Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:32am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fedor Signs multi fight deal w/ Strikeforce

Well seems like he doesnt want to fight in the UFC and is more concerned about M1 global than solidifying his position as the best heavy weight ever.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/upd...responds-18883

Fedor Emelianenko has signed a multi-fight agreement that will see the world’s No. 1-ranked heavyweight compete for Strikeforce, the promotion announced Monday.

Emelianenko, who became a free agent after Affliction Entertainment canceled its Aug. 1 event two weeks ago, will make his debut on Showtime under a co-promoted Strikeforce/M-1 Global production this fall. Emelianenko was to have faced Josh Barnett at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1, but Barnett failed a pre-fight test for an anabolic steroid and was refused licensure by the California State Athletic Commission.

"Strikeforce is a top fight promotion that houses some of the greatest fighters in the world," said Emelianenko in a press release. "I am prepared to fight any of them."

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told Sherdog.com last week that he plans to match the stoic Russian against the likes of Brett Rogers, Fabricio Werdum and the promotion’s heavyweight champion, Alistair Overeem.

“I feel pretty confident that we could give him four or five opponents that would make sense for him,” Coker told Sherdog.com in an exclusive video interview.

Emelianenko, along with his promoters and management team at M-1 Global, had negotiated with the UFC last week, but could not come to an agreement over co-promotion.

"Fedor is a f---ing joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"

White also addressed fans: "I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best, and doesn't give a sh-t about the fans!"

This article was updated at 3:52 p.m. EST and 7:35 p.m. EST with quotes from Dana White that the UFC's PR Director Jennifer Wenk sent directly to Sherdog.com.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'm starting to agree with Dana.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it'll be interesting if he loses to one of these guys.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 2:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing that maybe should be mentioned:

Fedor is a shareholder of M1, and if I know that, Dana surely knows that as well. (Source: bloodyelbow, but some time ago only. Sorry that I can't provide a link.)

Besides, fighter-wise, and rules-wise, the UFc is greatly overrated.

So, Fedor - Overreem would definitely be a match I'd like to see.

BESIDES, who in the world who is rich enough to have a choice would like to work for DANA WHITE?!

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 2:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is retarded... wtf is wrong with fight management and why can't we get any fucking numbers???

You think it's possible Strike Force paid him more and gave him a much more sensible contract? I could defiantly see that as a possibility, it's just getting too weird now.

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 3:02am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm also starting to agree with Dana, I cant help but think Fedor wants to 'protect' his record rather than test himself against the best HW's out there.

I'm sure after all the hype Dana wanted to prove that 'he's still the man and will give the fans what they want' that's why i think the UFC probably offered better money than strikeforce. (He also said they would'nt stop Fedor from fighting in Sambo comps.)

Fedor is doing a Rickson.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 8/04/2009 3:10am at .

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 3:50am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 6:30am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor hates the Dana White. Plus he wants to promote M1 global. That's all I can think of.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 6:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 7:16am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor can go **** himself for all I care. He is running scared,, either from Brock Lesnar or the Russian Mafia who control him.

I agree he is doing a Rickson
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast