Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
    Heads up: I may send them an email and ask what style of kung fu they have available, and who is teaching. It seems to be in conjunction with kickboxing, but seeing as it is a family rec center, it may just be the Chun with boxercise.

Will update as soon as I get a reply email.
    Link him to this site so that he may post pics of the godmother.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 12:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP:

So just to be clear...you are recounting something that happened 3 years ago and today you realize that maybe it was the chun...and you can recall the conversations that happened three years ago on that day?

Thank you for wasting my time on a worthless thread.

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:06pm

Style: Judo+soon 2b bjj,boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    To the OP:

So just to be clear...you are recounting something that happened 3 years ago and today you realize that maybe it was the chun...
    Could very well be. I am not sure, but I will find out.

and you can recall the conversations that happened three years ago on that day?
    Note that I never said it was exactly what happened, just the things that stick out the most in my mind. I could be completely wrong about him doing Chun, but thought it might make an entertaining thread to read.

Remember, I said I couldn't recall what he said past kung fu and self defense. From what I have read here on the Chun, and the type of dummy he was using, I made an assumption that Chun was most likely the style he trains.

Thank you for wasting my time on a worthless thread.
    Not worthless. I am now looking in to what style he really trains and thought I would keep you all informed. Maybe you are all pissy, because you think he does not train the real Chun?
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

-Master Tang (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

The believer is happy, the doubter wise.
    Greek proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko1 View Post
    Martial Talk is not neutral, it's just neutered.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what you mean by real chun.

I'm pissy because every day on Bullshido there are 13 threads started by someone who wants to recount some fucking boring-ass story about how they know the chun sucks, or who they know who thinks the chun is great, or that they know a guy who said that chun was awesome....yada yada yada.

It's useless bullshit. And really not even entertaining.

I appreciate it when people who talk about the chun do so w/ actual experience and facts that back up their positions...rather than just regurgitating the anit-chun sentiment that they have picked up reading these shitty threads.

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 2:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what you mean by real chun.

I'm pissy because every day on Bullshido there are 13 threads started by someone who wants to recount some fucking boring-ass story about how they know the chun sucks, or who they know who thinks the chun is great, or that they know a guy who said that chun was awesome....yada yada yada.

It's useless bullshit. And really not even entertaining.

I appreciate it when people who talk about the chun do so w/ actual experience and facts that back up their positions...rather than just regurgitating the anit-chun sentiment that they have picked up reading these shitty threads.

Then why in the hell are you reading this, then?
    Let your anger be like a monkey trapped inside a pinata; waiting inside, hoping that the children don't break through with the stick.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 2:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all seriousness, I started this thread for lolz, but I am now curious to what type of kung fu he actually trains/teaches, which is now the focus for the most part. From my past encounter with him, I can only conclude he does Chun from my minuscule knowledge of what Chun dummies look like, as I have not seen them in any other type of kung fu, which of course, others here have told me is false, which is another reason I am curious to what he really trains.

I will post any new information here, for entertainment purposes as well as informing the members who are as curious as I am, to what he really trains. If it turns out he does not do the Chun, and maybe does another style (like sanda, shuai jiao, or any style that informed CMAers here could tell me about) that could be applicable to actuall self-defense, then I might just pop in for a visit.

If it turns out he is training bullshido, or even teaching it, then why not bring attention to it here? Not that I want any drama, but I really want to know for sure what style he trains, and inform others as well to my findings.
    Last edited by ZenOfAnger; 8/07/2009 2:39pm at . Reason: spelling

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOfAnger View Post
    Maybe you are all pissy, because you think he does not train T3H R34L CHUNNZZZ0RZZZ!!!!!1111!!ELEVENONE!!!HUNDREDANDELEV EN!?
    Fixed that for ya...!
    "So, yeah, Zen teachers may well insult you, work you to the bone, hit you with sticks, shout verbal abuse at you, and punch the **** out of you.
    And when the ****'s been punched out of you, you might just find that you're far better-off without it." - Vieux Normand

"So in short, BJJ wins again. BJJ, and chainmail." - TheMightyMcClaw

"On bullshido, your opinions are not sacred, neither are your feelings." - Scrapper

"You entered the lions' den. Don't bitch if you get eaten." - danniboi07

"Needless to say, it's much easier to clear a bunch of drunk kids out of your house when you're yelling GTFO and carrying a samurai sword." - DerAuslander

"Eventually, I realized it doesn't matter what art you train, what matters is the method in which you train. Training in an alive manner, under skilled and qualified instruction, is the single most important aspect of gaining martial skill. All else is window dressing." - JNP; saying it, how it is!

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 3:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant! View Post
    Fixed that for ya...!

Thanks.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 4:16pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To the OP:

you are recounting something that happened 3 years ago and today you realize that maybe it was the chun...and you can recall the conversations that happened three years ago on that day?
    Oh **** me. Are you serious?

How in the christ did I miss that.

To the OP: You now have to both answer my question about your godmother and post pics of her.

It's the only way to make amends for this most shitstainish of threads.

It's either that or I contact those guys from Milf Hunter and send them to your house in ninja outfits to handle this ****.
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Oh **** me. Are you serious?

How in the christ did I miss that.

To the OP: You now have to both answer my question about your godmother and post pics of her.

It's the only way to make amends for this most shitstainish of threads.

It's either that or I contact those guys from Milf Hunter and send them to your house in ninja outfits to handle this ****.
    She is not hot, and I have no pics of her. I will search for pics, but no promises.

Bill Cosby

Greek proverb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123