Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 7:54am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp View Post
    My world view? I'm not sure I follow you. I have personally helped at least 4 ADULTS buy firearms and 2 of them get permits to conceal carry. I think you are missing my point.
    Right, I'm saying 12-16 year old children should be afforded the same protections of being able to defend themselves via fire-arm and not $200/hr security guards and camera system. When adult supervision and instruction will deter any gang of bullies from picking on a "weakling" because... he might be armed.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 9:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

***I think some of those law-abiding citizens could use some guns...***

Just goes to show, the U.K. REALLY IS full of fucking punks......
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/08/2009 2:38am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

Those statistics are rather screwy because different countries rank different violent crimes differently.

Here's a question though: is there less per capita gun crime in the UK?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2009 5:29am

Style: MT and judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post

You realise of course that a large number of these violent crimes are drunken fights outside bars and clubs. Yeah, guns are really good in those situations.

You probably don't realise (not being from the UK) that the papers associated with that website are aimed at paranoid, right-wing, semi-literates and are not renowned for the quality of their news service.

Posted On:
    8/08/2009 6:28am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Those statistics are rather screwy because different countries rank different violent crimes differently.

Here's a question though: is there less per capita gun crime in the UK?
    The Daily Mail is a red top right wing rag that makes its money from being the most negative possible presenter of the news out there. Basically this story is alarmist ****.

Its quite funny that JJ has found a Daily Mail story to link to, it seems like he would be a natural purchaser of that paper if he lived over here.

I dug up the relevant crime stats for both murder, firearm and violent crime in another thread. I'll try to dig them out again when I have the time. I believe the stats forgun crime are something like a factor of 10 less than America, but I cant remember, its all in my previous posts though.
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For a laugh/look at European prejudices against the US regarding guns and other social issues, you can check out these comments in the Economist: http://www.economist.com/node/14632169/comments

One thing I've noticed is that lots of Europeans go on about how in the US everyone is racist against African Americans. But when I've been in Europe my impression has been that Europeans are more racist against immigrants including African immigrants than Americans are.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 8:26pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    Right, I'm saying 12-16 year old children should be afforded the same protections of being able to defend themselves via fire-arm and not $200/hr security guards and camera system. When adult supervision and instruction will deter any gang of bullies from picking on a "weakling" because... he might be armed.

I forgot about this thread totally.

You realize children are children and not given the rights of adults for a reason. That reason is the make very fucking bad decisions. Most teenagers can't see the consequences of their actions 15 minutes from now. Handing the power to kill in the hands of a child is never a good idea. These are the same kids that surfed cars and didn't realize anyone could get hurt.

Children are fucking morons.

I am very pro-gun. I wear a firearm every single day. My wife wears a firearm every single day. My father wears a firearm every single day. 75% of my friends wear a firearm every single day. Not one of us thinks a child should be wearing a firearm.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 8:47pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 12-18 year old who was constantly in situations where they would require the protection of being armed, should instead be under the protection of a responsible adult.

That's how parenting's supposed to work.

I car surfed as a 16 year old, several times, at speeds up to 100 MPH. 16 year old brains just do not grasp the consequences of life and death like a fully-developed adult. That's why Maoist doctrine suggests arming them in the first place, for revolutions.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/14/2009 9:43pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    16 year old brains just do not grasp the consequences of life and death like a fully-developed adult. That's why Maoist doctrine suggests arming them in the first place, for revolutions.
    This, This, Fucking A-This.

At what age do our friends in the litterbox get to go out behind the madrassa and fire off their first AK-47?

The mullahs are well aware of this as well. Stock your revolutionary cause with young adventure seeking youth who are bored out of their minds and hungry, and you'll have them waving your fucking flags for the rest of their lives.

I'm all for kids being able to go to the range with their parents. They're learning proper firearms handling procedures, shooting technique, etc.

This doesn't make a 16-year-old responsible enough to conceal a Glock down to the sock-hop or to impress Mary Jane Rottencrotch up on Fingerbang Mountain.

Kids have a lot of piss and vinegar to get out of their system. It'd be better for everybody if they didn't have a concealed weapon while they were doing it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/15/2009 3:14pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wounded Ronin, they are ignorant because of "broader philosophical issues of self-defense or self-determination versus collectivism and public safety". You got exposed to other ways of thinking, and your mind coped. That's really all there is to it.

There's two types of collectivistic forces that want to disarm everyone: Top down, and egalitarian. You might be able to convince those who fight for equality that everyone should be armed, which would lead to something else. But you'll never be able to convince the top down thinkers of this, in fact I would say they are top down because they like power pyramids, that's just the way they are. So the real question is, how the **** do we kill the top down people?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223