Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/30/2009 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, 1.2? You're trying to argue that what you were doing isn't this?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO WARN YOU PEOPLE ABOUT!

That was god awful where are these people? I need to thank them for sparking my fire to dojo storm again.

Posted On:
    8/30/2009 11:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    Seriously, 1.2? You're trying to argue that what you were doing isn't this?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO WARN YOU PEOPLE ABOUT!
    As was I. This is why it was an issue for me. This is why I argued about students being worse off for learning the wrong things from an incompetent rather than to learn nothing at all.

Posted On:
    8/30/2009 11:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that a failure to distinguish between non-alive, pseudo-mystical, totally-made-up groundfighting such as this, and a karate school that happens to train a bare minimum of bridge escapes, scissor sweeps, and RNCs, is intellectual dishonesty.

This, and your willfulness to be ignorant regarding the difference, makes it unlikely that anyone will try to convince you otherwise.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    8/30/2009 11:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    I think that a failure to distinguish between non-alive, pseudo-mystical, totally-made-up groundfighting such as this, and a karate school that happens to train a bare minimum of bridge escapes, scissor sweeps, and RNCs, is intellectual dishonesty.
    I think your summary of Sirc's argument is questionable. He sees a common problem with what you did and what these guys do, and Mr. Galt underscored the commonality with his remarks, which came immediately before Sirc's. A similarity is not an equivalence.

For all I know he does equate them, but you do not have enough evidence to indicate that. I think you have a habit of finding some interpretation of any criticism that puts you in the position of being the injured party and then generate outrage to protect yourself from that criticism. If you are doing that, stop; it makes you a liability to your students, past and future, and to this forum.

You have the self-pity of some of the worst bullshidoka we've investigated, a near-psychopathic disregard for the harm you've done to others in favor of any sense of grievance you cna manufacture on your own behalf. Less self-justifying passive-aggressive bullshit, more realizing what you did wrong and why.

You're not one of the good guys.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 1:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post

This, and your willfulness to be ignorant regarding the difference, makes it unlikely that anyone will try to convince you otherwise.
    Why, exactly, should they learn basic techniques from a shitty instructor who has no business teaching them anyway, that they won't use because they don't do any sparring anyway? What exactly do they gain from learning **** they won't use in sparring, when that **** is beyond sub-par anyway?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 1:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just wish you'd come out and apologize for that bullshit.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910