Y SO SRIUS?

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 6:49am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniq View Post
    As much as they want to hype Cock Lesnar's hands I'm not biting. I saw his training high lights and his hands were ****. They were slllloooooowwww, bad technique, so on. I think that trainer is starting to believe the bs he's feeding the reporters and Lesnar. If he wasn't such a good wrestler and SOOO HUGE he wouldn't be anywere near the UFC.
    ...QFT...

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 7:09am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I am not a huge Brock fan you have to take into account that the man is big, strong, fast, aggressive and a damn good wrestler. Every day that the fight is delayed is a day in which his other skills are improving. Even with only moderate striking and jiu jitsu skills he is going to be major player for a long time.

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 7:10am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or until people figure him out ala Tito, Matt Hughes and a host of others over the years.

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 10:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do people keep bringing up the Arlovski fight as proof that Fedor is weak on his feet? Arlovski did next to no damage to him. Seems to me that Fedor was simply waiting for him to make a mistake rather than go on an early heavy offensive himself, like he did against Sylvia. It paid off - Arlovski made his mistake and paid for it. He never had Fedor in any danger.

Brock is a one-trick pony, but it's a 265 pound pony with more horsepower than a tank. Fedor does not have especially good takedown defense and would get taken down and hammerfisted into oblivion if they fought. If he is to beat Lesnar, I'd say he'd have to do it standing.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not disputing the rest of your post, but in the four real fights Brock has had, in which the majority of time was indeed spent in top position, when has he ever thrown an effective series of elbows?
    He hasn't, but my point is, if Fedor tried to escape the hammerfists of Brock the way he did with Hunt, he would be puting his head under Brock's elbow to do so.

The 'legal elbows disadvantage the ex-Pride fighter' argument seems to overlook to fact that a guy whose career was highlighted by vicious ground and pound would be even more vicious with the use of his own elbows.
    The problem being that he would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS be on top of Brock.

Why do people keep bringing up the Arlovski fight as proof that Fedor is weak on his feet?
    Because his boxing was garbage in that fight?

However, Fedor's shitty striking doesn't need any introduction, it sucks in every one of his fights. He's the Dan Henderson of the HWs. Yes, he can KO people. No he is not a technical striker. AT ALL.

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:47pm

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Brock is a one-trick pony, but it's a 265 pound pony with more horsepower than a tank. Fedor does not have especially good takedown defense and would get taken down and hammerfisted into oblivion if they fought. If he is to beat Lesnar, I'd say he'd have to do it standing.
    Brock is as low as 265 for about 2 hours during the weigh in. At fight time he has to be back to 280, if not more.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    The problem being that he would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS be on top of Brock.

However, Fedor's shitty striking doesn't need any introduction, it sucks in every one of his fights. He's the Dan Henderson of the HWs. Yes, he can KO people. No he is not a technical striker. AT ALL.
    Again, the test of whether he could get Brock down is the big question, but hyperbole aside, to say Fedor's striking sucks in everyone of his fights is slightly ridiculous.

Taking his last two fights for example, he was breaking even with Arlovski before knocking him dead, and Sylvia lasted all of.. what twenty seconds on the feet?

I'm aware that Sylvia isn't as feared a striker as he usd to be, but I'd still put his striking skills well ahead of Brock's.

By contrast, lets look at Brock's last couple fights. He had nothing for Couture standing, and in the second Mir fight, Brock aknowledged being hurt by the half assed knee Frank threw at him.

To say that Fedor could never in a million years put Brock off balance with his hands, and either by knockdown, or takedown put him on the ground on bottom? Lets be realistic. Brock is an excellent wrestler, whose size and athleticism make it a very bad night for anyone he can get on top of.

However, his stand up has looked mediocre at best in his fights to date and while he can still improve, Fedor has dominated more top level strikers than Brock has had fights.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 3:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor's more explosive than Frank Mir's ever been, and with a(n at least) comparable bottom game. He's just better everywhere else and didn't have to rely on winning fights from there.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Fedor's more explosive than Frank Mir's ever been, and with a(n at least) comparable bottom game.
    What has Fedor ever done that suggests his bottom game is comparable to Mir?
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick & Submit View Post
    Arlovski seemed to be holding his own though ... he was bringing it to Fedor and got caught with a chance shot.

That's MMA.

No. He did not "hold his own" against Fedor. It's very clear that Fedor ALLOWED Arlovski to pepper him with some strikes that would do nothing, avoided anything important and then seemingly, at will, broke Arlovski with a strike so hard it changed the direction of his inertia.

By the way, it's not really known, but right before this fight, Fedor had been making a movie in Asia and sort of forgot about the fight until the very last minute, didn't train for it, and then flew in, weighed in, won, then went back to filming his movie.
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 8/03/2009 5:39pm at .
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast