218357 Bullies, 4114 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 37 of 37
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Beorn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cincy, Ohio
    Posts
    938

    Posted On:
    9/30/2009 5:11pm


     Style: TKD, judo, MT noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hopefully the smaller ring size will create more action. I have always hated watching TKD in the olympics only to see 5 minutes of bouncing with the occasional kick.

    as for the emphasis on head kicks and spinning kicks, all it is doing is giving more points to the kicks that were most used anyways (wheel kick, hook kick, reverse round house, back/spinning side kick) I don't think it changes anything other than possibly stopping the people that just run forward chaining roundhouses, as all those kicks are likely counters.

    I am sad about the checking, when I made my competitive rounds a couple years back I was definitely a fan of push kicking the thigh when someone was bringing a back leg kick. It completely throws off their balance and leaves them open for almost anything, but especially a side kick or back kick.

    Mostly, it would seem again that TKD is removing the steak to add some sizzle
  2. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,486

    Posted On:
    10/01/2009 12:48am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    Anyone know who that instructor is? He should be "publicized" here. Notice the young man is in a poom collar meaning he is a child so this is child abuse. The instructor should be prosecuted.

    Unfortantely it seems parts of Korean culture are extremely cruel in regards to how they treat one another. But then it gets perpetuated on to the non-Korean instructors too. I have seen instructors order other black belts to purposely break the bones of a 12 year old testing for his BB. I've seen pedophilia and students beaten bloody with a belt. There are some very nasty things going on within TKD besides sparring rules. They need to get some of the sickos out of teaching. Just because they were tortured by a sadistic master in Korea in the 1950's doesn't mean its okay to do that kind of stuff themselves.
    Keep your racism to yourself.
  3. TheWanderingTaoist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    171

    Posted On:
    10/01/2009 3:08am


     Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Keep your racism to yourself.
    I'm not racist. Hello I'm the one wanting to move to a different part of the country to be close to a Korean population. However having studied and worked with two Korean grandmasters for years I know that physical abuse is a part of the Korean culture of the old days. A dirty old secret that's not talked about. I've been told by my GM what was done to him in the old Kwans. I also have read quite a lot recently about abuses of children taking place in Korea and no one condemns it. I'm sorry if that offends you, but regardless of the fact I adore Koreans and some of their culture it does not make me accept physical abuse as okay. Especially not abusing a child like in the Utube video. Anyone that thinks that its okay to harm others who cause no harm to you seriously needs mental counseling. The creep instructor in the video needs to be locked up in jail. And if you ask me he comes across to me as a woman as somekinda sexual perv ripping a guy's groin muscle.
  4. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,486

    Posted On:
    10/01/2009 10:17am

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Right, because white people have never abused their children and students in Western sports, and pedophilia is hardly ever a part of adult/student relationships without Korean involvement somewhere.

    It's obvious their Korean-ness is too blame.

    And the fact that you want to move closer to Koreans doesn't excuse the racism in your posts.

    That's like people excusing their racist comments by saying they have black friends or that they voted for Obama.
  5. TheWanderingTaoist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    171

    Posted On:
    10/01/2009 3:08pm


     Style: TKD Hapkido Judo Tai Chi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Right, because white people have never abused their children and students in Western sports, and pedophilia is hardly ever a part of adult/student relationships without Korean involvement somewhere.

    It's obvious their Korean-ness is too blame.

    And the fact that you want to move closer to Koreans doesn't excuse the racism in your posts.

    That's like people excusing their racist comments by saying they have black friends or that they voted for Obama.
    You're pretty racist yourself assuming I'm white just because I disagree with you. I'm not white btw. I've never seen or heard of any abuse in Western sports outside of martial arts where people get beatings and such. Its not their Koreaness that I'm talking about its the culture of torture within older martial arts of Korea. It gets handed down here and for that matter the pedophiles in MA I know were white Americans except for one who was from Portugal (not sure if you consider that Spanish decent or what). Again I've never seen torture outside of MA or military as never witnessed anyone being beaten in grade school or college in sports yet I have video taken about 15 years ago of both a man and woman being beaten at Yudo College. And then there's the crap I saw my own instructors do and teach to their BB's to dish out to even young children.

    It is disturbing you seem to think the torture of the young man in the video is perfectly fine. Believe me if he was white I would still endorse him being locked up. Actually taken out and shot would be better for the community to remove all scumbags that are a threat to children. There's a perv here in the town I'm in now, a TKD instructor who got busted. I know his family but still that makes no difference and neither does his race he needs to be removed or eliminated from society.
  6. DerAuslander is offline
    DerAuslander's Avatar

    Valiant Monk of Booze & War

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,486

    Posted On:
    10/01/2009 3:35pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    You're pretty racist yourself assuming I'm white just because I disagree with you. I'm not white btw. I've never seen or heard of any abuse in Western sports outside of martial arts where people get beatings and such. Its not their Koreaness that I'm talking about its the culture of torture within older martial arts of Korea. It gets handed down here and for that matter the pedophiles in MA I know were white Americans except for one who was from Portugal (not sure if you consider that Spanish decent or what). Again I've never seen torture outside of MA or military as never witnessed anyone being beaten in grade school or college in sports yet I have video taken about 15 years ago of both a man and woman being beaten at Yudo College. And then there's the crap I saw my own instructors do and teach to their BB's to dish out to even young children.

    It is disturbing you seem to think the torture of the young man in the video is perfectly fine. Believe me if he was white I would still endorse him being locked up. Actually taken out and shot would be better for the community to remove all scumbags that are a threat to children. There's a perv here in the town I'm in now, a TKD instructor who got busted. I know his family but still that makes no difference and neither does his race he needs to be removed or eliminated from society.
    I never accused you of being white, I accused you of racism, which is more than evident in your post. You're completely willing to ascribe behaviors to an ethnicity based on your extremely limited experience and ethnocentric viewpoint.

    I haven't said a damn thing condoning or condemning what was shown in that video. I'm more interested in someone coming on my forum and blaming behavior on Korean ethnicity, when I've seen and experienced them in American white-dominated junior high and high school sports programs.

    Your posts make me sick.
  7. realjanuary is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    286

    Posted On:
    10/01/2009 5:25pm


     Style: Aikido, bits of jits

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wohali View Post
    <snip>

    Again I've never seen torture outside of MA or military

    <snip>
    I'd say most people here know more horror stories from MA then other activities, but we are a filtered audience i.e. you probably have more exposer to MA then competitive swimming or ballet

    hazing: not a good idea in this age
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.