Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 9:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tell them that you would like either a ball gag and a case of KY jelly, or MT lessons.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 10:42am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Muay Thai is probably the most rewarding sport one could compete in.

Your cardio becomes ridiculous within a year of hard training, you become MUCH more comfortable in the clinch, and even if you never compete your striking with hands and legs will be WAY ahead of someone who just does typical TKD or goes to some krotty dojo.

You need to tell your dad to stop being a little bitch. His fear is about as rational as me saying "Nah man, I don't ever go inside cars, I WAS ALMOST IN AN ACCIDENT ONCE MAN, I CAN'T FUCKING DO IT ANYMORE!!!".

Here are 3 options.

1.) Be a fucking man and tell them just how god damn important it is to be well rounded as a fighter.

2.) Guilt trip them, tell me they're robbing you of an experience and explain how necessary good striking is when more then 1 guy is attacking you.

3.) Like option 1, just bring as MANY fucking numbers and comparative statistics as you can. There should be some studies from 2000 and such.

Extra.

4.) Jab, straight, liver shot, right hook, round kick.
    I'm pretty sure they just fear anything pertaining to boxing sadly

1 they don't care about me being able to fight, at all in any way.

2 again they don't care, I've never been beat up by another kid (excluding my brother)

3 all that comes up on the web goes along the lines of "OMG MT IS DA BADEST EVA!!!!@#@###11`11111" (but I'm trying this)

4 good plan :)

...edit...

http://www.hotfrog.com/Companies/LA-...an-Diego-10136
    Last edited by Sley; 8/03/2009 10:51am at .

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 12:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if your parents are educated, but obviously not to intelligent (no offense), you need to explain the benefits on a performance level, explain the type of sparring they do, and show them that TYPICAL Muay Thai is a chess match; starts slow, picks up toward the middle, and I'd have to say 60%-70% end with a decision.

Dude I'm sorry but Muay Thai was the first martial art I ever took seriously and it helped me out in more ways then I can name. Your dilemma is really pissing me off.

Could you possibly say "Okay, what if when I move out I get into an altercation with two or more people, try to grapple and in the process get my head kicked in? Would you rather I suffer because you were scared?"

Here's why this argument COULD work.

1. You live in Chicago. Even if you live in the burbs or whatever, Chicago is not a bitch state, so if you move into the city when your down with college then there is a higher possibility for **** to happen over there (maybe get some violent crime statistics about your state).

2. Emphasis on explaining the term "IRRATIONAL FEAR". Be a dick about it. Ask them not to drive anymore because they could crash. Ask them to not to eat solid food anymore because they could choke and etc... This a childish and stupid plan though it fits perfectly because your fathers fear is childish and stupid. There's a difference between good parenting and over coddling.

P.S. Ask your dad to teach you how to strike and insist he spar with you until he signs the waiver. Every time he says no just windmill and scream. This would be lulzy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 10:39pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wrestling, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to get into a fight with more than one person and lose
    then explain to your parents how the BJJ couldn't work because you can only grapple one person at a time

P.S How have you never got beat up by someone(besides your brother) do you not fight often or are you just that good?

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 11:29pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just start wildly and ineffectually kicking and punching both your parents in public at random, do not under any circumstances make the techniques look good, connect or resemble any type of fighting style. The main thing is to look like you're spazzing out. They will be puzzled as to your actions and behaviour so you must explain to them that it is not you, it is your untrained limbs.
    Proceed to explain that you are as disappointed in the behaviour of your arms and legs as your parents, that you are embarrassed and ashamed by how they act and have tried BJJ to whip them into shape. Go on to say that you wanted to send your untrained limbs to a TKD summer camp where they would be happy jumping around, playing games/ LARPing and learning nothing of real world substance, but now they need to be punished and disciplined through the somewhat harsh, but ultimately rewarding, Muay Thai.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 12:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KarelinLifter View Post
    You need to get into a fight with more than one person and lose
    then explain to your parents how the BJJ couldn't work because you can only grapple one person at a time

P.S How have you never got beat up by someone(besides your brother) do you not fight often or are you just that good?
    I'm just that good.

Basic throws go a long way on T3h street
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345