Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherserge View Post
    I just don't think Brock's striking is very good, he doesn't put much behind it, its just that he's a giant roid-monster.
    If you check my previous post I don't think Brock's striking will have much to do with him winning; rather it will be his wrestling and Fedor's lack of ability to reverse or submit from the bottom.

Another fight that will likely end all this Fedor/not-Fedor argument is the ADCC. I'm really looking forward to Fedor competing there, it would really tell us something about his approach to submissions on the ground.
    Last I checked Fedor's management said that was a rumor and he isn't actually competing.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    His fight with Herring went to the judges.

p.s You can't analyse a fighter's strengths and weaknesses from 4 fights. You wouldn't ask 4 people their opinion on something and call it a survey.
    I said the numbers were misleading. I also said that Brock used his wrestling skills to gain a dominant position for a gnp. So one cannot assume from the mere percentages that he is a striker.

My point was to show that Fedor was not a striker by his percentages , and then posted Brocks percentages to show how the percentages could be misleading, since even thought s larger % of his wins come via strikes, he isnt classified as a striker.

Thats why the numbers are misleading.

I stand corrected on the Herring fight. It was so lackluster that it slipped my mind.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 1:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Numbers aren't bullshit, the bullshit one coats them in is bullshit.

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 3:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Cephalopod View Post
    If you check my previous post I don't think Brock's striking will have much to do with him winning; rather it will be his wrestling and Fedor's lack of ability to reverse or submit from the bottom.
    We haven't yet seen Brock fight anyone that matters. Fedor has beaten dudes in their prime, not overtired, faded-out, mixed record douches.

Last I checked Fedor's management said that was a rumor and he isn't actually competing.
    Last I spoke with a Russian who is training Fedor, they were prepping for ADCC. There is a really good chance that Fedor's management is going the Whorian-angle and making a "Ruskie-Rickson" out of him, which would suck.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 4:06pm

Style: ex-Chunner, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So is there going to be an actual fight? o.O

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 5:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battusai View Post
    So is there going to be an actual fight? o.O
    WTF? Another Sherdog mod has signed up?!
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 5:37pm

Style: ex-Chunner, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not from Sherdog....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 8:53pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34 View Post
    I said the numbers were misleading. I also said that Brock used his wrestling skills to gain a dominant position for a gnp. So one cannot assume from the mere percentages that he is a striker.

My point was to show that Fedor was not a striker by his percentages , and then posted Brocks percentages to show how the percentages could be misleading, since even thought s larger % of his wins come via strikes, he isnt classified as a striker.

I stand corrected on the Herring fight. It was so lackluster that it slipped my mind.
    Uh. I don't mean to be rude but many of Fedor's subs comes from beating the **** out of the opponent with strikes first.

Fujita, Sylvia, Coleman II and Schall.

His last Nog fight was mostly a standup affair and the CC one too.

It's not like he instantaneously goes for the takedown in all his fights. That was the case with Schilt and HMC but in every other fight I've seen with him he's content with exchanging in the standup with anyone.

Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:06pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 265lbsfist View Post
    Uh. I don't mean to be rude but many of Fedor's subs comes from beating the **** out of the opponent with strikes first.

Fujita, Sylvia, Coleman II and Schall.

His last Nog fight was mostly a standup affair and the CC one too.

It's not like he instantaneously goes for the takedown in all his fights. That was the case with Schilt and HMC but in every other fight I've seen with him he's content with exchanging in the standup with anyone.

Let me post this AGAIN for the slower readers in here...

Quote Originally Posted by oldman34

Hope that helped a bit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 9:40pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman34 View Post
    Also, notice I said attempt at humility. ATTEMPT. He is about as humble as Kim Jong Il.

What did it have to do with then? He punched Randy in the face. Thats a strike.

I hope you mean Fedors, and I hope you dont mean that I have a huge respect for his (Fedors) stand up. I already said that he isnt a striker. I also never said I had any respect for either of thems striking.

Who Brock or Fedor?

Do you know what each of the fighters in question look like? Your post wanders a bit.
    Fedor. No one has listed Brock's losses in MMA fights to wrestlers (with good reason)

I found your comparing Fedor's striking to Lesnar's striking (saying they looked pretty close) to be indicative of a lack of respect of Fedor's striking.

And the fact that he won by a strike doesn't mean he's a good striker was my point. Anyone can throw A punch. a professional level striking game is notably different.

And I know you said attempt. Is that perhaps why I ALSO said the word attempt? Why would you italicize the word (then repeat it in capitals)as if I had overlooked it? I used it myself. I USED IT MYSELF
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast