Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:25am

Style: TSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Pope View Post
    How come the guy in red isnt fighting back?
    ..and always moving in slow motion?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:28am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Siigh... there soo much dross here and i dont have time to address it all.
    (if its quiet at work tomorrow i may have a go)

Just out of interest How many years have you been learning Wing Chun for?

I trained for Six years and from my experience I would say in almost every sentence of your above post you are totally WRONG.

I would love to see you defend a takedown from a decent wrestler or even hold your own in stand up against someone with decent Muay Thai.
    Well you're certainly entitled to your opinon, if your sifu taught you diferently that's cool as long as you can make what you know work for you that's all that really amtters. as for my own ability to defend a takedown or stand with a mauy thai fighter, I've done both. It was freindly sparring not a deathmatch gong sau but still, I've done both. As for you not believing me : again totally your desicion.

I'm gonna do my best to make it to the gaineville t down and I'm certain someone there will want to prove my chun si useless blh blah ect. so there should be video of that if I can make it up there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:28am

Style: Nin Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another problem is with people who only do WC trying to do Mauy hai kicks

They have no fucking idea how to do them, same goes for take down defense IMO

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How come the guy in red isnt fighting back?
    you know how compliant demos work, I never said it was anything else. Just a representation of the techniques used to defned agasint high and low kicks. this was a question asked earlier of me then a vid was requested.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another problem is with people who only do WC trying to do Mauy hai kicks

They have no fucking idea how to do them, same goes for take down defense IMO
    agreed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:32am

Style: Nin Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get that but Really if it work against a compliant partner it is absolutly NO proof that it actually works....you see that dont you?

Out of curiosity is WC the only martial art you've practised and how long have you been doing it for?

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Well you're certainly entitled to your opinon, if your sifu taught you diferently that's cool as long as you can make what you know work for you that's all that really amtters. as for my own ability to defend a takedown or stand with a mauy thai fighter, I've done both. It was freindly sparring not a deathmatch gong sau but still, I've done both. As for you not believing me : again totally your desicion.

Didn't your BJJ coach post on here before that your claims to be able to defend take downs was grossly exaggerated? In fairness, it is very hard to objectively assess our own abilities. Please remember this before you post next time.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Kahn View Post
    WOW!!

I can assure you guys that this kid is not a troll. he really is THAT DILLUSIONAL that he thinks his "deadly" wing chun instructor is way more lethal than us at Gracie Tampa, lol. he is not a bad kid and he has been honest with us about his love of the sticky hands, lol. he has not yet been snapped to the realization that that wing chun stuff doesnt work yet no matter how much proof he gets.

rob kahn
    Last edited by CrackFox; 8/05/2009 10:38am at .

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:35am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm gonna do my best to make it to the gaineville t down and I'm certain someone there will want to prove my chun si useless blh blah ect. so there should be video of that if I can make it up there.
    I edited my previous post slightly.

I have nothing against you personally and i can understand why you would want to defend the art you train but there's ALOT of nonsense in some of your more 'technical' posts IMO.(most of which is stuff i recognise from back in my WC/WT days)

Also how long have you been doing WC and what Lineage?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:42am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    K now see this is the problem, number one I'm peronally slightly offended that you assume the onyl REAL wing tsun is what you adn your sifu's deem worthy. not greatly but slightly. my sifu saiys its based on principles, if they follow the principles taught by yip man then it's correct regardless of who they learned it from.
    If this is true, why do you spend so much time telling other chunners everything they do is wrong? That your 1 year in BJJ and 2 years in chun makes you the chun ground expert?

Secondly, thias statement. obviously your sifu has said at some point this is how to defned against a grappler trying to take you down?

Now have you (as by your stement obviously not) or your sifu ebver studied a grappling art?

See what you said here was you'll have to explain how each takedonw works for you to come up with a defence. do you understand how ridiculous that is? how can you possibly defend agasint a takedown if you don't even know how one works?!

I can defend against a takedown. Do you know why? becasue I can take someone down. I can do a double leg, an outside single leg, an ankle pick, a hi C, a cross ankle, a sanda waist though, a hip toss, a sacrifice throw, a position sag ect. more importantly I know what to look for when a grappler wants to attack my legs and I know what criteria need to be in place for him to be able to take me down.

I can tell you right now your strategy for attacking a grppler is gogint o get you taken down. wallking in punching and kicking down the center is not gogin to be effective. here's why: to a grppler a wing chun locomotive chain punching guy coming at them is either going to:

A.) cut and angle and attack the lead leg

B.) Drop levels and shoot in under your attack. Unless you knoe what to do once they grab you you're goign down. Even if you tried one of my defenses it probably still wouldnt work for you because you'd be too alte. the only reason I can make my kugn fu work on a grppler is becasue I've actualyl been shot on and shot in on people enough I can see one coming and have a few more seconds to react.

I'm glad you're trying to defend wing chun, but you have to understand, this is why people aren't taking you seriously. If you rally want to know how to train agasint a boxer you need to find a boxer and see how he actually hits you. then when you do 2 man drills in wing chun you have an outline of what he willa ctually do. same with a wrestler and a BJJ fighter ect. if you jsut say well I'l do my wing chun and he will be devastated by my almighty chain punches no matter what the fool tries mwahahahaha, it's going to get you in trouble.
    I hope to God English is your second Language. If you are going to respond to five and six year old posts, at least take the time to check your spelling.

Please, go see an English teacher.

Yes, I know you don't care but, your soon to be posted red herrings and strawmen are irrelevant. This is a thread started in 2003.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 10:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MDD89 View Post
    Would you be able to give me any information on this sifu? I live in ny and am lloking for an accomplished wing chun instructor
    surely, his name is grandmaster steve lee swift and you can go to

grandmasterswingchun.com to see more info on him. we are located in tampa bay FL and he used to teach at rochester NY, so its possible some amy have heard of him.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast