Page 4 of 4 First 1234

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't believe no ones has mentioned the chick doing half-crunches with no range of movement.

I really like his accuracy. Nothing wild, just excellent use of energy conservation.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    yeah, the title kinda says it all. i put this up on youtube for the lolz mainly, its a vid of me getting an absolute beating from Solomon, a HW fighter who is training for a fight in august. hes had 17 pro fights (cant remember record) and just absolutely owned me. not really looking for criticisms cos i talked to him for a while afterwards about what i did right/wrong, but i thought it would be fun to put on here.

gets fun in the second round, if you like watching people get dropped by bodyshots.

YouTube - Alex gets beaten up
    Nice gym!!

Watching this video was like reading Shamo,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Missing posts moved here: More PT forum detritus - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

I will be giving infractions for posting low content or off topic crap in this forum from now on.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, this thread has been going for a while.
    Ironically, I had an opportunity to spar a 90+kg "one of those Europeans" also. Lasted 2 rounds and then stopped because he punched through my headgear and I started swelling (! I never swell), shortly followed by a kick that plowed through my guard and into my neck. This is him going "light"

European san-da vice champ, 25+ AM matches and 1 paid fight. Guess what his name was?

Alex

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On this topic, probably an old question asked before but i would say relevant to this thread.

We talked about advantages of sparring with a bigger more skilled opponent, but what are the disadvantages of sparring with a bigger more skilled opponent vs sparring with a smaller more skilled opponent?

One obvious answer would be different movement/rythem. Small guys TEND TO move around more. Big guys use more reach or start pressuring, though i find a big man with good footwork truly sucks to fight.

What else? Anything else that would make you NOT want to spar with a bigger dude?
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 9/28/2010 3:43pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you don't spar smaller people, you can forget about footwork relating to shorter people and forget how to fight at different ranges. I think rhythm and timing might be the biggest things though, like you said.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234