Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 10:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think Belfort had the best chance of upsetting Fedor, and Affliction cluster fucked that pretty hard. Sometimes I really fucking hate this sport. I think I'm done watching heavyweights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 11:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    TK won that fight the same way australia won its first gold medal at the winter olympics.

YouTube - Speed Skating 1,000 Meters - Steven Bradbury 2002 Olympics
    Thanks mate I've wanted to see that video since about 5 minutes after the race and dad described it to me.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post

Compared to other fight promotions, that's what I wanted to say.

Fights like Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites, Crocop vs Al Turk, or Coleman vs Bonnar are not really what one would call "positive promotion for MMA", or would one?

IMO, the UFC considerably lacks rules that allow attacks from a standing to a grounded opponent. In direct relation to this, I would count the fact that Dream's mammoth first round encourages more KOs, which is something we also don't see far too often in the UFC. (Not that I was that bloodthirsty, but you gotta give some spectacle from time to time.)

As to the fighters, let's shine a bit:

Brock Lesnar - SUPER heavyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
    You don't understand what I mean, let's have Anderson Silva go against the likes of BJ Penn. As long as he doesn't get an opponent of his own size, I guess the UFC heavyweight division will be lame, no matter if he fights Fedor, or not.

Lyoto Machida - still not really tested as a fighter, and possibly the best the UFC has to offer right now. Yet, a tremendous douchebag whenever he speaks to a microphone.

Anderson Silva - Laaame. Delivered three or four boring fights in a row. The best middleweight in the UFC would be Demian Maia, but the Silva hype might prevent him from getting the chance he deserves. Vitor Belfort and Mousasi would be the ones I personally would call the best middleweights in the world.

Georges St Pierre - a good fighter, but in a boring division. A UFC brand name, he will dodge the big names for the next few years; Sakurai, Diaz, Zaromskis.

BJ Penn - failed to impress in his fight against St Pierre, but is still the head of a weak division, apart from Kenny Florian. To make lightweight MMA interesting again, the UFC should try to contract Aoki Shinya, Eddie Alvarez (which they admittedly tried), or Joachim Hansen.

Not saying the UFC doesn't to offer a lot already, but IMO it's far from being the BEST MMA promotion, though surely the most popular.

And besides that, my profile is way outdated, ******.
    Your assessment of the UFC roster is entirely stupid. Congratulations.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW that was the worst hypothesis of anything I have ever read

Lyoto Machida is a Douche on the Mic?

Brock fightin at Heavy is like Anderson fighting at LW ???

170 UFC division is boring????

GTFO!!!

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock will get himself a belt and some cash, then head to ufc when he's squashed a few heavyweights in Strikeforce.

Posted On:

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Compared to other fight promotions, that's what I wanted to say.

Fights like Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites, Crocop vs Al Turk, or Coleman vs Bonnar are not really what one would call "positive promotion for MMA", or would one?

IMO, the UFC considerably lacks rules that allow attacks from a standing to a grounded opponent. In direct relation to this, I would count the fact that Dream's mammoth first round encourages more KOs, which is something we also don't see far too often in the UFC. (Not that I was that bloodthirsty, but you gotta give some spectacle from time to time.)

As to the fighters, let's shine a bit:

Brock Lesnar - SUPER heavyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
    You don't understand what I mean, let's have Anderson Silva go against the likes of BJ Penn. As long as he doesn't get an opponent of his own size, I guess the UFC heavyweight division will be lame, no matter if he fights Fedor, or not.

Lyoto Machida - still not really tested as a fighter, and possibly the best the UFC has to offer right now. Yet, a tremendous douchebag whenever he speaks to a microphone.

Anderson Silva - Laaame. Delivered three or four boring fights in a row. The best middleweight in the UFC would be Demian Maia, but the Silva hype might prevent him from getting the chance he deserves. Vitor Belfort and Mousasi would be the ones I personally would call the best middleweights in the world.

Georges St Pierre - a good fighter, but in a boring division. A UFC brand name, he will dodge the big names for the next few years; Sakurai, Diaz, Zaromskis.

BJ Penn - failed to impress in his fight against St Pierre, but is still the head of a weak division, apart from Kenny Florian. To make lightweight MMA interesting again, the UFC should try to contract Aoki Shinya, Eddie Alvarez (which they admittedly tried), or Joachim Hansen.

Not saying the UFC doesn't to offer a lot already, but IMO it's far from being the BEST MMA promotion, though surely the most popular.

And besides that, my profile is way outdated, ******.
    I feel like you're trolling. There's no way anyone could be this wrong about this many things.
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Machida:

YouTube - Lyoto Machida - Countdown to UFC 98, Karate

Didn't check if that's actually the interview where he tells about regarding himself as a samurai.

As to Brock...

That's not Brock, but somebody pretty similar to him:

YouTube - Bob Sapp Sucks

And, finally: :5umbrellaRelax a bit, people!

It's a matter of appeal and taste, not a matter of objectivity.

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Machida:

YouTube - Lyoto Machida - Countdown to UFC 98, Karate

Didn't check if that's actually the interview where he tells about regarding himself as a samurai.

As to Brock...

That's not Brock, but somebody pretty similar to him:

YouTube - Bob Sapp Sucks

And, finally: :5umbrellaRelax a bit, people!

It's a matter of appeal and taste, not a matter of objectivity.
    Bob Sapp is a bad wrestler at best, and nowhere near the caliber of physical specimen that Brock is. Also, he's a puss, and say what you will about Lesnar, he appears to not be so.

With regard to the Machida thing, do you not understand that they give them talking points when they do these interviews to up the hype? Listen to what a fighter says AFTER the fight to get an indication of their personality, not what they say before.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I feel like you're trolling. There's no way anyone could be this wrong about this many things.
    Sorry, not trolling, or not intending to do it.

We had a discussion about UFC vs Dream a while ago, where I stated basically the same things.

I simply don't like UFC as much as others do.
    No offense whatsoever was intended.

In Japan, people have the *Superhulk tournament*for people of Brock's size.
    Would it be so bad to open something alike to the UFC?

You know, the way Brock was treated seems in many ways similar to the way Kimbo was treated by EliteFC.

As to my original statement,
    maybe the comments about Georges St Pierre were too harsh.

As to Anderson Silva, the crowd was booing him against Leites, IIRC.
    And as to Penn starting to believe his own hype, I think we have a consensus here.

In any case, I feel like I need to apologize:
    Didn't want to offend anyone who likes the UFC.
    I for my part just think it's way less entertaining lately,
    apart from the brillant stuff Demian Maia does.
    Strikeforce maybe isn't any better, but IMO Sengoku and Dream.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :blob1:Again, missed your latest post while I was writing my own, Gabe. Sorry.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast