Page 2 of 13 First 12345612 ... Last
  1. #11
    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge. Join us... or die
    Gabetuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That assertion is dumb for two reasons: 1, Fedor has taken on much better fighters for a lot less in the past, and 2, Fedor is not calling the shots here, his organization is. To imply that Fedor has final say over a Russian Mob controlled fight organization is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.



  2. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    486
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    I don't think he's holding out for more money personally, I think it's his groupies and managers. I think they're trying to milk this to get a number of concessions for M-1.

    I don't really have a lot of sympathy for either. For one, not many other big name promotions could afford Fedor and find worthy fights for him, so he could be potentially shooting himself in the foot. On the other hand, I think Zuffa is getting to be way too big for it's own good and needs some more real competition like Pride/Dream and Affliction. What they're pushing for would put M-1 on a more equal footing with Zuffa. Having one big, dominating organization is very bad for both fighters and MMA in general, in my view.

    If anything because of that I'm going to lean more towards Fedor's camp.
    So you'd prefer to have loads of different organisations with their own champions who never fight each other, like err.....boxing?
    I like the fact that I can name every title holder in the UFC, I don't want to try and explain to someone that Brock Lesnar is the UFC HW champ and Fedor is the Dream HW champ and some big fat bastard is the Pride HW champ and not they have never fought each other but hell Fedor knocked out some fat **** the other day so he must be the best. **** that ****, I hope the UFC take over the world. Hell Dana White for President

  3. #13
    T3h R34l Gangnam Style! staff
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way. The source of the info is Dave Meltzer. So it should be reliable.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    120
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    That assertion is dumb for two reasons: 1, Fedor has taken on much better fighters for a lot less in the past, and 2, Fedor is not calling the shots here, his organization is. To imply that Fedor has final say over a Russian Mob controlled fight organization is just silly.
    I don't know if the Russian mob is involved or not, but either way we don't know what is in the contract between Fedor and M-1. He may be contractually obligated to turn down deals that don't include co-promotion. He may not be allowed to accept or turn down deals at all. He wouldn't be the first athlete to sign a very disadvantageous contract, and that's assuming they don't have a literal or figurative gun to his head.

    I think the more interesting question is why M-1 wouldn't take a deal like this... if there really was a deal like this on the table. The M-1 guys don't seem stupid, getting all that M-1 logo stuff on a huge PPV plus a cut of the cash for the event seems like the best deal they can hope for.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    421
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what percentage Fedor gets from that deal.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    60
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know what Fedor is thinking
    but I do know I want Fedor to whoop some Brock Lesnar ass

    go FEDOR!!!

  7. #17
    Whacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,293
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstu31s View Post
    So you'd prefer to have loads of different organisations with their own champions who never fight each other, like err.....boxing?
    I like the fact that I can name every title holder in the UFC, I don't want to try and explain to someone that Brock Lesnar is the UFC HW champ and Fedor is the Dream HW champ and some big fat bastard is the Pride HW champ and not they have never fought each other but hell Fedor knocked out some fat **** the other day so he must be the best. **** that ****, I hope the UFC take over the world. Hell Dana White for President
    No, I prefer a balance. Something that ensures that fighters have a good selection of organizations and that they're not necessarily limited to one, and enough self-sustaining promotional groups that will hopefully ensure that fighters don't become spoiled brats demanding ridiculous payouts like in other professional sports. Wishful thinking though, I must be hitting the crack pipe a bit too much lately. Finally Dana White needs to learn some goddamn tact and how to shut the **** up every once in awhile.

  8. #18
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,442
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So wait,
    M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.
    Great, a leak that doesn't say Fedor turned anything down. So, how is he running?

  9. #19
    Siniq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    the woods of eastern Europe
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

    "That was grappling. Real MMA."

    "Where do I go for that?"

    I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

    I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

  10. #20
    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge. Join us... or die
    Gabetuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is this guy, and could he ride M-1's jock any harder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.



Page 2 of 13 First 12345612 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO