218358 Bullies, 7679 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 61
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 10:13am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think Belfort had the best chance of upsetting Fedor, and Affliction cluster fucked that pretty hard. Sometimes I really fucking hate this sport. I think I'm done watching heavyweights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  2. Lindz is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    2,998

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 11:29am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    TK won that fight the same way australia won its first gold medal at the winter olympics.

    YouTube - Speed Skating 1,000 Meters - Steven Bradbury 2002 Olympics
    Thanks mate I've wanted to see that video since about 5 minutes after the race and dad described it to me.
  3. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:26pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post



    Compared to other fight promotions, that's what I wanted to say.

    Fights like Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites, Crocop vs Al Turk, or Coleman vs Bonnar are not really what one would call "positive promotion for MMA", or would one?

    IMO, the UFC considerably lacks rules that allow attacks from a standing to a grounded opponent. In direct relation to this, I would count the fact that Dream's mammoth first round encourages more KOs, which is something we also don't see far too often in the UFC. (Not that I was that bloodthirsty, but you gotta give some spectacle from time to time.)

    As to the fighters, let's shine a bit:

    Brock Lesnar - SUPER heavyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
    You don't understand what I mean, let's have Anderson Silva go against the likes of BJ Penn. As long as he doesn't get an opponent of his own size, I guess the UFC heavyweight division will be lame, no matter if he fights Fedor, or not.

    Lyoto Machida - still not really tested as a fighter, and possibly the best the UFC has to offer right now. Yet, a tremendous douchebag whenever he speaks to a microphone.

    Anderson Silva - Laaame. Delivered three or four boring fights in a row. The best middleweight in the UFC would be Demian Maia, but the Silva hype might prevent him from getting the chance he deserves. Vitor Belfort and Mousasi would be the ones I personally would call the best middleweights in the world.

    Georges St Pierre - a good fighter, but in a boring division. A UFC brand name, he will dodge the big names for the next few years; Sakurai, Diaz, Zaromskis.

    BJ Penn - failed to impress in his fight against St Pierre, but is still the head of a weak division, apart from Kenny Florian. To make lightweight MMA interesting again, the UFC should try to contract Aoki Shinya, Eddie Alvarez (which they admittedly tried), or Joachim Hansen.

    Not saying the UFC doesn't to offer a lot already, but IMO it's far from being the BEST MMA promotion, though surely the most popular.




    And besides that, my profile is way outdated, ******.
    Your assessment of the UFC roster is entirely stupid. Congratulations.
  4. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:36pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW that was the worst hypothesis of anything I have ever read

    Lyoto Machida is a Douche on the Mic?

    Brock fightin at Heavy is like Anderson fighting at LW ???

    170 UFC division is boring????

    GTFO!!!
  5. Odacon is offline
    Odacon's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,634

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock will get himself a belt and some cash, then head to ufc when he's squashed a few heavyweights in Strikeforce.
  6. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post



    Compared to other fight promotions, that's what I wanted to say.

    Fights like Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites, Crocop vs Al Turk, or Coleman vs Bonnar are not really what one would call "positive promotion for MMA", or would one?

    IMO, the UFC considerably lacks rules that allow attacks from a standing to a grounded opponent. In direct relation to this, I would count the fact that Dream's mammoth first round encourages more KOs, which is something we also don't see far too often in the UFC. (Not that I was that bloodthirsty, but you gotta give some spectacle from time to time.)

    As to the fighters, let's shine a bit:

    Brock Lesnar - SUPER heavyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
    You don't understand what I mean, let's have Anderson Silva go against the likes of BJ Penn. As long as he doesn't get an opponent of his own size, I guess the UFC heavyweight division will be lame, no matter if he fights Fedor, or not.

    Lyoto Machida - still not really tested as a fighter, and possibly the best the UFC has to offer right now. Yet, a tremendous douchebag whenever he speaks to a microphone.

    Anderson Silva - Laaame. Delivered three or four boring fights in a row. The best middleweight in the UFC would be Demian Maia, but the Silva hype might prevent him from getting the chance he deserves. Vitor Belfort and Mousasi would be the ones I personally would call the best middleweights in the world.

    Georges St Pierre - a good fighter, but in a boring division. A UFC brand name, he will dodge the big names for the next few years; Sakurai, Diaz, Zaromskis.

    BJ Penn - failed to impress in his fight against St Pierre, but is still the head of a weak division, apart from Kenny Florian. To make lightweight MMA interesting again, the UFC should try to contract Aoki Shinya, Eddie Alvarez (which they admittedly tried), or Joachim Hansen.

    Not saying the UFC doesn't to offer a lot already, but IMO it's far from being the BEST MMA promotion, though surely the most popular.




    And besides that, my profile is way outdated, ******.
    I feel like you're trolling. There's no way anyone could be this wrong about this many things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  7. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:27pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!



    Machida:

    YouTube - Lyoto Machida - Countdown to UFC 98, Karate

    Didn't check if that's actually the interview where he tells about regarding himself as a samurai.



    As to Brock...


    That's not Brock, but somebody pretty similar to him:

    YouTube - Bob Sapp Sucks




    And, finally: :5umbrellaRelax a bit, people!

    It's a matter of appeal and taste, not a matter of objectivity.
  8. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:31pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post



    Machida:

    YouTube - Lyoto Machida - Countdown to UFC 98, Karate

    Didn't check if that's actually the interview where he tells about regarding himself as a samurai.



    As to Brock...


    That's not Brock, but somebody pretty similar to him:

    YouTube - Bob Sapp Sucks




    And, finally: :5umbrellaRelax a bit, people!

    It's a matter of appeal and taste, not a matter of objectivity.
    Bob Sapp is a bad wrestler at best, and nowhere near the caliber of physical specimen that Brock is. Also, he's a puss, and say what you will about Lesnar, he appears to not be so.

    With regard to the Machida thing, do you not understand that they give them talking points when they do these interviews to up the hype? Listen to what a fighter says AFTER the fight to get an indication of their personality, not what they say before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  9. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:36pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    I feel like you're trolling. There's no way anyone could be this wrong about this many things.
    Sorry, not trolling, or not intending to do it.

    We had a discussion about UFC vs Dream a while ago, where I stated basically the same things.

    I simply don't like UFC as much as others do.
    No offense whatsoever was intended.

    In Japan, people have the *Superhulk tournament*for people of Brock's size.
    Would it be so bad to open something alike to the UFC?

    You know, the way Brock was treated seems in many ways similar to the way Kimbo was treated by EliteFC.



    As to my original statement,
    maybe the comments about Georges St Pierre were too harsh.

    As to Anderson Silva, the crowd was booing him against Leites, IIRC.
    And as to Penn starting to believe his own hype, I think we have a consensus here.



    In any case, I feel like I need to apologize:
    Didn't want to offend anyone who likes the UFC.
    I for my part just think it's way less entertaining lately,
    apart from the brillant stuff Demian Maia does.
    Strikeforce maybe isn't any better, but IMO Sengoku and Dream.
  10. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:39pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :blob1:Again, missed your latest post while I was writing my own, Gabe. Sorry.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.