Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 6:45pm

Style: Judo, Wrestling, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

God bless you guys and girls

I grew up in Oceanside(which for those of you who dont know is home to a Marine base, Camp Pendleton) and come from a long line of Soldier on both sides of my family. I think I am the only male in my family that isnt military(bolts in my shoulder) Well anyway. I now live in Davis which is a college town. Its very liberal. After living here with these hippies I can say that the people of the armed forces get so much more **** then they deserve.

I went to the grocery store the other day and there are these woman outside and asked me if I could donate a dollar to their fast. It turns out they were fasting to protest retirees getting their retirement checks. That is the only time I have ever called a woman a "****" in my entire life.

My school has a second career program. So I have several older guys in my class. There are 53 people in my class and 2 instructors, so they find students that stick out and make them either: Class leader, Shop leader or Ast. Shop leader. The shop leader is an ex Marine. I am so sick and tired of people talking **** to this guy. He is the nicest guy on the planet and people give him bullshit for the dumbest stuff. They complained to the coordinator because he yelled to much. The shop is huge, we got 53 people so its easier to shout "Alright guys, clean up time", then going to everyone and asking nicely.

I also found out that apparently Marines have a target on their back with certain people. Kinda hard to explain, but when you and 5 of your friends jump a Marine you are a bigger man.

I got a call a little while ago from a friend of a friend. She wanted to know how aften my dad beat me and my mom while he served. Not "IF" but how often. She also wanted to know how he beat his alcholism. My dad doesnt drink or smoke. Never has. Also the only time my dad has ever gotten physical with me has been on the mat during practice(he is one of the coaches at my high school) She was doing a report on how soldiers are forced into violence and take it out on their family.

Living in this place has opened my eyes. I cant believe all the bullshit you guys/girls get. After all this I understand why my friend David(Marine) when he is back here, all he talks about is how he wants to go back to Iraq. I defenetly appreciate my dad even more. Whenever I see a person in uniform I thank them. It was kinda funny when I did it the last time, the guy had no idea what I was thanking him for. It took 5 minutes to explain it to him. Nobody had ever thanked him before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your post.

I saw some unity in this country after I came home from deployment in late 2001. I wonder why that unity and national identity was so short lived, how people can forget what happened to our homeland.

I don't want to make a political arguement out of this thread, just sharing my thoughts. Thanks again brother.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 6:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist View Post
    Thank you for your post.

I saw some unity in this country after I came home from deployment in late 2001. I wonder why that unity and national identity was so short lived, how people can forget what happened to our homeland.

I don't want to make a political arguement out of this thread, just sharing my thoughts. Thanks again brother.
    No man, thank you.

I plan on having a long talk with my dad when I get home for Christmas. I dont know if I would be willing to put my life on the line for a country that treated me like this.

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 7:28pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

**** the People's Republic of California.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 7:41pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dozer View Post
    It took 5 minutes to explain it to him. Nobody had ever thanked him before.
    Isn't that sad?

I do it as much as I can. I work where I see them shipping off or coming back. I also see them when they have to bring in bodies. It's surprising how shocked many of them are. So, I just start off by saying "Thanks for your service" right off the bat.

Ends the awkwardness for both of us quickly. I've been met with genuine surprise but, never any anger or derision.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 8:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell after being here I feel like I should be hugging those who are in uniform. Handshake and a thank you doesnt seem enough. but I dont fancy an ass kicking so I guess a handshake and a thank you will have to do lol. Also Phrost you rule. some of these hippies are banning trans fats and gluten. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH PIZZA SUCKS WITHOUT TRANSFAT AND GLUTEN!?! I know its fast food, I know its bad for me. I dont care. I get fast food when I host a study group or am hosting a fight night. Yet the same people are protesting for legal marijuana and leaniant drinking laws. Its not like I can give somebody second hand fat or eat a burger and get so buzzed I hit some kid in my car. I hate these college hippie bastards.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 8:52pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP's story is more extreme than anything I've personally ever encountered in New York, which is pretty left-wing. Nobody ever spoke badly about the military even in Ithaca.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 9:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    College town man. Bunch of know it all pricks. They walk around like their **** dont stink. I left a BBQ a few weeks ago cause my friend Brett's wife kept running her damn mouth. Looking down on me cause I am in an automotive school. I got my damn business degree. I hate accounting, love working with my hands. The bitch went on how the working class is ignorant and how we are lucky that people like her can help them. Every time I tried talking to her, she spoke to me like I was a 5 year old. When she started in on politics and militsry brain washing I left before I did something stupid. I was considering throwing my drink at her head.(Plastic cup of soda) So I left instead.

I have also been yelled at for driving this Cougar I had, by some random asshole on rollerblades at radioshack. FYI, I dont care who you are. You cant be a hard ass when on rollerblades.

To be fair not everyone here is a stuck up asshole I did find this pic of the UC Davis republicans protest:

So we got a few cool people too. Oh and I am not trying to make this a Republican vs Democrat or Liberal vs Conservative debate by any means.
    Last edited by Big Dozer; 8/07/2009 9:07pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 9:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen some stuff that gets me mad, then I realize that we fought for freedom of speech, yes?

I live in western Mass, pretty leftish hippie-ville over here. While I haven't heard any anti-soldier remarks, there are a lot of anti-war people. You'll just see someone with a sign saying "US out of Iraq now" or something, and you know what, it burns just the same. People don't realize what good goes on in Iraq and Afghanistan. How we are building power plants and schools. How our men and women are in an all volunteer service. We don't have mandatory 2 year military tours like some countries do, and we don't need whining hippies to protest on our behalf. If a soldier is killed in action it is surely a tragedy, but he or she volunteered for it. The protesting discredits the memories of those who gave of themselves willingly.

[/rant]

Seriously, thanks to you guys who do take notice.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 9:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why I like Texas. Both my parents, grandparents, and cousins all served. I almost can't believe your story it sounds so bad.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast