Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 9:31pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I truly wish I was lying. I hope this is just some stage that these people will grow out of. Cause these guys will protest ANYTHING. A Starbucks was closing and they protested that. Saying that Starbucks is a pillar of the community. GO DOWN THE BLOCK AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE! There is a Starbucks everywhere.

Also, there was a story on the news about prisoners in Iraq. (Please forgive me if I have any of this wrong. I have some memory issues) The prison I believe was once an airport. But I am not positive. Anyway, the news was talking about their poor living conditions and how small their living quarters were. It was all true. but what the news did not show was the living conditions of the soldiers at the prison. The US soldiers there were in the same size living spaces, BUT with more people in them. Also if an inmate was sick and a soldier was sick, the doctors had to see the inmate first. Normally the inmate was lying to get an easy day. While the soldier was legitimately ill. From what I remember they ran the story about the poor, poor prisoners on one news station. Then Fox News ran the rest of the story.

I also vaguely recall a false story a network ran about a Marine flushing the Koran. If anyone can remmber either of these in more detail I would greatly appreciate it.

Either way its very clear that you guys/girls seem to have a target on your back. It kinda seems like this generation is the "Its not my fault" generation. People claiming they raped a girl cause their dad hit their mom and other bullshit like that. It seems like our Military have been chosen and the fall guy.

P.S. God Bless Texas :)

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2009 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    OP's story is more extreme than anything I've personally ever encountered in New York, which is pretty left-wing. Nobody ever spoke badly about the military even in Ithaca.
    Then you didn't spend enough time hanging out on the Commons or early weekend morning in the Bakery - I heard plenty. There's things about Ithaca I miss, but the damned hippies aren't one of them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 12:58am

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer View Post
    I truly wish I was lying. I hope this is just some stage that these people will grow out of. Cause these guys will protest ANYTHING. A Starbucks was closing and they protested that. Saying that Starbucks is a pillar of the community. GO DOWN THE BLOCK AND GO TO THE NEXT ONE! There is a Starbucks everywhere.
    Aren't these the same sort of people who normally PROTEST STARBUCKS for being anti-competitive and t3h ev1lz for forcing their mom and pop coffee roasters/stores out of business?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 10:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably. like I said they will protest anything. Everyone is looking for a cause of a purpose. Not saying thats wrong. For any of those who go and help people out and raise money for charities I wish them the best. I am positive that there is a group on the UC Davis campus that you can book them for a protest. I cant help but think of this video right now:

YouTube - Redheads Protest Wendy's

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 11:06am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The flushing of the Koran was done by prisoners themselves. They'd rip out the pages and use them to clog the toilets and flood their cells.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    The flushing of the Koran was done by prisoners themselves. They'd rip out the pages and use them to clog the toilets and flood their cells.
    Yeah but didnt a new station claim the US soldiers there did it?

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 11:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's all just a sideshow to the land of the free locking people up without a trial.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 1:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bitchslapper View Post
    That's all just a sideshow to the land of the free locking people up without a trial.
    You want to derail, post your own thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 2:52pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where I'm from, being in the military wasn't a stigma or a particularly great act. It was just a career choice, and no one made much of a deal out of it, aside from the occasional thank you.

How do you listen to people like the aforementioned protesters without kicking their ass? I mean, damn.

Posted On:
    8/09/2009 2:53pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    You want to derail, post your own thread.
    On Sociocide.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast