Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 11:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wado ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

karate in philadelphia, preferably wado?

hey guys, i was just wondering, since im moving to philadelphia if anyone knows any good karate schools around the city. I grew up doing wado ryu and i have achieved my black belt, so i would prefer wado, so does anyone know of any karate schools around the city? thanks a lot!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/27/2009 1:54am

Style: BJJ, Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having a black belt in the style is a poor reason to continue training in a bad style. If you're moving to Philadelphia, use it as an opportunity to start over in a good martial art. Don't stay with something shitty just because you're familiar with it.

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 8:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: wado ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    do u really think its bad man? y dont u like it? i mean ive boxed and dun a little shaolin long fist which isnt really that efficient, well the boxing is but not the kung fu, but im just curious wut u dont like abt it, not asking for an argument lol, im just wondering man

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 9:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why was a search for a new karate school posted in YMAS? You're asking to be made fun of here, none too safe ya know...

Posted On:
    7/31/2009 10:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wado123456 View Post
    do u really think its bad man? y dont u like it? i mean ive boxed and dun a little shaolin long fist which isnt really that efficient, well the boxing is but not the kung fu, but im just curious wut u dont like abt it, not asking for an argument lol, im just wondering man
    Philly is a good martial arts town... there are a lot who do not **** around if you can find them. Look for some good Shotokan guys who are non traditional.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 1:37pm

Style: krav maga, bjj, mma,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of the styles you trained boxing is the best style due to the fact it actualy teaches you how to fight against a resisitng opponent not hw to perform a cheriographed dance.

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 8:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos13th View Post
    Out of the styles you trained boxing is the best style due to the fact it actualy teaches you how to fight against a resisitng opponent not hw to perform a cheriographed dance.

Yeah mr original thought heres another one for your lexicon: Go to South Philly and walk into a karate dojo and tell them that and see what happens. Make sure you have your socialized medicine insurance card handy BTW.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 8:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    look for this guy, maybe he can learn you some usefull karate stuff :D
    YouTube - Mr Karate

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 8:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaiya View Post
    look for this guy, maybe he can learn you some usefull karate stuff :D
    YouTube - Mr Karate

Yup thats what everyone does in karate... go to South Philly and show that video and ask them for a sparring match because you saw that video ok? they will send you back to your civilized country in a traction brace and people will say "oh those uncivilized americans how couyld they do such an uncivilized things to our norwegian muy thai guy?"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 8:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    o0o0o0o0 seems like i hurt your feelings since u poppin off at me like that, i can tell u a karate guy ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    Yup thats what everyone does in karate... go to South Philly and show that video and ask them for a sparring match because you saw that video ok? they will send you back to your civilized country in a traction brace and people will say "oh those uncivilized americans how couyld they do such an uncivilized things to our norwegian muy thai guy?"
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast