Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 2:45pm

Style: TaeKwonDo and Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here was the response that I just got back...

"He was a member club and instructor from the western NY region. He WAS offered a position (having to do with our new-at that time--Olympic Sparring Program) which he declined for lack of belief in it's viability!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2009 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might be using inferior google-fu, but I can't seems to find a website for this US Taekwondo Instructor's union (Abbreviated USTIC).

On the same note of google-fu... I can't seem to find anything on this USTMF in the Genting higlands of malaysia for the year 2005. Well, I did find out some information about the USTMF, but it only appears on his website,

I shot them an email about it anyways.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2009 11:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm proud to say I have never formally trained with this man or his bastardization of martial arts. However, 2 of his "Kwok Wu Chuen" schools are located within 30 miles of my house and I even stopped by one of them.

A couple years ago I was working for my godfather and his son kept talking about the training he was getting. I stopped by and graciously asked permission to train. What a load of bullshit (this is not a time for bullshido jokes). None of the kids could throw a mae geri front kick without swinging their arms to maintain balance (a by-product of zero technique) Ms. Heidi Wilmott, at 14 years of age when I met you I already had 8 years of training and the ability to destroy you in 5 seconds flat. I told her that I studied Shotokan Karate and she immediately told me that she received her first black belt in Shotokan. Bull... ****...

The school was crap, the instruction was a simple "do you forms no matter how terrible your technique is", and then they played... are you ready? DODGEBALL!! Wtf. She is not a martial artist because she has no honor, peddling $100 a month for gymnastics training.

The other dojo, my friend attended and was in contention for a black belt after 2 and a half years of training. Yes, they have black belt contracts, check the site. I also saw a pathetic demo which required immense self control not to publicly humiliate the showmen involved.

If I could I'd destroy this entire franchise of money grubbers who like to promote their students right when the contracts are about to expire.

www.3tma.com

ww.fourdragonskwc.com

...if you'd like to feel better about your technique.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 9:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i was a former student of his style and i do agree with the member above on money grabber part. i am also deadly against how they promote student when their ability level is not at the require level. and more..
    but anyways, USTMF is a competition he host every year in canandaigua. the competitor are mostly from his own franchise schools. such as the ones mention above and couple more.
    in the recent two years, he has invited some small group of school to USTMF but not a huge amount.

about sitting in his office part. well, ...i guess i dont want to comment on it after all.

serge... i did sent u a message. if u can get back to me. that will be great.

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kwok Wu Chuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Our Response

It is not the Academy’s policy to answer fictitious allegations that are posted on various websites and blogs. But I will make an exception in this case and will post only once to remove any doubt that you may have regarding Grandmaster Kuek’s accomplishments, achievements, and credentials.

The writer (serge68) implies that he was a student- this is doubtful because anyone who trains at the Academy would know that Grandmaster Kuek’s achievements are legitimate. If you did in fact train at the Academy, it must have been for a very short amount of time. If you trained for any credible length of time you would know we have produced many Junior Olympic, Senior National and International medalists.

You indicate in your posting that you are going to email Grandmaster Kuek to verify his credentials. To date, we have not yet received this email.

Though, I can set the facts straight for you. I have been training at the Academy since 1993, and I am one of the Senior Instructor’s at the Academy.

First, Grandmaster Kuek established the International Martial Arts Council, Inc in 1997 as a nonprofit organization (501 c 3), at his own expense, using his own time. It is registered and recognized by the IRS and has a federal tax ID number. The entire purpose of IMAC is to benefit members of the organization by providing financial support for those who are competing in tournaments, such as Junior Olympics, Nationals, and International Competitions. It also provides scholarships to members not only for Martial Arts, but for Academic Achievements as well. There are many activities organized by IMAC that benefit the members of the organization. Information regarding the legitimacy of IMAC can be found with the New York Department of State, Division of Corporation.
    There are two or more organizations that use the name International Martial Arts Council. One of them promotes sports, karate, and open tournaments. One of them is a private Martial Arts organization. Grandmaster Kuek could in fact take legal action against these organizations for using this name, since he has already registered the name with the Federal Government, but he has chosen not to.
    I am also a member of the Board of Directors of IMAC, and can personally attest to the great things the organization dose for students. I was a recipient of assistance from IMAC when I traveled to England to compete in a tournament there in 1998.

Second, we have no “Black Belt Club”.

Third, regarding involvement in the AAU committee, it is simple. Get the 1992, 1993 and 1994 Official AAU Code and Directory. Look up the AAU Taekwondo Committee; you will see his involvement in the committee.

Forth, as for the US Taekwondo Instructor’s Union, and US Cup Taekwondo, the president is Grandmaster Moo Yong Lee. It is based out of Hartford Connecticut. Grandmaster Lee has graciously honored Grandmaster Kuek with several awards.

Grandmaster Kuek has been practicing and teaching Martial Arts for nearly 40 years. How many of you have been training actively for that long? He has helped and guided many students throughout the years, many of whom have become very successful in their day to day life using the knowledge and life skills they developed while learning Martial Arts. We are not a “fight club” or “cage fighting” school, nor do we pretend to be. Our school focuses heavily on the philosophy of Martial Arts and character education. If you’re a good fighter, but can not speak one sentence without it being expletive laden, what good is that? For you to sit at a keyboard and malign him with such inexperience and limited knowledge of Martial Arts can only be attributed to your own short comings.

If you would like more information or verification, why snoop around or “googlefu”? Call or email me, or better yet stop by the Academy. In fact, on almost any weekday you can come into our school and see Grandmaster Kuek training, lifting weights, kicking the heavy bag, exc. We can answer any questions you may have. In fact, what is listed on the website as credentials is only a portion of his achievements. I think that the simple fact that Masters and Grand Masters from other countries such as Korea, China, Canada, England and Malaysia have come to visit Grandmaster Kuek and the Academy speaks volumes. More recent achievements are not even listed, but can all be verified! If you do not feel like contacting me, there are plenty of students who have been training for 10+ years who would have no problem helping you obtain answers to your questions. But be aware there are many former students that were EXPELLED for disciplinary or attitude reasons that will say anything they can to mend their own ego, and turn away from facing there own inadequacies. As always there will also be those competing schools who will try to bad mouth us as “money grubbers” for there own benefit, but we wish them well. Anyone else with questions is free to contact me as well. Have a great day, enjoy life and be a great person on the inside.

David Tuttle
    Proud Student of Grandmaster Kuek
    Chief Instructor, Canandaigua Center
    (585) 394-7240
    instructor-tuttle@usamastersacademy.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2009 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...Huh boy, so that is going to take a bit to respond to. I'll have to do it when I have more time, as I work in the mountains.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 12:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwondo, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, instructor tuttle, are you sure there is and never were a black belt club?
    love the bolding and coloring.
    oh... its good to be modest. dont give or take too much credit b.c the higher you get. the harder you fall.

oh one more thing, are you guys only focus on (from alex \m/'s comment):do you forms no matter how terrible your technique is"
    you might want to explain that before that gets around.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 10:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GiGi View Post
    wow, instructor tuttle, are you sure there is and never were a black belt club?
    love the bolding and coloring.
    oh... its good to be modest. dont give or take too much credit b.c the higher you get. the harder you fall.

oh one more thing, are you guys only focus on (from alex \m/'s comment):do you forms no matter how terrible your technique is"
    you might want to explain that before that gets around.
    Not sure if that was directed towards me for a response, but to elaborate, what I witnessed was a collage of maneuvers, utilizing no technique, no hips, every punch had the back foot lift up, on and on. I witnessed "black belts" that would not be allowed to test for yellow belt in my style. And the instructors watched and waited and acted like the only thing they needed to improve on was their angry faces and "karate shouts", even they they claim to teach Tae Kwon Do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 4:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Mr. Tuttle, welcome to Bullshido.net!!!

Please, feel free to take a look around and hear from other members. Hell, you might even learn a thing or two from some of the other members present, and it is certainly evident that there exists something to gain. Our ranks include Lawyers, Scientists, Servicemen, Pro-fighters, (I think), Amateur fighters, fighters-in-training, aspiring martial artists, martial initiates, martial hobbyists, and beautiful and unique professional people from any and all walks of life.

It is then in this respect very presumptuous of you to posit or to even assume that everyone here is a cage fighter. Many of us (as I just stated before) train in the martial arts for fun, health, self-defense (that we can feel confident in), tradition, or just about any other reason or cause under the sun. It therefore makes you both pompous and presumptuous to assume that we are all "cage fighters"

But never mind that, as we've more to cover.

We here at Bullshido (or at least most of us) share a couple of common beliefs.

One is that the martial arts are for fighting. Your children having better manners should probably be just a side-effect of putting them though good, hard, solid training in the fighting arts, and not the main aim of a fighting arts. There is a reason why they're called Martial arts. The art part isn't so much for meaningful self-expression.

Secondly, we believe in the philosophy and practice of Aliveness. What this means in a nutshell is that to achieve maximum effectiveness in the fighting arts, one should practice and train their techniques against a non-compliant and fully resisting opponent. This as a result helps one eliminate techniques that simply don't work and eliminate any misconceptions or over-estimations of one's ability or skill level.

Allow me to take the bait of playing the presumptuous cock by asking you this question: Have you ever sparred against a Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, or Sambo practitioner of an equal level of involvement but of a school where they regularly practice the concept of aliveness?

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you in fact have not sparred against anybody from a school where they practice this. There's a reason why a lot of people here have little respect for Taekwondo practitioners. One-step sparring is absolutely useless, and you would be absolutely destroyed by a good grappler.

I am in no way saying this to be entirely disrespectful, but I do certainly believe that you've stepped out of line.

It also occurs to me though that while your unwavering loyalty to the Kwok Wu Chuen system is to be commended; inversely, it has been obviously detrimental to your reading comprehension skills.

One of the main reasons why I began this investigation in the first place is not only because of the nagging suspicion that I hold for unquestioned authority as an aspiring journalist, but out of the respect I hold for him. There's nothing wrong holding those that you love, respect, and care about to the standards of truth and scrupulousness.

Which is why we're here in the first place. We know that his dojang is a legal establishment. That's not what's in question. What is in question is the verisimilitude of some of the posited achievements on the website. It was both disturbing and disconcerting to find that Mike Friello of The AAU made a claim that contradicted what was down on the website.

The problem is not what some of the things that the organizations, but of the credentials and achievements claimed.

It also appears to an exercise in futillity to E-mail the person that you're trying to uncover the truth from.

Do you understand what i'm saying?

Do you understand that an excellent fighter with a bad case of the sailor mouth is just a good fighter with a foul mouth?

I'm not very pleased with yourself maligning me, or your hinting at me possibly being a money-grubber. I don't want your damned money. I'm searching for the truth.

Anyways, replying to you has made me hungry, so I quite believe that i'm going to hunt for food like my ancestors.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2009 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...And I'm rather flattered that you're violating company policy to respond to me.
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast