Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 7:23am

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But, he has 1 loss. Rickson was protecting a supposedly undefeated record ..

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 7:30am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A lot of people don't consider that a loss really.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 7:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is not necessary to pretend that we can read Fedor's mind in order to understand this decision. He doesn't sign if M-1 can't co-promote, period. The UFC wouldn't or couldn't do that, Strikeforce can and will. As far as actual information that we have, it's as simple as that. He is already the top heavyweight of all time, and he doesn't all of sudden suck now because he won't do what Dana White wants him to do.

The UFC doesn't have every worthwhile heavyweight on Earth, and with Fedor on the roster Strikeforce may be able to sign a higher proportion of top heavyweights than they would have before.

Here, FWIW and all that, is an MMA-ELO list of the top 20 fighters in the world between 206 and 265 lbs.

I kind of like a Fedor - Monson match. The Russian vs. the Anarchist! Plus Monson is going to need a lucrative match within the U.S. now.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 8:25am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah for Fedor!

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 8:49am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madrigan View Post

I kind of like a Fedor - Monson match. The Russian vs. the Anarchist! Plus Monson is going to need a lucrative match within the U.S. now.
    I have to admit Monson v Fedor would be interesting. Overeem would be ok too but apart from that there's not alot out there outside of the UFC.

But lets be honest we all wanna see Fedor vs Brock...well all except Fedor himself it seems.

Baracknophobic

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: JackOAllTradesMasterONone

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it would be just like Rocky IV, except most of us would be cheering for the Russian.
    Real Join Date: Nov. 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    "Driving without blood is surprisingly difficult."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:04am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman View Post
    But, he has 1 loss. Rickson was protecting a supposedly undefeated record ..
    TK won that fight the same way australia won its first gold medal at the winter olympics.

YouTube - Speed Skating 1,000 Meters - Steven Bradbury 2002 Olympics

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Fighters and Rules UFC is overrated [color=#ffd700]Rafael[/COLO"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: Rafael?

... riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Compared to other fight promotions, that's what I wanted to say.

Fights like Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites, Crocop vs Al Turk, or Coleman vs Bonnar are not really what one would call "positive promotion for MMA", or would one?

IMO, the UFC considerably lacks rules that allow attacks from a standing to a grounded opponent. In direct relation to this, I would count the fact that Dream's mammoth first round encourages more KOs, which is something we also don't see far too often in the UFC. (Not that I was that bloodthirsty, but you gotta give some spectacle from time to time.)

As to the fighters, let's shine a bit:

Brock Lesnar - SUPER heavyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
    You don't understand what I mean, let's have Anderson Silva go against the likes of BJ Penn. As long as he doesn't get an opponent of his own size, I guess the UFC heavyweight division will be lame, no matter if he fights Fedor, or not.

Lyoto Machida - still not really tested as a fighter, and possibly the best the UFC has to offer right now. Yet, a tremendous douchebag whenever he speaks to a microphone.

Anderson Silva - Laaame. Delivered three or four boring fights in a row. The best middleweight in the UFC would be Demian Maia, but the Silva hype might prevent him from getting the chance he deserves. Vitor Belfort and Mousasi would be the ones I personally would call the best middleweights in the world.

Georges St Pierre - a good fighter, but in a boring division. A UFC brand name, he will dodge the big names for the next few years; Sakurai, Diaz, Zaromskis.

BJ Penn - failed to impress in his fight against St Pierre, but is still the head of a weak division, apart from Kenny Florian. To make lightweight MMA interesting again, the UFC should try to contract Aoki Shinya, Eddie Alvarez (which they admittedly tried), or Joachim Hansen.

Not saying the UFC doesn't to offer a lot already, but IMO it's far from being the BEST MMA promotion, though surely the most popular.

And besides that, my profile is way outdated, ******.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 8/04/2009 9:30am at .

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:29am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post

Compared to other fight promotions, that's what I wanted to say.

Fights like Anderson Silva vs Thales Leites, Crocop vs Al Turk, or Coleman vs Bonnar are not really what one would call "positive promotion for MMA", or would one?

IMO, the UFC considerably lacks rules that allow attacks from a standing to a grounded opponent. In direct relation to this, I would count the fact that Dream's mammoth first round encourages more KOs, which is something we also don't see far too often in the UFC. (Not that I was that bloodthirsty, but you gotta give some spectacle from time to time.)

As to the fighters, let's shine a bit:

Brock Lesnar - SUPER heavyweight fighting in the heavyweight division.
    You don't understand what I mean, let's have Anderson Silva go against the likes of BJ Penn. As long as he doesn't get an opponent of his own size, I guess the UFC heavyweight division will be lame, no matter if he fights Fedor, or not.

Lyoto Machida - still not really tested as a fighter, and possibly the best the UFC has to offer right now. Yet, a tremendous douchebag whenever he speaks to a microphone.

Anderson Silva - Laaame. Delivered three or four boring fights in a row. The best middleweight in the UFC would be Demian Maia, but the Silva hype might prevent him from getting the chance he deserves. Vitor Belfort and Mousasi would be the ones I personally would call the best middleweights in the world.

Georges St Pierre - a good fighter, but in a boring division. A UFC brand name, he will dodge the big names for the next few years; Sakurai, Diaz, Zaromskis.

BJ Penn - failed to impress in his fight against St Pierre, but is still the head of a weak division, apart from Kenny Florian. To make lightweight MMA interesting again, the UFC should try to contract Aoki Shinya, Eddie Alvarez (which they admittedly tried), and Joachim Hansen.

Not saying the UFC has to offer a lot, but IMO it's far from being the BEST MMA promotion, though surely the most popular.

And besides that, my profile is way outdated, ******.
    The UFC is the best best promotion purely for the fact it has the best fighters.

I personally like the way DREAM do things but there's no way i could argue that it has the same qulaity of fighters. In fact if Dream, Strikeforce, M1 etc.. all combined they still would'nt have a talent pool that could compete.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    The UFC is the best best promotion purely for the fact it has the best fighters.

I personally like the way DREAM do things but there's no way i could argue that it has the same qulaity of fighters. In fact if Dream, Strikeforce, M1 etc.. all combined they still would'nt have a talent pool that could compete.
    I agree, but I think we can talk on the common consensus that things took a turn for the bad after the purchase of PRIDE. I mean, I really mourn Affliction, because some of the fights there were pretty spectacular.
    The fights in the UFC in general seem to become more and more soccer matches. - "Uh, there he scored. And there, and there, so it's 3-2 in the end."
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 8/04/2009 10:33am at .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast