Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:45pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would be willing to put a reasonable sum of money on the proposition that running into Fedor with a dump truck would not result in a KO.
    That being said, the longer Lesnar trains the better chance he will have of beating Fedor simple because Fedor will get older and Lesnar will get better. I would love to see that fight some time in the next 12-18 months and would definitely bet on Fedor to win. Brock wouldn't be the first monster he's fought.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 2:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    I would be willing to put a reasonable sum of money on the proposition that running into Fedor with a dump truck would not result in a KO.
    That being said, the longer Lesnar trains the better chance he will have of beating Fedor simple because Fedor will get older and Lesnar will get better. I would love to see that fight some time in the next 12-18 months and would definitely bet on Fedor to win. Brock wouldn't be the first monster he's fought.
    Lesnar is what, a year or two younger? I don't think age will play in to it.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 2:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll wager a bet saying Fedor's body has had an easier life than Brock's, too.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 3:26pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? I had the impression that Fedor had 8-9 years on Brock. Are they that close in age? If that's the case then Fedor will never lose to Brock. Holy ****... He didn't spend a couple of years in a pro-wrestling meatgrinder either.
    So yeah, if the age difference is only 2-3 years then Brock is fucked.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 8:13pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: JKD - FMA - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    I think you should fight your own battles.

That being said, Brock is not faster than Fedor. Brock is faster than >99% of all 290 lb. humans in the world, but he is not faster than a man noted for being fast at 230 lb.

Arlovski was also not kicking Fedor's ass by any stretch of the imagination. That man has pulled himself out of much more trouble before, a couple of leg kicks and a handful of straight punches just don't mean anything against Fedor. Especially from someone we knew was going to rely on striking, and doubly so when said striker gets KO'd in such spectacular fashion.

I highly doubt your friend has been paying enough attention to say with any certainty that Fedor is getting "more and more out of shape".

Also, Frank Mir did the wrong thing. Fedor's smart enough to learn from that lesson.

That being said, Brock has as good or better of a chance to win than anyone has in a long while.
    Arlovski seemed to be holding his own though ... he was bringing it to Fedor and got caught with a chance shot.

That's MMA.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 8:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if this fight doesn't happen soon, I predict that Brock will be found dead from a roids-attack, alone in a hotel room-old rassler style. The clock is ticking.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 8:52pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick & Submit View Post
    Arlovski seemed to be holding his own though ... he was bringing it to Fedor and got caught with a chance shot.

That's MMA.
    Re-watch the fight, and try to find some slow-mo replays. I know they're kicking around the forums somewhere. At first glance it might look like Arlovski was "bringing it", but most of his punches either missed completely or rolled off Fedor's shoulders. Damn near none of them landed clean.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor has only faced four fighters with serious wrestling ability in his career.

Matt Lindland - was 40 pounds lighter than Fedor and still had him off the ground before Fedor grabbed the ropes to defend the takedown.

Ricardo Arona - was 30 pounds lighter and dominated the wrestling, spent most of the first two rounds mounted on Fedor and lost a decision because RINGS was retarded.

Kevin Randleman - is made exclusively out of fast-twitch muscles and concentrated failure, but still almost killed Fedor with a suplex before getting subbed.

Mark Coleman - literally did not train at all during the periods in which he fought Fedor. Still dominated the takedowns and had Fedor's back with both hooks, before eventually getting armbarred.

Brock's wrestling credentials are on par with Randleman's and only slightly behind coleman and Couture's, and he has a sixty pound weight advantage. If Brock comes out intending to take Fedor down and keep him there, there is nothing in Fedor's career that indicates Fedor will be able to stop him. And given that Fedor's only subs from the bottom in the last ten years have come against people who literally did not train submissions, Fedor being able to armbar Brock is far from a foregone conclusion.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark Hunt was able to hold Fedor down. With his **** wrestling and his fat gut. Brock has extremely good wrestling. Fedor doesn't. Brock has the Hammer-Fist-of-Death (C) and would be allowed to elbow Fedor, something he's never had to deal with before.

Brock via DEATH.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 4:59am

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    Brock has the Hammer-Fist-of-Death (C) and would be allowed to elbow Fedor, something he's never had to deal with before.
    Not disputing the rest of your post, but in the four real fights Brock has had, in which the majority of time was indeed spent in top position, when has he ever thrown an effective series of elbows?

The 'legal elbows disadvantage the ex-Pride fighter' argument seems to overlook to fact that a guy whose career was highlighted by vicious ground and pound would be even more vicious with the use of his own elbows.

Now, whether Fedor could put Brock on the ground remains to be seen, but if he did, that's the way I see him beating Brock, much moreso than by armbar.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast