Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 1:36pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Chun, the deadliest!

I just got finshed watching "The Greatest" on the military channel...they picked out the best fighter planes, best machine guns, etc... at the end of the show they picked out the best hand-to-hand fighting system...guess what, they picked the deadly "Wing Chun"...I almost fell of my chair...

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 2:28pm

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 5:28am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman View Post
    I just got finshed watching "The Greatest" on the military channel...they picked out the best fighter planes, best machine guns, etc... at the end of the show they picked out the best hand-to-hand fighting system...guess what, they picked the deadly "Wing Chun"...I almost fell of my chair...
    They obviously haven't seen Taekwondo in action then

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 8:33am

Style: Judo (injury), ETS-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of Chun, I'm reading Robert Ludlum's "Bourne" series (they were in 'grab-and-take-this-**** box). Very, very different from the films. Better, really, except there have been gun disarms with kicks, and Ludlum apparently considers Wing Chun to be t3h d34dlys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2009 4:14pm

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *shakes head and walks away*

I guess this proves once and for all that television is the domain of idiots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 3:00am

Style: Shitoryu Karate and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where can I watch this show. I enjoy a good laugh.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 4:05am

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchedearth View Post
    *shakes head and walks away*

I guess this proves once and for all that television is the domain of idiots.
    It's poison for the brain.

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 6:18am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vile_zoidberg View Post
    Speaking of Chun, I'm reading Robert Ludlum's "Bourne" series (they were in 'grab-and-take-this-**** box). Very, very different from the films. Better, really, except there have been gun disarms with kicks, and Ludlum apparently considers Wing Chun to be t3h d34dlys.
    You're reading the second one, aren't you? I'm reading it as well, still toward the beginning right after Bourne convinces Conklin to help him and he calls up that government guy and says he isn't really a drunk and tells a bunch of lies to rile the bitches up. At the beginning there's that one guy that throws a "flurry of wing chun chops" and beats some dude to a pulp no problem.

So far, I'm totally under the impression that the first book was far better.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 6:27am

Style: BJJ & K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post
    You're reading the second one, aren't you? I'm reading it as well, still toward the beginning right after Bourne convinces Conklin to help him and he calls up that government guy and says he isn't really a drunk and tells a bunch of lies to rile the bitches up. At the beginning there's that one guy that throws a "flurry of wing chun chops" and beats some dude to a pulp no problem.

In the 3rd book he does somewhat make up for this by pitting an australian boxer against half a dozen kung-fu fighters.

The aussie batters them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 6:28am

Style: Judo (injury), ETS-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by zaohu View Post

Yeah, so far the first one was better. Webb had to deal with the whole "who the **** am I?!" problem. This time it's all the bitchez.

And at one point there was going to be an epic Wing Chun battle between Bourne and some random informant, but Ludlum took the easy way out and just gave a quick synopsis and the two of them smoking together.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast