Posted On:
    7/29/2009 1:23am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    Look for the amazing air throw at 2:16

The whole video was a brutal wearing-down.
    And the look on his face at 2:40. It's like WTF have I got myself into??
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 1:44am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What. . . does. . . it mean??? I don't know what just happened there, but from this I can tell Japanese culture is very very different than American culture.
    It's more of an Inoki thing. His punches are said to grant courage. Machida got an unprecedented THREE punches. Between that and drinking his own piss, he'll retire with the belt.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 2:44am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Ali vs Inoki could have a big effect on the martial arts if either one had a convincing victory- like Ali scoring a knockout or Inoki doing some old school grappling technique, like an arm scissor. This may have required a tweaked ruleset. With so little knowledge about cross-style competition, the average person would probably conclude that the winning art was superior.

Bruce Lee vs Wong Jack Man- again, a convincing victory where one outclassed the other could have changed the face of CMA and JKD. It really would have been more convenient for the historian if it was a public match that was videotaped (so it could be analyzed for dim mak techniques of course).

I also agree with Tyson vs Douglas- that was a fight that was a long drawn out match that could have gone either way. Eventually someone else would have beaten him though.

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robin Givens and her mother played a large role in Tyson's demise as well.

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 12:03pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jack Johnson v James Jeffries.

Joe Louis v Max Schmeling.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 12:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 6:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    In this thread you will name a fight that occurred in the history of martial arts and had the outcome been reversed, it's affects on the history of Martial Arts.

I'll go first.

YouTube - Muaythai VS Kickboxing (in USA)

Had this fight ended with Changpeuk getting KO'd it would become a **** storm of MT vs. american karate nonsense every time it was brought up. I think that Muay Thai would've lost a good amount of it's steam had this ended up the other way around.

That Thai Fighter just kept going towards that kickboxer just like what happend in the movie kickboxer, where he fights the Thai Champ
    and gets WTFPWNED
    Muay Thai and kickboxing both amazing Martial Arts
    but that Thai fighter in the video was amazing :)

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 6:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilbourn View Post
    A classic
    YouTube - Lyoto Machida vs. Kengo Watanabe

Had Machita lost and not received the Triple Inoki Punch of Luck he would have gotten beaten to a pulp in all of his matches thus preventing karate from making its come back.
    What. . . does. . . it mean??? I don't know what just happened there, but from this I can tell Japanese culture is very very different than American culture.
    I already made this reference: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...hlight=machida

It's called the toukon. It's a legendary blessing from Inoki. This is how it started.

YouTube - inoki "Start of legend Toukon Binta"

Inoki blesses only the greatest Japanese fighters with the Toukon. A blessing of courage, strength and the fighter's spirit. I want to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I think Ali vs Inoki could have a big effect on the martial arts if either one had a convincing victory- like Ali scoring a knockout or Inoki doing some old school grappling technique, like an arm scissor. This may have required a tweaked ruleset. With so little knowledge about cross-style competition, the average person would probably conclude that the winning art was superior.

Bruce Lee vs Wong Jack Man- again, a convincing victory where one outclassed the other could have changed the face of CMA and JKD. It really would have been more convenient for the historian if it was a public match that was videotaped (so it could be analyzed for dim mak techniques of course).

I also agree with Tyson vs Douglas- that was a fight that was a long drawn out match that could have gone either way. Eventually someone else would have beaten him though.
    Word.

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 6:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rudy Abel vs Anthony
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 6:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
    I always love the look on Ali's face when Inoki just keeps taking out his legs.
    How come you didn't mention Spinks/Inoki??

During that era, it wouldn't have been necessary.
    NOW, it would. But damn, that would be sweet to see.

Eventually, yeah. Someone would have. But during that era, a large portion of the heavyweight fighters and champs were either fat (Page, Berbick, Witherspoon, Thomas) small (Spinks, Tillman, Frazier, Green) or had weak chins (Snipes, Williams, Smith, Briggs) so they were tailor-made to Tyson. Hell, the knock on Douglas for years was: lazy. He just put it together at a time Tyson wasn't.

I honestly think Foreman would have taken him out before Holyfield or Lennox Lewis.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast