Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 11:55pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    In case you didn't understand, what I see is you doing a twisting leg lock on a teenager who's not resisting and then not letting go when he taps like ten times.
    Oh boy, this is gonna get good now...

*pops some popcorn*

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 6:26am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No its not; of course the double attack here and on You Tube was silly; but easy to correct.

People wanted to see Moose take a beating; we all drove down together, and we all drove back together; people saw Moose take a beating.

Now, ask the people who worked with Igor at those Judo camps, ESPECIALLY HIS FRIENDS, what a beating is..... that was a beating.

It was a fatuous assertion that Moose was in real danger or being abused in any way, I reject the premise and the idea that I am in need of correction. The poster is entitled to his opinion; I give it all the consideration it is due.

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 6:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to the From Gene LeBell with Love video; and listen close at 2:50; then watch what happens.....

Defense rests.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:33am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To state that Mark was in any way being abusive to Moose is simply rediculous. It was in good fun and anyone who actually knows about grappling and has any kind of eye for it, can see that he was not exerting undue pressure. It was all in good fun and Mark was releasing pressure all the time. If Moose was in real danger he would have been screaming. Moose himself has said it was a silly claim.

I have seen some abusive instructors. This is not one of those cases by any means.

Great way to ruin a good thread BTW. There is no popcorn to be had. Let's get back to discussing actual meaningful topics and put this retarded topic to rest.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 10:11am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I apologize in advance for what I'm about to type

Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    Things are not always as they seem.

Wow, I have been accused of racism and child abuse in one week here! Must be a record.
    I have forwarded the videos to NAACP and Child Services. Although, with some of the no-gi stuff in the later posts, NAMBLA might come to your defense.
    Seriously - what the hell - child abuse? Apparrently someone's never been uke for a demo. Wuddeva.:bduh:

Moving past the foolishness, I want to re-iterate my gratitude for excellent instructional (and free!) clips. I have had time to review each segment that you posted and there are lots of tips I will apply tonight in class / open mat. My fave is still the hip lock, but I'll be trying to work out that ski lift as well. Fantastic stuff, and inspirational. Can't wait to try it out.

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really like the Russian uchi-mata. I don't have anything I'm good at with 2-on-1 grips, but uchi-mata is a pretty comfortable throw so maybe this is finally something I can do with that grip. You show two follow-up moves, but tai-otoshi has always given me problems and so far (1.5 years) I haven't been taught ankle picks.

My only decent throws are ouchi, uchi mata, and osoto, and I'm making some progress on kouchi. Any good advice on a follow-up, aside from get a better tai otoshi?
    Last edited by maofas; 7/29/2009 11:21am at .

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 11:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    I have forwarded the videos to NAACP
    Is there another NAACP? Cuz moosie is as white as the belt holding his gi closed.

AGD pro forma. In what competitions is that jaw lock legal?

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 11:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never seen it be ILLEGAL. I can't do the damned thing at all, but its not illegal.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 12:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Coach, last night I grabbed my favorite Uke, and was trying to work through some of the throws.

I could hit all of them without resistance, but when I asked him to resist a little bit, he stiff armed me! I couldn't get in close enough to do the uchi mata, and I tried a pitiful tai otoshi. It didn't work so I kata guruma'd him.

How do you suggest I deal with stiff arming? Should I pop off and get a whizzer?

Also, I've been working from an overhook lately. I remember at your clinic, you showed an overhook...thing. you kind of hook the leg like you do in that first Osoto video, but you just drive across. What is that?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 12:12pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting question Moose, and I am curious for the answer myself... stiff-arming has always been my issue for trying to do alot of throws the judo way.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 10 LastLast