greatest art collections in the world, and its completely free. Easy to get to on the Tube, as you just pop down the Bakerloo line to Charing Cross station. Head up the stairs into Trafalgar Square, and the National Gallery is the huge building at the other end. Worth picking up an audio guide too (also free, with a contribution up to you).

The same goes for the British Musuem, stuffed with history from around the world. That is slightly more annoying to get to, from Holborn tube station, but should be easy enough to find. Again free, although unlike the National Gallery, they do charge you for the cloakroom.

In terms of BJJ, I've got a map of the clubs in the UK here, with the specific London listing here.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast