Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 10:41pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What would you reach for?

Alright boys and girls, its time to discuss your weapons system a bit. That's right, SHTF situation discussion! This could be anything from zombies eating the brains of everyone in town to commies invading home soil, but you have to have your arsenal ready, and you can't take everything with you, so you have to take what you trust or feel most comfortable with. A rifle, carbine, handgun, shotgun, whatever. Don't pack too heavy, though. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You're a part of our last line of defense, so pick what you trust out of what you have now. What are your primary and secondary arms of choice?

My weapons system is pretty straight forward and geared toward what I'm most comfortable with: A Glock 23 and a Remington 700 SPS. Something lightweight and maneuverable for close encounters, and something to keep the enemy at bay as best as possible from as far away as I can be. If I'm staking out someplace, I'd like to have a Saiga 12 nearby, but unfortunately I haven't quite saved up enough money to pick one of those sweet thangs yet. Very soon, however... Very soon...

So take your pick and tell me why.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mossberg 590A1 with Speedfeed stock loaded with alternating buckshot and slugs and an M4 carbine.

I'd take the Mossberg for stopping power and its ability to take out multiple targets rapidly, while the M4 would be used for long range accuracy and close-quarters fighting (sounds oxymoronic, I know).

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 10:55pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife is Irish and Indian (native american).

Great gal, sweet darling woman, but you don't talk to her until she has at least one cup of coffee in her system.

Middle of the night?

"Wake up honey - someone want's to talk to you".

Step back, unlock front door and then go to gun cabinet. Bullets are expensive lately if you haven't noticed.

Wife won't wake up handily,

Grab 1911 and killer ankle biter dog (trained to carry chew ball or flashlight).

SKS sporter for second choice as I'm too poor and haven't got around to getting that wanted AR-10 to date.

Have never replaced shotguns from burglary years ago, otherwise......

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 11:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post
    Mossberg 590A1 with Speedfeed stock loaded with alternating buckshot and slugs and an M4 carbine.

I'd take the Mossberg for stopping power and its ability to take out multiple targets rapidly, while the M4 would be used for long range accuracy and close-quarters fighting (sounds oxymoronic, I know).
    Not an oxymoron at all. M4s are an all around carbine. Anywhere from a few feet to 200 yards without special optics should be fine. 300-400 with optics. I picked the 700 SPS for targets out to 500-600, which is about as far as I can shoot decently right now.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 1:03pm

Style: MT noob, BJJ even noober

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess it depends on how tin foil hat-ey we want to go, but I'm thinking that a combination of the following arms [that I have in the safe/ around the house] would work in almost any SHFT situation: scoped 10/22, Remington 870 express magnum, USP in .40, and either a SKS/AK or M4.

If we're talking Z0MGZ NUCULUR DISASTER!!! or some other disaster where no one is around the .22 would allow you to take small game that'll keep you alive. Plus, I probably have enough rounds of .22 in bulk packs to last for a long time. I guess you can also shoot through the eyez of the invading comunistas and let it do the deadly rattle around in the brain thing that we've all heard about!

12 guage is your ultimate short to short-medium range arm with various loadings of slugs or assorted shot. Allows for the taking of bigger game or ULTIMATE zombie destruction (FTW!).

I'd assume I'd want a sidearm and the USP is pretty much the most reliable thing I've got.

There is an obvious advantage of having a rifle in 7.62 or .223/5.56 if we are thinking about invading Russians or having NATO ammo laying around. Plus the advantage of having a longer range rifle is nice.

So of course lugging all of those around wouldn't be practical and I guess it would depend on the SHTF situation which combo to go with:

1. Invasion- M4 or AK/SKS and the USP
    2. Disaster - .22lr and 870
    3. Zombies - 870 and SKS

Holy ****... now I sound like a conspiracy theorist! :phil2:

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thaclient View Post
    I guess it depends on how tin foil hat-ey we want to go, but I'm thinking that a combination of the following arms [that I have in the safe/ around the house] would work in almost any SHFT situation: scoped 10/22, Remington 870 express magnum, USP in .40, and either a SKS/AK or M4.

If we're talking Z0MGZ NUCULUR DISASTER!!! or some other disaster where no one is around the .22 would allow you to take small game that'll keep you alive. Plus, I probably have enough rounds of .22 in bulk packs to last for a long time. I guess you can also shoot through the eyez of the invading comunistas and let it do the deadly rattle around in the brain thing that we've all heard about!

12 guage is your ultimate short to short-medium range arm with various loadings of slugs or assorted shot. Allows for the taking of bigger game or ULTIMATE zombie destruction (FTW!).

I'd assume I'd want a sidearm and the USP is pretty much the most reliable thing I've got.

There is an obvious advantage of having a rifle in 7.62 or .223/5.56 if we are thinking about invading Russians or having NATO ammo laying around. Plus the advantage of having a longer range rifle is nice.

So of course lugging all of those around wouldn't be practical and I guess it would depend on the SHTF situation which combo to go with:

1. Invasion- M4 or AK/SKS and the USP
    2. Disaster - .22lr and 870
    3. Zombies - 870 and SKS

Holy ****... now I sound like a conspiracy theorist! :phil2:
    With Mutants and Ghouls to take care of, Commies should be your last worry! Not to mention the rednecks up in Maine in the new expansion...

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Bar View Post

HOLY CRAP! That is exactly what I have, down to the ammo...with buckshot the first in the chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 3:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ak-47, and a glock 19.

AK, because lets face it, its more reliable then the M4, or so I've been told by people more knowledgeable then myself. Its accurate, sturdy, reliable, and shoots a pretty good sized bullet.

side arm? Glock 19. Sure, while 9mm isn't ideal IIRC, it makes up for it in ammo capacity, as well as being sturdy and reliable.

And so damned good looking!

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mossberg 500 18" 20ga. for that special up-close feeling. I should get one in 12ga with a slug barrel.

This and that around the house in .45 ACP and 9MM, there's probably a couple or 3 .38's someplace too. Don't want to ever be too far away when you need it.

Rifles, for that reach out and touch something opportunity - long-range set up, medium-range battle rifle and close-quarters carbine in 7.62X51, rinse-lather-repeat in 5.56X45. A couple or 3 .22LR's because it's taken more small game than any other caliber in history, I betcha, and a .22 to the head from 50 yards is probably darned annoying.

Ammo to feed the horde - well, we weren't using that closet for anything anyway. If you're tight with your local gun community it's NEVER that hard to find affordable ammo, usually by the case. Sealed milsurp battle packs are your friend. 4WD vehicle to haul it with, check.

Pick what you want - I'd be happy with one of each, doesn't much matter, they all hypothetically work fine and get used regularly so it's pretty much what can be grabbed easily.

This IS all hypothetical, right? I mean, it's not like I own guns or anything - guns are scary.

Posted On:
    8/02/2009 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1 View Post
    ak-47, and a glock 19.

AK, because lets face it, its more reliable then the M4, or so I've been told by people more knowledgeable then myself. Its accurate, sturdy, reliable, and shoots a pretty good sized bullet.

side arm? Glock 19. Sure, while 9mm isn't ideal IIRC, it makes up for it in ammo capacity, as well as being sturdy and reliable.

And so damned good looking!

GOOD MOOSE! Its good to have somebody else around here that thinks Glocks look slick. Most people think they're ugly, and I friggin love mine.

By the way, if you use the right loads of 9mm you can actually exceed the chances of a 1 shot stop that a .45 230gr ball has, which is pretty damn good. I'd suggest a +P+ Gold Dot for maximum release of energy into the target.
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast