Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 8:37am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    What? Repeating the same "Oh he just laid on top of him" bullshit? How many fucking videos have been made explaining the laundry list of things Brock was doing very right and Frank was doing very wrong?

Also:

I worked for the circus, Lesnar said of the WWE. For me, [the back-and-forth insults] is a chance for me to let some personality out because I dont do it a lot. Im a private guy, but if I want to add a little salt and pepper on every once in awhile, thats fine with me.

The Brock Lesnar you see in interviews is making the UFC a metric fuckton of money. I don't begrudge that man making his paper for one second, and as I've said before, believing anything a professional wrestler says into a microphone is one of the major warning signs of moderate mental retardation.

Wow. I can't believe you posted that interview in his defence.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 9:51am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarukaya View Post
    I'm pretty sure Torres was referring to Lesnar's fight with Herring
    So why doesn't Miguel Torres grow some balls and bash someone other than Brock Lesnar? Cain Velasquez just had a pretty similar win, handy that Torres would rather stick with the easy, played out target. People are talking about the corporate line, **** that, Torres is just hopping on the bandwagon. He's not stupid, he saw people booing Lesnar, and he wants to snuggle up to their nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Wow. I can't believe you posted that interview in his defence.
    Okay. I can't believe you can fit two cucumbers in your ass.

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 9:57am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People booing Lesnar doesn't bother me at all, but criticizing him for the method he uses to win is absoultely retarded. He's a wrestler so what the **** do you expect him to do? He took it to Mir's back which is supposedly his bread and butter and completely dominated him from there. I give him props for that.

I have no issue with people criticizing him for his attitude however, and he does come across as a complete jerk in his interviews.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 11:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    So why doesn't Miguel Torres grow some balls and bash someone other than Brock Lesnar? Cain Velasquez just had a pretty similar win, handy that Torres would rather stick with the easy, played out target. People are talking about the corporate line, **** that, Torres is just hopping on the bandwagon. He's not stupid, he saw people booing Lesnar, and he wants to snuggle up to their nuts.ve you can fit two cucumbers in your ass.
    'Coz Cain isn't the undisputed champion of the world, hasn't made huge paydays since he set foot in the UFC and doesn't have a fraction of the name recognition.

C'mon, if Brock's justified in acting like a jerk in order to get attention and earn money then Miguel is justified in complaining about to get himself some attention and earn himself some money too.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 3:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about we vote about pay.

Each UFC fan will be asked what they are willing to pay to watch a certain fighter fight. We find the average amount of money people are willing to pay to watch two particular fighters fight, and we pay them that much.

The disgust you are feeling after reading that is because you all know damn well that the fans of UFC will pay a hell of a lot more to watch Cock Lesnar fight than most other fighters. UFC knows this. It's why things are the way they are. It sucks but it's life.

Posted On:
    7/25/2009 4:03pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy's, according to him, 49-1. Officially they have him at 37-1. How is he not making enough money...

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 12:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzal View Post
    C'mon, if Brock's justified in acting like a jerk in order to get attention and earn money then Miguel is justified in complaining about to get himself some attention and earn himself some money too.
    *singing*

One of these things is not like the other
    One of these things just isn't the same
    The big white guy makes his own way
    The little Mexican plays the tagalong game

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 3:04pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Torres View Post

I'm not as big of a draw as Brock Lesnar, but I have more personality than him; I'm more interesting than he is. I've heard Brock Lesnar. I've interviewed him. It's like talking to the Hulk. "So Brock, what did you think about the fight?" "Brock smash Mir,..."

On the subject of Mayweather:

Well, I'm not a white person, and I will smash his ass.

I think it's funny that he will bash Lesnar and then say the same exact thing as him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 3:29pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know Brock Lesnar personally. Maybe he's a decent person. I'm still confused as to how anyone can put on as much of a tough guy act as he has and then repeatedly whine like a little bitch about the referee not coming to his rescue quite in time for his liking in the original Mir fight.

Then there are the obvious questions of the cock with a handle, his trailer park sensibilities, and that constant vacant expression plastered on his face, but I guess 'giant mongoloid rapist' is a pretty good gimmick to unnerve your opponent.

Great interview. I'm glad to see a lot more fighters with some flavor lately. Most of these exchanges with fighters are distinctly similar to watching paint dry. It's easy to collect a running tally of use the words 'battle', 'war', 'bang' or the ever so insightful, 'i'm looking for a submission or a knock out'.

I Ducked Out on a Gong Sau

Posted On:
    7/26/2009 3:45pm

Style: Gentleman Adventurer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate Brock's persona, so I am completely justified in hating everything else about him. **** that guy, he wins boring fights.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast