Sponsored Links Spacer Image

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 8:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Armies of Chun, Legions of (fruity) Aikido and Ninja recon rise!

Let’s get this clear: I’m not advocating or converting anyone to the above arts!

Just last night I was thinking…if Bullshido.net succeeds in his mission and we have only Kyokushin (and offshoots), Muay Thai, Savate, Kickboxing, Judo, Bjj, SAMBO, Wrestling, Shiau Jaoi clubs in the world, what is the benefit for us?

We would have more sparring partners in our club and to win a medal at a tournament you would have to fight (while nowadays some weight classes have only 1 to 2 contenders), but we’ll lose the self-defense benefit that we have nowadays.

Let me explain:
    A lot of Bullies here will have the experience that an “intoxicated” Aikidoka, Ninja or Chunner* wants to start a bar fight. Having some decent training in Judo, Kickboxing, etc… gives us an edge in these situations.
    While in the old days of martial arts, ryu’s were clan affiliated and the fighting techniques were off limit to outsiders (or so I’ve read), nowadays we can enter any MA/FS club to study the art that we want. We have lost the benefit of “secret” techniques.

So I myself will not preach anymore to the masses (most of the time they don’t listen anyway) about aliveness and competition. The rogue LARPer that stumbles onto BS.net with questions will still be helped , but let the rest form armies of “Pretend Warriors”. The bigger their armies get, the safer we’ll be.

For me BS.net is now about finding the frauds/fakers/cons in the arts that I respect, the other ones can have a 25th Dan (golden belt with “Hello Kitty” tags on it) as Soke (would probably be a 16 year old Caucasian kid) for what I’m concerned.

Had to get this out of my system.[/frustation]

*or any other style/RBSD that claim to own “T3h d3adly”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 8:41am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendokan View Post

Let’s get this clear: I’m not advocating or converting anyone to the above arts!

Just last night I was thinking…if Bullshido.net succeeds in his mission and we have only Kyokushin (and offshoots), Muay Thai, Savate, Kickboxing, Judo, Bjj, SAMBO, Wrestling, Shiau Jaoi clubs in the world, what is the benefit for us?

We would have more sparring partners in our club and to win a medal at a tournament you would have to fight (while nowadays some weight classes have only 1 to 2 contenders), but we’ll lose the self-defense benefit that we have nowadays.

Let me explain:
    A lot of Bullies here will have the experience that an “intoxicated” Aikidoka, Ninja or Chunner* wants to start a bar fight. Having some decent training in Judo, Kickboxing, etc… gives us an edge in these situations.
    While in the old days of martial arts, ryu’s were clan affiliated and the fighting techniques were off limit to outsiders (or so I’ve read), nowadays we can enter any MA/FS club to study the art that we want. We have lost the benefit of “secret” techniques.

So I myself will not preach anymore to the masses (most of the time they don’t listen anyway) about aliveness and competition. The rogue LARPer that stumbles onto BS.net with questions will still be helped , but let the rest form armies of “Pretend Warriors”. The bigger their armies get, the safer we’ll be.

For me BS.net is now about finding the frauds/fakers/cons in the arts that I respect, the other ones can have a 25th Dan (golden belt with “Hello Kitty” tags on it) as Soke (would probably be a 16 year old Caucasian kid) for what I’m concerned.

Had to get this out of my system.[/frustation]

*or any other style/RBSD that claim to own “T3h d3adly”
    Very good then. One less voice to ruin young chunners aspirations and drive them away from such an incredible art before they know any batter. I fully support you sir.

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 8:43am

Style: Aikijujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wingchunx2z View Post
    Very good then. One less voice to ruin young chunners aspirations and drive them away from such an incredible art before they know any batter. I fully support you sir.

isn't that the problem, getting battered, or not?

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 8:46am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am disturbed by your vision of the future; boxing isn't on the list of surviving arts.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 8:50am

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    I am disturbed by your vision of the future; boxing isn't on the list of surviving arts.
    Boxing is there also, just didn't quote it, since it's an obvious survivor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiujitsu77
    You know you are crazy about BJJ/Martial arts when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanzee
    ...your books on Kama Sutra and BJJ are interchangeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jk55299 on Keysi Fighting Method
    It looks like this is a great fighting method if someone replaces your shampoo with superglue.
    The real deadly:

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 8:54am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing is there also, just didn't quote it, since it's an obvious survivor.
    That's reassuring.

This thread has got me thinking of a final battle between the forces of alive training and the fat arses of compliant training. A great Martialgeddon, or Artpocalypse if you will, to once and for all eliminate the ninjers, the Chunners and the generally stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 9:23am

Style: Hybrid Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    That's reassuring.

This thread has got me thinking of a final battle between the forces of alive training and the fat arses of compliant training. A great Martialgeddon, or Artpocalypse if you will, to once and for all eliminate the ninjers, the Chunners and the generally stupid.
    More like a massacre, but dont tell the chun/ninj/aiki (im so fucking sick of listing the usual suspects so here, have a bunch of grammatically incorrect abbreviations)
    that.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, on the other hand, will redouble my good natured efforts of turning people from zombies to alive creatures. To have seen the light is a glorious thing; to show the light to others is most glorious! While you continue your torrential downpour of disdain on the downtrodden Go-Kan-Ryu'ers and Tabi wearers, I will be the the lightning in the rain, the light in the dark, a sweaty homoerotic beacon to all those looking for truth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 11:38am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will gladly abstain from destruction and deign to allow practitioners of the usual suspects to persist just so I can continue pointing my finger and laughing at people who suck because they deliberately wasted their time on crap instead of just sucking because they suck(like myself).

Plus, I'm still a total closet queen for Tae Kwon Do, despite my experience only reinforcing how utterly useless most of it, under modern training practices, is for actual fighting.

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 11:44am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While there are people who like to believe fantasy instead of training properly, there will be Aikidoka, Ninjers and Chunners
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast