Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 5:31am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Wing Tsun, Silat Serak

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fresno Wing Tsun

Sifu Daniel Schoenbrod (born in 1973) began his martial arts carreer at the age of 13 in Berlin, Germany, where he began to learn Shaolin Kung Fu. In order to get more practice for the tournaments in which he was competing he trained in various Kick- and Thaiboxing gyms in Berlin.
    Together with his brother he trained Teakwon Do. During an exchange program to the U.S. he was introduced to freestyle wrestling.

While studying sports and education at the Berlin Free University he trained Judo, Karate, Wrestling and Jiu Jitsu.
    Constantly on the search for a realistic and effective martial art he began to learn Wing Tsun and Escrima in 1993 from Sifu Peter Vilimek. He frequently visits seminars of the grandmasters Leung Ting, Keith Kernspecht and Bill Newman.

Since 1997 and with the authorization of his Si-Fu and his Si-Gung he runs his own gym in Berlin, Germany. In 2003 he was promoted to "Sifu of Wing Tsun" by Grandmaster Keith Kernspecht. Furthermore Sifu Dan is working for numerous security companies and agencies as a consultant, instructor and sometimes as an operative.

His main working-field is the evaluation and execution of protective services for VIPs, large events or high risk installations. As a guestinstructor he has taught defensive tactics to numerous police and military units in the US as well as in Europe.

In 1999 Sifu Daniel Schoenbrod relocated to California, where he is teaching Wing Tsun throughout the state. Currently Fresno Wing Tsun is being held at Martial Arts Fresno on the corner of Blackstone and Herndon.

Wing Tsun offers very realistic training in the art as it applies to the areas of protection and self defense. As well as training in it's applications to military and live fire environments. Also with the nmber of students per class kept low, all students have the opportunity to have one-on-one instruction, and your growth in Wing Tsun is really watched and taught to specify your needs as a student.

Live sparring is full contact with gear or light contact with out gear. The goal is to learn the technique and applyy it. This way understanding is fully garnered in the most honest way needed. This means that you will be constantly putting your skills to the test against your fellow students.
    Last edited by littlehazey; 8/03/2009 11:35am at . Reason: To clarify and expand information

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 5:35am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aliveness 8..Really? So i assume you do full contact sparring on a regular basis ..No?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 5:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Aliveness 8..Really? So i assume you do full contact sparring on a regular basis ..No?
    Sorry though I clicked 7... my bad... it's late.. we do a decent ammount of full contact sparring with gear on...but I wouldn;t say regular.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/22/2009 5:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forgot to click the submit change

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2009 1:26pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what international competitors do you have? maybe you should read the guidelines before submitting a review?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2009 11:11am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    what international competitors do you have? maybe you should read the guidelines before submitting a review?
    Actually I did, the thing is though...I can't name any other than the fact that my instructor instructs police and other military agencies throughout Germany and has a school in Charlottenburg Berlin Germany. Does that answer your question?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 10:59am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes it does, do you think it should still be a 9?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What sort of grappling instruction do you have? Does your Sifu cross train in any grappling arts?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 6:39pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by default View Post
    yes it does, do you think it should still be a 9?
    TheStrike Training...or what? I was just going by the description of the ratings... but i'll lower if it gets you too stop whining

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2009 6:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asriel View Post
    What sort of grappling instruction do you have? Does your Sifu cross train in any grappling arts?
    and to answer your question there is a whole section to wing tsun that envolves nothing but grappling and chin-na techniques, but my instructor does throw in some of his own juijitsu experience to mix it up. All I can say it's all about the kimura baby.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast