Posted On:
    8/06/2009 9:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/Freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido! Please help me out!

Hey my fellow Bull-shidoshi-

I just got a call from a local fight league (Global Fight league in NH/Mass) and they want me to be on a reality web show called "I want to be a global fighter". Im more than happy to do it, but I have 2 things Im hoping you guys can help me with...

number one: I have to drop from 218 to 185. Aside from doing anything illegal, any suggestions? I have about six weeks to train (the fight is Sept. 19)

Number two: Might I be able to borrow with intent to buy a pair of bullshido fight shorts or a rashguard? Id love to rep Bullshido in NH, especially over the web if I can. If no, no biggie, just curious.

thanks in advance

Philly

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 9:58pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just looked at the "GLOBAL WANT'S [sic] YOU" poster at http://globalfightleague.ning.com/.

If you're seriously considering signing up with these clowns, you're insane.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 10:10pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLameSauce View Post
    Hey my fellow Bull-shidoshi-

I just got a call from a local fight league (Global Fight league in NH/Mass) and they want me to be on a reality web show called "I want to be a global fighter". Im more than happy to do it, but I have 2 things Im hoping you guys can help me with...

number one: I have to drop from 218 to 185. Aside from doing anything illegal, any suggestions? I have about six weeks to train (the fight is Sept. 19)

Number two: Might I be able to borrow with intent to buy a pair of bullshido fight shorts or a rashguard? Id love to rep Bullshido in NH, especially over the web if I can. If no, no biggie, just curious.

thanks in advance

Philly
    I am with Cannon. Did you look at the poster? This is not an outfit that has their stuff together if they can't advertise their own (web) show better than a 3rd grader's lemonade stand. Don't do this.

If it's just a fight and you want to compete, well fair enough, just be careful about what you sign and make sure they have everything squared away before you commit. Other people here with fight experience will be able to tell you what to look for.

But think hard, cause seriously - this is bad. I took the liberty of marking the worst mistakes with orange.

Last edited by mgb; 8/06/2009 10:20pm at .

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 10:22pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you wanna cut 33 pounds... so you can compete on some penny-ante web reality show?

Pass.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/06/2009 11:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/Freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I appreciate everyones concern, but let me break it down like this...

Up here in NH, MMA isn't all that popular. GFL is probably the most legit (sans the grammatical and spelling errors...believe me i noticed them too). I have a few wrestling buddies who compete for GFL, and by all accounts they seriously have their **** together. Hell, the GFL is the only promotion at the moment in NH that actually has the blessing of the NH boxing and Wrestling commision. So i may be insane, I may be whatever it is you want to call me, but I really want to do this, even if its just for one fight. Again, I sincerely appreciate your concern, from one warrior to another, but please, i would be most appreciative if you could just pass on any good weight cutting tips.

Please and Thank you,
    Philly

PS if it does turn out to be a joke, I will report it here in the spirit of Bullshido and also I will humbly apologize to everyone who told me not to do it. Sound good?
    Last edited by PhillyLameSauce; 8/06/2009 11:54pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 12:10am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just be careful, bud..
    Let us know how it turns out.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 1:56am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    33 lbs in 6 weeks. You're looking at a little over 5 lbs a week. It's doable, but it's going to be rigorous. If you've never cut weight like that before, then I don't advise it.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.