Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:19am

Style: Savate, Combatives(BJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Brock vs. Fedor Arguement

Probably already done, but I've been getting **** from one of my buddies because I think Fedor would break Lesnar's cocksword in two..

..and he seems to think that Brock is the "Future of MMA" and that Fedor is "Past his prime and is fighting has-beens" and is "Hiding in Russia"

This debate between us has been going on since UFC 100 and since neither of us seems to be giving ground, I figured you guys could impart some old fashioned Bullshido wisdom on the matter, and give your thoughts as to who would win and why.

From my Cock Chestner loving buddy:
    (Forgive the mispelling, copied and pasted as was written)

"heres why i think he wont get dominated
    first off
    frank mir is a master at jiu jitsu
    he couldnt do **** on the ground

second off
    i dont think fedor is as good as he once was
    arlovski was kicking his ass till that bounce off the ropes hook he got nailed by
    third, hes much more powerful and faster than fedor
    he fights like a much smaller HW
    as far as speed goes
    and fedor is getting more and more out of shape"

So, what you guys think?

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate all of this. ****/Fight/get over it...who gives a ****.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you should fight your own battles.

That being said, Brock is not faster than Fedor. Brock is faster than >99% of all 290 lb. humans in the world, but he is not faster than a man noted for being fast at 230 lb.

Arlovski was also not kicking Fedor's ass by any stretch of the imagination. That man has pulled himself out of much more trouble before, a couple of leg kicks and a handful of straight punches just don't mean anything against Fedor. Especially from someone we knew was going to rely on striking, and doubly so when said striker gets KO'd in such spectacular fashion.

I highly doubt your friend has been paying enough attention to say with any certainty that Fedor is getting "more and more out of shape".

Also, Frank Mir did the wrong thing. Fedor's smart enough to learn from that lesson.

That being said, Brock has as good or better of a chance to win than anyone has in a long while.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:55am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As much as they want to hype Cock Lesnar's hands I'm not biting. I saw his training high lights and his hands were ****. They were slllloooooowwww, bad technique, so on. I think that trainer is starting to believe the bs he's feeding the reporters and Lesnar. If he wasn't such a good wrestler and SOOO HUGE he wouldn't be anywere near the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 2:57am

Style: BJJ and being beaten up

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that brock is a force to be reckoned with, but he is stoppable. Emelianenko is somebody that exploits peoples weaknesses. for example, against Coleman, he arm-barred him when he tried a typical wrestling style pin with the arm. brock is an amazing athlete but he has holes in his game. he will be beaten believe you me. it just might take a little time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 4:20am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yah I agree, I think Brock Lobster will take him Fedor down, try to rape choke him like he did mir, and then get armbarred (in the first round). Fedor definitely has the advantage in striking, so Lobster's best chance is GnP. But yah, Fedor I think.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 5:51am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they fought Fedor should beat Brock. He's quicker , more explosive, far more technical both standing up and on the ground.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 6:10am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fedor is the better overall fighter, there's no doubt in my mind about that, but Brock is a world class wrestler and with all his weight stands a hell of a chance. I'd like to see Brock get his ass handed to him by a fighter as humble as Fedor, but who knows how it'll turn out?
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couture was doing well against brock, and he's half his fuckin' size! A lucky punch won the fight for Cock Lobster.

Fedor doesn't have a weak chin, though. Not saying Randy does, but he's been KO'd more times then Fedor...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:07pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After watching the Randleman suplex video, I'm not convinced that anything Lesnar can do to Fedor could result in a KO.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast